Petition - That charges against JAL should be dropped

Flemingovia

TNPer
-
-
An Open Letter to Eluvatar,

We the undersigned feel that the way the trial against JAL has been conducted has become an embarassment to the region. Given that there are now no active justices, we call on Eluvatar as the former Attorney General to drop charges against JAL.

Signed:

Flemingovia

(please add your name and reply)

Given that how he has started a personal campaign of harassment and bullying against me through defamation and libel in making disparaging and false accusations that I am a security threat on NS, I will not support this petition.

Govindia:
Given that how he has started a personal campaign of harassment and bullying against me through defamation and libel in making disparaging and false accusations that I am a security threat on NS, I will not support this petition.
For goodness sake, govindia, sometimes you come across as as self-centred as a gyroscope. Not everything on this planet is about you, you know, however much you try to make it so?

Support this on it's merits, or do not do so. The reasons you have given make you look like a spiteful child.

Not that my voice counts for much, I'll go ahead and sign this.

The last time I remember a court case in TNP dragging out this bad was Fulhead's trial almost 5 years ago where the entire jury went missing, much like the current court, and it was decided the charges would be dismissed.

I don't think there has been a single successful conviction as the result of a trial in the history of TNP with the exception of Flem's two-minute trial under Pixiedance/Cathyy's NPD government. Certainly none under the Old Blue government(s).

Blue Wolf II:
I don't think there has been a single successful conviction as the result of a trial in the history of TNP with the exception of Flem's two-minute trial under Pixiedance/Cathyy's NPD government. Certainly none under the Old Blue government(s).
In fact, there is only single successful (as in, actually completed) trial that I can think of as well. :P

To expand on what I said in the other thread, since it's probably more appropriate here as I'm still technically an outsider, if Elu is AWOL than the responsibilities of prosecutor should default to the sitting A-G as per the Legal Code.

"Law 31 Section 3 2) It is the duty of the Attorney General to see to completion any proceeding they are prosecuting. If for any reason, should the original Attorney General be unable to complete a pending case, then the interim or elected successor Attorney General shall take over as prosecutor and complete the pending proceedings."

The law doesn't stipulate who decides what "unable" means in the context of the quoted text but I think it's pretty self evident and I personally don't see why the sitting A-G can't take the decision himself. Considering the requirements of the Bill of Rights, specifically articles 5,7 and 9 and also considering the oath of office taken by government officials - to ensure these Rights are protected - I think the A-G would be well within his authority to do take over the prosecution.

flemingovia:
An Open Letter to Eluvatar,

We the undersigned feel that the way the trial against JAL has been conducted has become an embarassment to the region. Given that there are now no active justices, we call on Eluvatar as the former Attorney General to drop charges against JAL.

Signed:

Flemingovia

(please add your name and reply)
In either event, shouldn't a citizen of this region, as opposed to a foreign envoy, be making this petition?

Flem if you are involved in this region so much why not either re-apply for citizenship or re-join the RA?

Flem if you are involved in this region so much why not either re-apply for citizenship or re-join the RA?

I am god. I can post anywhere.
remember:
"Flemingovia is always right. I will listen to Flemingovia. I will not ignore Flemingovia's recommendations. Flemingovia is god.”

and if being the supreme lord of the universe, master of all that was and is and shall be, is not enough for you, I also applied to be a TNP citizen (not a member of the RA) on 4 December 2011.

Back