An urgent reminder to all candidates

Section One of Law 26 specifically provides that:

5. Non-incumbent candidates for Delegate and Vice Delegate may not obtain an endorsement level during the election cycle greater than the level authorized for members of the Security Council under Law 30.

This applies uniformly to all of the candidates who are not currently serving as Delegate or Vice Delegate. In the absence of a Court, and given that one of the candidates is the incumbent Attorney General (who would be in a conflict of interest in the enforcement of that provision), I am giving notice that this provision will be strictly enforced if need be by a ban and ejection.

It is no excuse for any candidate fr Delegate or Vice Delegate to wait until days after voting has commenced to join the World Assembly with a nation within the North Pacific and engage in endotarting nearly every nation in the region. They could have, at a minimum joined the W.A. before the election cycle started, or at least as soon as they declared as a candidate. And for this to be the sitting Attorney General who is obliged to enforce the law, not break it, does not provide a very conforting picture of the circumstances.

I will be closely monitoring this situation and if a violation of the legal provision occurs prior to the end of the election cycle I will act.

Back