-
-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
I was discussing this handover with our Delegate-Elect and I decided to check how lengthy it is compared to previous handovers.

So I went through the onsite history and checked against our election records.

Grosseschnauzer got the delegacy from Blackshear in 1 day.
(Blackshear was vice delegate and Chodean Kal resigned, so there is no post-election handover there)
Chodean Kal got the delegacy from Flemingovia in 2 days.
(Flemingovia, Blue Wolf ii, Durkadurkiranistan ii, Groovistan, Ermarian, and Shoeless Joe all took the delegacy in a period of instability and warfare; there were no peaceful transfers after an election among these.)
New Kervoskia got the delegacy from Durkadurkiranistan in 43 days.
Durkadurkiranistan was elected in 7 days.

So that's [1,2,43,7]. The mean is 13 days; the median, 4.5; the standard deviation, 20. If one excludes the abnormal Durk-NK 'handover' (which ended with Durkadurkiranistan banjecting thousands of nations), then that's [1,2,7]: mean, 3; median, 2; standard deviation, 3.

The current handover has taken 9 days so far, and looks to be nowhere near done. I hope it won't take 43 days. That would bode an ill comparison between the outgoing delegate and the defendant in a current (?) criminal case.

The difference between the present situation and my handover to NK is that I was not intentionally obstructing the delegate-elect. Indeed shortly after NK became the second most endorsed nation in the region, I used all my influence to eject as many nations as I could, then I had my nation mod-deleted.

Ok, so why the hell is Grosse still endoswapping?

9 hours ago: Grosseschnauzer endorsed The Confederacy of Maratha Confederacy.
9 hours ago: Grosseschnauzer endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Ingmarl.
9 hours ago: Grosseschnauzer endorsed The Republic of Realia.
9 hours ago: Grosseschnauzer endorsed The United Kingdom of Elysium Magnum.
9 hours ago: Grosseschnauzer endorsed The Republic of Bentenmaru.
10 hours ago: Grosseschnauzer endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Philea.
10 hours ago: Grosseschnauzer endorsed The United States of Rangel11.

And this is just from today, I've seen this occur throughout the handover. Grosse is also not endorsing BWII.

Well, to be fair, Blue Wolf does not have the second most endorsements. Not by a long shot.

Grosse -- 251
Pasargad -- 242
Felasia -- 241
Blackshear -- 192 (AND SWAPPING)
BWii -- 187

If Grosse hadn't been swapping, perhaps the Vice Delegate would be in the seat now. Or the former Vice Delegate.

What I can't figure out, actually, is why Blackshear is tarting it up.

It is a deeply disturbing situation to say the least. Grosseschnauzer may very soon be in direct violation of the law, and the codes that govern Security Council conduct, if he has not already broken it. I have no objections to the Vice-Delegate taking the seat while I swap up, that's what the Vice-Delegate is for, but at this current time it would appear that Grosseschnauzer is attempting to deny the delegacy to any elected official and his active endotarting boarders coup territory. It's all there but the bannings.

I think the handover needs to be coordinated between BW and Gross may be some people need to resign from WA or move out of TNP temporarily .

Or Grosseschnauzer could stop endotarting. That might work too.

He has 5 days to be in compliance with Security Council laws regarding endorsement level. He's been in violation for 10 days and, as Elu pointed out, not only should have switched delegates by now, we easily could have had Grosse not been endorswapping with new nations.

The blame for his endoswapping lays sole and completely on him, he took it upon himself to attempt to raise his endorsement levels while claiming to be in support of the handover.

Eluvatar:
What I can't figure out, actually, is why Blackshear is tarting it up.
I'm doing what I always do and having been doing for over a year. There has been no change in my behaviour whatsoever. When I don't send out telegrams my level doesn't increase much. BW caught up to me pretty effortlessly.

I'm in the Security Council and thought 200 endorsements was a nice round number. Send me a note when I'm breaking a law and I shall comply with the wishes of the Powers That Be.

Edit: You know what, I'll just take a break until the handover occurs. Simpler. You can focus on the actual threat to the region's democracy.

@ BW2 the The Islamofascist Terror State of Blue Wolf II Title does not help your endorsement drive just a friendly advise
and i would like to ask Felasia to reduce his endo numbers ASAP since he is not even member of security council

One thing you're missing here is the sheer numbers involved. When voting started, I was between 280 and 285 endorsements, and until this past week, I had been no lower than 275 and no higher than 285 since late November. At the moment I am around 250 which is about 35 lower which is still 15 percent lower than when elections closed.

Second until this morning, Felesia still had the second highest number of endorsements; Pasargad's numbers sat just below Fel's for the past several days now. And my current level is less than 10 above Pasargad's.

The root of the problem was BW waiting until after voting started to even join the WA (as far as his TNP nation is concerned). I don't keep track of his other nations, so I wouldn't know if any of those were or were not in the W.A.). Had BW's TNP nation joined the WA and started collecting endorsements earlier (as in before he became a candidate) there wouldn't be an issue now. The election code puts a brake on endo collecting where non-incumbent candidates are concerned; so the real issue here is poor planning on BW's part. I won't accept the blame for his poor planning. And we wouldn't be having this discussion.

And as to my giving endorsements, I have had the practice of giving them out long before I was Vice Delegate, and I don't ask for any in return. Except for when I became Delegate, I have never sent telegrams out seeking endorsements. I was fully prepared to go through a transition by endo count (which is a totally different process than resigning. Because I have an obligation to keep endorsements at a higher level due to being an elected member of the SC, resignation or departing the region was not a viable option.
And as it is, Pasargad is within 10 endorsements of my level now, he hasn't endorsed a large proportion of the WA members in TNP, so that part of the process could be finished very quickly and it would come down to being between he and BW.

I would like to ask Felasia to drop WA status for an update, so we can safely transfer to Pasargad the elected Vice Delegate.

Grosseschnauzer:
And as to my giving endorsements, I have had the practice of giving them out long before I was Vice Delegate, and I don't ask for any in return. Except for when I became Delegate, I have never sent telegrams out seeking endorsements. I was fully prepared to go through a transition by endo count (which is a totally different process than resigning. Because I have an obligation to keep endorsements at a higher level due to being an elected member of the SC, resignation or departing the region was not a viable option.
No, you're membership in the SC is not an excuse and you, of all people, can not play dumb and ignorant to the fact that when you endorse people they tend to endorse you back, regardless of whether or not they received a TG.

Your SC membership is not in dangered in the slightest due to endocount, the minimum is 50 endorsements, you're currently at 251, you have no reason to be endoswapping. Your membership to the SC is in danger, however, of being stripped from you for violating the maximum amount of endorsements that SC members are allowed to have for more than 15 days.

Grosseschnauzer:
The root of the problem was BW waiting until after voting started to even join the WA (as far as his TNP nation is concerned). I don't keep track of his other nations, so I wouldn't know if any of those were or were not in the W.A.). Had BW's TNP nation joined the WA and started collecting endorsements earlier (as in before he became a candidate) there wouldn't be an issue now. The election code puts a brake on endo collecting where non-incumbent candidates are concerned; so the real issue here is poor planning on BW's part. I won't accept the blame for his poor planning. And we wouldn't be having this discussion.

The root of the problem is the fact that you AND Blackshear have -continued- to endotart despite the end of the election.

Your entire post reads as nothing more than BS and misdirection and as a smokescreen to justify your illegal endotarting. One must wonder what the real motives behind it are.

Grimalkin:
Grosseschnauzer:

The root of the problem is the fact that you AND Blackshear have -continued- to endotart despite the end of the election.

Your entire post reads as nothing more than BS and misdirection and as a smokescreen to justify your illegal endotarting. One must wonder what the real motives behind it are.
I heard in this thread that Blackshear has decided to stop endorsing nations for now.

@ BW2 the The Islamofascist Terror State of Blue Wolf II Title does not help your endorsement drive just a friendly advise
and i would like to ask Felasia to reduce his endo numbers ASAP since he is not even member of security council

I would like to ask Felasia to drop WA status for an update, so we can safely transfer to Pasargad the elected Vice Delegate.

I've been declining in endorsements number ever since the election is over and I have not given out any endorsement or telegram anyone to endorse me which is exactly what Gross should have done in this situation. Despite my higher then normal endorsements, I do not believe I am in violation of any law.

To ease the concern that I will try to seize the delegacy, I would like to ask anyone who is endorsing me to temporarily withdraw your endorsement. I would also encourage Gross to replace his farewell message on the WFE with another message that ask for WA nations to unendorse his nation and mine.

Felasia, I'm not all that concerned by your nation, you haven't been actively endoswapping and your count has remained about the same throughout the post-election time period. Although you do have a point regarding the unendorsement message and I ask that Grosse put a statement in the WFE to that effect.

Eluvatar:
Grimalkin:
Grosseschnauzer:

I heard in this thread that Blackshear has decided to stop endorsing nations for now.
Which is nice, but irrelevant to the point. Why was he tarting in the first place during a delegacy transition?

Is it habit for members of the Security Council to endoswap during a delegacy transition when the delegate-elect is below them in endos?

How about each of us send out a few 'Please Endorse the Elected Delegate' TGs to nations not yet endorsing the elected Delegate? That might speed up the process a little.

I've literally sent out TGs to every WA nation in TNP other than Grosse and myself. It couldn't hurt to resend some to those who are not endorsing me, however. Perhaps they will become so annoyed by the prospect of get a TG every few days that they will actually endorse me. :P

Back