In reaction to the Delegate's announcement

Blue Wolf II

A Wolf Most Blue
-
TNP Nation
Blue_Wolf_II
The standing delegate, Grosse, has recently released this statement accusing me of some sort of wrong doing before immediately locking the thread to public response. As such I feel I must respond as both a Candidate running in these on going delegate elections and as the Attorney General.

I have done no wrong, I have broken no laws, nor do I plan to break any laws. My current endocount stands at 20 endorsements where as Grosseschnauzer stands at 274 endorsement at the time of posting. His response is an over-reaction and, quite frankly, a somewhat insulting implication that I, personally, can not be trusted. I assure everyone reading this that I have no intentions to do anything illegal and I will not violate any laws, particularly the endocap, during or after this election unless I am chosen to take the Office of Delegate.

Thank you,

-Blue Wolf II, Attorney General

However, you endorsed over 529 nations in a matter of a few hours, and historically, endorsements do generate a significant response. All I am doing is cautioning strict compliance with the limitation in the Election law about seeking endorsements during the election cycle.
It was necessary to make the announcement because the Court is essentially not functioning at this time, and the outgoing Speaker, who would be tasked with conducting a special election, seems to be of a mind not to do so.
Not to mention that you have a direct conflict of interest in the matter as to prosecuting any violations of the election law.
So the only reasonable alternative in these circumstances was to give a clear warning to all candidates and what the response would be if the law were violated.
The announcement was pinned and locked when posted. It was an announcement, after all, not a discussion.
But Due Process has been met, notice has been given, and you'v taken the opportunity to be heard. I would hope you and the other non-incumbents will be very careful to stay below the threshold that the limit references. (Felesia has his threshold as the incumbent Vice Delegate, Pasargad has his threshold as a member of the Security Council, and Blue Wolf, you have yours as being neither of those.)

So basically you feel I am suspect?

Grosse doesn't seem to realize I'm the one who banned the last tyrant that coupé'd TNP and returned control back to the elected delegate. If this was really just a "warning", a simple PM would have sufficed. No, Grosse made that announcement for a very specific and very political reason.

No, I simply expect you and all the candidates for Delegate and Vice Delegate to obey that law; at this moment (as I type this) you already have 66 endorsements, not 20. At that rate you would be in violation long before voting ends.

This is why players planning to run for Delegate or Vice Delegate start long before to raise endorsements to as high a level as they can without going over the threshold(s); you may or may not get elected, and you wouldn't want to be branded as a usurper, would you? (Or maybe you would.)

Again, you claim not to be saying any of this with malicious intent and then claim I might want to be an usurper. You're contradicting yourself.

Its fairly obvious you're trying to influence voters.

Blue Wolf II:
I assure everyone reading this that I have no intentions to do anything illegal and I will not violate any laws, particularly the endocap, during or after this election unless I am chosen to take the Office of Delegate.
;)

I notice you've been very selective historically, Grosse, enforcing this provision. When I ran for VD and Delegate, I endorsed everyone I could during the election. Felasia, Pasargad and yourself did the same thing last election. I get you don't support BW. I doubt he and I have ever stood on the same side of any issue around here, but Grosse, you're out of line on this one.

I also notice that you're continuing to gather endorsements during the election, Grosse. That's rather unusual given your upcoming retirement and goes counter to all precedence in this region in regards to handling a changeover. What are your plans once the election ends? You plan on sitting on your stack of endorsements (or even adding to them) while you wait for your successor to pass you? Put the wishes of the region before your own and step aside at the appropriate time? Will you put BW's name in the WFE (should he win) and encourage the region to endorse him as has been the general practice?

I understand you have your doubts about a BW delegacy. Many of them may prove to be founded but that's not your call. If you truly believe in democracy, then you have to accept when the majority travels a path different than your own.

Blackshear, I have been maintaining an endorsement level of about 275-280 for several weeks. I literally did not decide whether to seek re-election or not until the very hour I posted my announcement. That was only a few days ago (less than a week.) Given the annual holiday pause in NS activity that was the appropriate course for me to follow. Should Felesia be elected Delegate, the transition should be fairly quick.

In addition, as a sitting elected member of the Security Council, I would be obliged to maintain a level of endorsements not much lower than I should be at when a successor is chosen. I'm not going to follow the route you did, or Flem did when he left office. We're going to have to have an old-fashioned hand-off because of my ongoing obligation to maintain endorsements as a member of the Security Council. That won't be changing.

And don't forget I maintained the level I had as Vice Delegate until after I was elected Delegate, and then took steps to increase my endorsements by sending TGs to many nations from whom I had not received endos in the past. After that one wave, I haven't sent TGs releated to endorsements for the remainder of my term, and I still managed to be about 100 endorsements higher today than when I was elected.

I like the idea of setting a higher bar for the next person; as it is we're now the feeder with the greatest number of WA endorsements and votes in the W.A., and only one founded regions has more.

My position is very clear, in the absence of a replacement Court, since the Speaker started but did not proceed with a special election, and since the AG is a candidate for election, someone had to do the dirty work to at least try to keep order. If I had said nothing, there is some doubt we would have had a vow of compliance, but since it is now a matter of public record, there's a better chance of compliance.....however, once one has already endorsed the entire WA membership in TNP, there's not much you can do about how fast endorsements are received in return. A better managed endorsement campaign would have avoided this issue, and that is a fault when a candidate waits until after voting had started to even join the WA.

Grosseschnauzer:
Blackshear, I have been maintaining an endorsement level of about 275-280 for several weeks. I literally did not decide whether to seek re-election or not until the very hour I posted my announcement. That was only a few days ago (less than a week.) Given the annual holiday pause in NS activity that was the appropriate course for me to follow. Should Felesia be elected Delegate, the transition should be fairly quick.

In addition, as a sitting elected member of the Security Council, I would be obliged to maintain a level of endorsements not much lower than I should be at when a successor is chosen. I'm not going to follow the route you did, or Flem did when he left office. We're going to have to have an old-fashioned hand-off because of my ongoing obligation to maintain endorsements as a member of the Security Council. That won't be changing.

And don't forget I maintained the level I had as Vice Delegate until after I was elected Delegate, and then took steps to increase my endorsements by sending TGs to many nations from whom I had not received endos in the past. After that one wave, I haven't sent TGs releated to endorsements for the remainder of my term, and I still managed to be about 100 endorsements higher today than when I was elected.

I like the idea of setting a higher bar for the next person; as it is we're now the feeder with the greatest number of WA endorsements and votes in the W.A., and only one founded regions has more.

My position is very clear, in the absence of a replacement Court, since the Speaker started but did not proceed with a special election, and since the AG is a candidate for election, someone had to do the dirty work to at least try to keep order. If I had said nothing, there is some doubt we would have had a vow of compliance, but since it is now a matter of public record, there's a better chance of compliance.....however, once one has already endorsed the entire WA membership in TNP, there's not much you can do about how fast endorsements are received in return. A better managed endorsement campaign would have avoided this issue, and that is a fault when a candidate waits until after voting had started to even join the WA.
I see both points.

The question I have for BW, is , why the hell did you not even join the WA BEFORE YOU RAN FOR OFFICE?

SERIOUSLY <_<.

Govindia:
I see both points.

The question I have for BW, is , why the hell did you not even join the WA BEFORE YOU RAN FOR OFFICE?

SERIOUSLY <_<.
I've got a slightly more important question for BW - why the hell didn't you - the Attorney General - stop Govindia FROM RUNNING FOR OFFICE? I thought we had laws against that? SERIOUSLY?

I really don't see the problem with not being a WA before elections as long as I have a reasonable endorsement count by the time the elections are over. According to Grosse, I most certainly will, therefore its a non-issue unless you have a very specific bone to pick.

Personally, I think BW action had been consistent with what is required from a candidate for WA Delegacy and see no reason to warn him (especially) in public just for endorsing all WA nations in TNP as BW have not violate any law or even threaten to go over the Vice Delegate in endorsement numbers. He is just preparing himself in case he win which is highly likely.

So yeah, let him endorse those nations since he should be doing it.

Haor Chall:
Govindia:
I see both points.

SERIOUSLY <_<.
I've got a slightly more important question for BW - why the hell didn't you - the Attorney General - stop Govindia FROM RUNNING FOR OFFICE? I thought we had laws against that? SERIOUSLY?
......because I haven't violated anything in this region, and it actually follows the rule of law here unlike in other places?

Blackshear:
I also notice that you're continuing to gather endorsements during the election, Grosse. That's rather unusual given your upcoming retirement and goes counter to all precedence in this region in regards to handling a changeover. What are your plans once the election ends? You plan on sitting on your stack of endorsements (or even adding to them) while you wait for your successor to pass you?
Actually, you have a very good point, Blackshear. Grosseschnauzer just went on a fairly sizable endoswapping run about 14 hours ago, bringing his endorsement total to 279, even though no security risk currently exists. The only "threat" he has lately identified was me, and I only have 99 endorsement at the time of writing.

It could be nothing, but it just seems somewhat suspicious, what with the delegate hand over to occur soon, to suddenly start endotarding for no good reason.

Grosseschnauzer:

So basically...

tumblr_l9fqjzTyW91qcikulo1_500.png

Govindia:
......because I haven't violated anything in this region, and it actually follows the rule of law here unlike in other places?
Most places follow the rule of law, it's just the laws they use which happen to be different.

So if you haven't violated the laws here, maybe that suggests the laws here need to be toughened up a bit?

Haor Chall:
Govindia:
Most places follow the rule of law, it's just the laws they use which happen to be different.

So if you haven't violated the laws here, maybe that suggests the laws here need to be toughened up a bit?
If I haven't done anything wrong, there's no reason to "toughen" up laws when there's no purpose to.

Disliking someone is not a justifiable reason to bully, persecute, or attack someone. It's wrong, and that's what should be punished.

Well, it depends entirely on laws adaquately reflect what is wrong and what is right, but I think you missed the point somewhat.

Back