Embassy of Osiris

rs7y2r.png

Pharoah: Lyanna Stark
Kai Repat: Mahaj
Sepatarchy: Biyah, Lemmon Love, Abbey Anumia, Jamie, Simparsia.
Great Kenbet:Siam Meow, Kain The Dragoon, Zaolat
Council of Ma’at: Rhaegar I Targaryen, New Kervoskia, Oliver​

Sepatarchy
The newly elected Sepatarchy consists of Biyah, Lemon Love, Abbey Anumia, Jamie, and Simparsia. Congratulations! They've been seen in cabinet, busy discussing the The South Pacific/Osiris treaty and the MPA “one size fits all" treaty. The The South Pacific treaty, after some long discussion passed the Sepatarchy while the MPA failed to garner support. The NS Republic is currently being discussed.

Citizenship
New citizenship requirements have been implemented(click here for details) with a purge to clear out old and and inactive citizens having ended just a few days ago. We have also welcomed Renster, Tiger, HORRIBLE HORRIBLE, Sieverill, Moon, mapmakers, Campinia, zippy, Black Aspens, Rawr, Vaughn, Kogvuron, mnubindia, Kostemetsia, Unibot, Anubisia, KevinWasserman, and Chezare Ulahar III as new Citizens of Osiris.

Integration
Lemon Love has been busy drafting a welcome message for nations that join Osiris with Lyanna and Biyah. We're working on a PM system for new members to help them get oriented, as well as keeping the RMB fun and busy! The recruitment requirements of haikus led to some fun ones being posted by Osiris members as well, such as:
In response to the RMB Question: What do nations look like when they revive?
Simparsia:
A nation reborn
Looks like a reversed earthquake.
Creation ensues.
LemonLiz:
Interesting Simp!
A reversed earthquake you say?
Sounds quite neat to me!
Zombie Gaddafi:
BRAINS BRAINS BRAINS BRAINS BRAINS
BRAINS BRAINS BRAINS BRAINS BRAINS BRAINS BRAINS
BRAINS BRAINS BRAINS HAIKU
In response to Nazi Spam:
Diamete:
The question is moot
haiku or not to haiku
Ban that leather boot

Foreign Affairs
In Foreign Affairs, we have established a set embassy policy. seen here (link). Six new embassies have been accepted, including embassies from: Skyrim, the Founderless Regions Alliance, United Defenders League, Taijitu and The Land of Kings and Emperors.

Military Arms and Intelligence News:
Georgie as our Sobek (Vizier of Military Arms) has been asked to set up the Medjai Guard, or regional military. We've already got a high membership going up and are working on training and getting more coordinated, with possible collaborations with other regional militarys planned.

Biyah's been spotted in the corner of the Pharaoh's Hall, sneakily eating oyster crackers as fast as he can. No one knows for sure what the Vizier of Intelligence is up to, besides, perhaps, himself.

Culture:
The Game of Thrones roleplay has finally started, although at a slow pace. We have had the new adoption of Jon Targaryen (Simparsia), to Lyanna Stark-Targaryen and Rhaegar Targaryen! Congratulations to the happy family!

Not only that, we've started R-r-random IRC games--surprise games here and then for the fun of it. The first of these was a trick!trivia quiz, seeing Biyah and Campinia tie for the win. Congrats to these two!
<Earth> Is it legal for a man in Wales to marry his widow's sister? Why?
(In Query, Answer:)<Abbey> Yes, because Wales is weird.
<Earth> Okay, I'm a bit nervous because of Abbey's answer.
* Abbey giggles
<Abbey> I was joking, partly
<Abbey> It wouldn't surprise me either way :P
<Earth> Biyah, Camp, and SL were in my answers correct saying that he's dead and therefore can't marry.
<Abbey> oh bah :P
<Biyah1> then again, they're welsh. One never knows
<Abbey> pretty much the gist of my answer :P
<SL> isnt there a stereotype of the welsh that they shag sheep?

Citizens for Osiris Gluttons for PUNishment!
By: Simparsia

Osirians have been counting down the days to the inaugural episode of the hottest new game show to grace their region: PUNishment!
As the name suggests, the game revolves around wordplay, double-entendres and, of course, puns.

Live studio audience
Much like many of the globally recognized game shows in existence, such as Price is Right and Let's Make a Deal, PUNishment! is to be played in front of a live studio audience, and contestants will be selected from their seats. Contestants are picked two at a time, and the two then compete against one another in a war of words, so to speak.

"The show's about being right on the money with your words," said the show's host Bingo Sorvino (otherwise known as Simparsia--shhh!), a man who seems to know a thing or two about fast-talking. "You've got to be able to think quickly, and have a competent vocabulary. Game shows ain't just about winning stuff--they're about expanding your brain and learning stuff."

The rules of the game are fairly uncomplicated; the contestants are given a topic, and they proceed to have a conversation about said topic. The catch is, each phrase given by a contestant must contain at least one pun. The example given by Sorvino was: "The topic could be about cameras, and one contestant might say 'Photography isn't something I've had much EXPOSURE to'". He went on to say that the other contestant would have up to five minutes to come up with a pun-filled reply, and if time run out, they would be declared "stumped" and lose the round. What makes the game harder, however, is that puns are not allowed to be recycled, even if it is in a different context.

Lowest form of humor?
While reception to the game show seems to be warm, the reality of the situation is that people often call puns "the lowest form of humor" and are frowned upon, or groaned at. When asked about this, Sorvino had these words to offer:

"Puns are great. They demonstrate the ability to think quickly on your feet, as well as a highly-developed vocabulary. To participate in a battle of puns, especially when it can become rapid-fire at times, requires a great deal of wit. So all these people who are looking down on puns are only showing one thing: that they're a bunch of yutzes who can't handle the hot-seat--and you can quote me on that!"

The show is set to begin on Friday, March 16th 2012 at 7:30pm EST. Anyone who would like to watch the show first-hand, and possibly compete, can do so by going to Esper.net IRC room #PUNishment on that date at that time.
PUNishment.png

Trial for Suspected Traitor in Early Stages...
by: Simparsia
Let's face the facts: without the recap of past updates, this would be a really short article.

The trial of Tim has been progressing, but at a virtual snail's pace. In our last report, the defense had entered the plea of Not Guilty on 16 February 2012. There hasn't been much happening since then.

The prosecution, led by Hileville, delivered its opening statements on 20 February 2012. The statement was brief; a definition of treason from the Osiris Legal Code, and how the state believes Tim to be guilty of it.

"Treason is defined in the Osiris Legal Code as "an act that betrays the regional security of Osiris in favor of an outside personality or organization, motivated by the intention to undermine or overthrow the lawful government of Osiris." The prosecution will provide evidence that the defendant committed a betrayal of the regional security of this great region. Tim participated in a conversation in which he encouraged the other participants to "raise hell" and "[expletive removed] Osiris up". [...] The prosecution is seeking a verdict of GUILTY on the charge of committing an act of treason by planning to overthrow the government of the region."

The defense, led by Durkadurkairanistan, made an interesting move by using the same definition of treason in their counter-argument.

"Treason is defined in the Osiris Legal Code as 'an act that betrays the regional security of Osiris in favor of an outside personality or organization, motivated by the intention to undermine or overthrow the lawful government of Osiris.'" said the Defense. "I emphasize 'act'. My client never acted in any sense of the word. My client thought about overthrowing the delegacy of the region, and even discussed the possibility. But at no point did he follow through on any of these conversations; in short he talked of potentially committing a crime but he never actually did commit the crime. This is Osiris, a region that prides itself on its liberalism and liberty; we have no thought police and we shouldn't." He finished his argument with "Raising hell is one thing; treason is another. My client is no traitor." [Emphasis added by journalist]

The prosecution followed up with providing a transcript of the entire discussion as evidence against the accused, and has called its first witness to the stand. The witness, Oliver, was the acting-Pharaoh of the region at the time of the attack. The call to the stand was issued on 27 February 2012 -- it wasn't answered until 3 March 2012. Upon taking the stand, the witness said:

" would have appreciated some sort of heads up that was being called as a witness", apparently an oversight by the prosecution.

"I'd appreciate if I could still be a citizen here..."
The accused has personally admitted to having the conversation, but maintains that he is not a traitor, and his motives are misunderstood.

"Yes, I partook in the Osiris chat. And yes I told them to '[Expletive that rhymes with "duck" Removed] IT UP'. Not meaning this in the grief manner you probably thought," he said in his own defense. "I was taking a bit of a raider thought process towards this. My thought process, at twisted as it may be, was that a raid on Osiris would do what a raid usually does to regions. It makes them more active." While his stance on his actions has been primarily defensive, Tim did express at least some remorse. "I told them to attempt an Osiris raid, but I had a different outlook on it than them. I should have voiced this earlier and I regret that I didn't…So I'd appreciate if I could still be a citizen here. It's a really nice region and I'd still like to work to increase life here even if I'm not delegate."

The Osirian Papyrus will continue to update as the trial progresses. It is recommended that no one puts their lung capacities to the test for a verdict to be reported just yet--we seem to still have some way to go.

Osiris: Believe It or Not!
mars_ancient_egypt.jpg
BERN – Swiss scientists say they can prove beyond a doubt that the Lost City of Atlantis was on Mars, and its astronauts traded with ancient Egypt for thousands of years! Even more incredible, they claim to have the evidence to show that the legendary King Tut died spectacularly in a space shuttle crash with an alien crew.

“The Martian Civilization destroyed itself or was destroyed by a meteor while Egypt was still in its prime,” Dr. Stephan Weisz told a gathering of reporters and scientists in Bern, Switzerland. But the inhabitants left their mark both on Earth and Mars. Top secret photographs taken by America’s Martian probes clearly show the remains of temples on the surface of the planet.

“Egypt’s pyramids and the ability to mummify the human body are definitely the result of technologies that originated not on Earth but someplace else, in this case Mars. It is our belief that the Atlantans traded these technologies to the Egyptians for gold.”
Dr. Weisz and a colleague, Egyptologist Conrad Vetsch, said that a recently deciphered Egyptian scroll first led them to believe that Atlantis was located on Mars. The scroll describes a technologically advanced civilization existing beyond our own planet “in the vast, black ocean of space.”

It also alludes to space travel and the use of a shuttle craft to ferry manlike extraterrestrials from a space-bound mother ship to the surface of Earth.

“Researchers have long known that the Egyptians were exposed to flight because an elaborate model of what they called a glider was found in Tut’s tomb,” Dr. Weisz told the group. “In light of information gleaned from the scrolls, we now see that the glider was in fact the replica of a space shuttle. And it was just such a space craft that crashed with Tut aboard.”
Not everyone attending the conference agreed with the experts’ theories. Dr. Seth Rausch, a German historian, thinks they went too far in calling the Martian civilization Atlantis. “I don’t doubt that the Egyptians were in contact with extraterrestrials,” said the expert. “But until we actually inspect the ruins on Mars, there is no way to know if they are the remains of Atlantis.”

“In my opinion, if Atlantis did exist, it existed here on Earth.”

Norwegian astronomer Elling Gade agreed. “Atlantis might have been the colony of an alien civilization. But it most definitely was located on this planet,” he said.
And with that, we leave you with a final haiku:
Come, join Osiris
A home to all who seek it.
Just don't be a douche.

-Haiku King Simparsia
Osiran Forums

Ladies and gentlemen of The North Pacific. The region of Osiris has been watching her sister Game Created Regions, and has noted a situation of unrest in your wonderful home. As a fellow GCR, we are always available to help the legitimate government of a Feeder in times of trouble.

Osiris officially extends a hand of friendship to The North Pacific and her peoples, and offers any support we can.

We stand ready to assist you at your request.

~Pharaoh Lyanna Stark

rs7y2r.png

Pharaoh: Lyanna Stark
Kai Repat: Mahaj
Sepatarchy: Tyrion of Biyah, Lemon Love, Abbey Anumia, Jamie, Simparsia.
Great Kenbet: Hileville, Kain The Dragon, Zaolat
Council of Ma’at: Rhaegar I Targaryen, New Kervoskia, Oliver​

Great Kenbet
The Second Great Kenbet Elections ended March 25th with the re-election off Kain The Dragoon and Zaolat. Our previous Attorney General Hileville was elected as the third member of the Bench. Congratulations to these three! Eluvatar has been appointed to the position of Attorney General now.

The Sepatarchy
The Sepatarchy has spent the last bits of legislative time working on amendments. It was brought up that there were no real methods to recall a Sepatarch or a Kai Repat, so the Sepatarchy passed legislation addressing these problems. These bills will have to go up to referendum before the public before they take effect, though.

There was also a discussion about the Sepatarchy role in the chambers. A consensus was clear that legislating for the sake of legislating was a bad idea. More consensus and ideas are also on the table, as well as rumours about fixing small loopholes and other treaties.

Citizenship
We've gathered a bunch of new Citizens to the scene now as well! Quadrimmina,North Wiedna,ThiefLord, ACKJVR,trueatfirstlight, Danger Goat, Bertienomics, Emperor of the Imperial Crown, Ravania, ApproximatePsychosis, Bridgemarsh, Oh My Days, Univer, PASD,Neavilos and at last Former Pharaoh Dalimbar has also been welcomed back to Osiris with open arms!

Integration
New skins have been added to the forum, such as 'Ye Olde Pub'; it's a fun, friendly skin to add to the two we already have. With the addition of “The Quick Guide”, new forum guides, and bracketing we are striving to make our forums more user friendly. Lemon Love has been busy writing a new welcoming message for new forum members to make sure that all those that join the forum have an easy time making their way around.

Foreign Affairs
We have established a few more embassies as of late. Embassies have been opened for The North Pacific, The West Pacific, The United Federation, Imperial Britain, Atrigeas, and Europeia. We invite all regions that have an embassy with us, to come on over and open an embassy on our side. New treaties also seem to be in the works and we will have more on that as the time comes.

Military Arms
We were all shocked when Georgie our "Sobek" (Vizier of Military Arms) resigned. This immediately caused uproar....One citizen even told Lyanna not to accept his resignation. Eventually, after a show of unanimous support for Georgie, he, whilst rubbing his bruised and twisted arm, rescinded his resignation and was reaccepted back into the Viziers.

Culture
Yes, Osiran Citizens are still gluttons for PUNishment. Come and and join us for a whacky, punny night! Fun is had by all. Where else can you PUN the night away? Remember #PUNishment on The EsperNet IRC Network.

At the end of our last round of PUNishment, we started with a roundrobin leading to Goobergunchia versus Oliver in a Dirty Puns round, which Goober won. It seems NationStates has a very dirty Moderator! You can see the logs below, but they are rated -at least- PG-13.
[21:42] Earth: The Theme Is: Dates, Mates, and All Things In Between.
[21:43] *Biyah is On Top, get used to it
[21:43] Wied: Err
[21:43] Wied: I drop
[21:44] Earth: Oliver, 60 seconds.
[21:44] *Oliver is pro-creating. I like creating.
[21:44] Earth: Mahaj!
[21:44] Mahaj: so... i saw this girl... she was the best i met to date
[21:44] Mahaj: (okay i can drop if you want :p)
[21:44] Earth: (I like it.)
[21:44] Earth: Goober!
[21:44] Goobergunch: I'm so glad it's well after Hump day this week.
[21:44] Earth: Aga!
[21:44] Agamemnon: uh
[21:44] Agamemnon: In your endo?
[21:44] Oliver: weeeeak
[21:44] Earth: Try Again. P
[21:44] Earth: :P*
[21:44] Agamemnon: Yea, I got nothing.
[21:45] Earth: Alright..another one bites the dust!
[21:45] Earth: Biyah, 60 seconds.
[21:45] Oliver: unz unz unz
[21:45] Biyah: Ya'll can't win, I'm a Master-Baiter
[21:46] Oliver: oh Come on, this shouldn't be so hard
[21:46] Earth: Goober! 60 sec
[21:46] Goobergunch: The challenge certainly could go Three-Ways.
[21:47] Earth: Biyah!
[21:47] Biyah: Ollie, you're such a Limp Wrist.
[21:47] Earth: Ollie!
[21:47] Oliver: I'm just working the Kinkies out of my system.
[21:47] Earth: Goober!
[21:47] Oliver: I suppose "Kinks" would have worked too
[21:47] Goobergunch: To make sure you're not Blue? Balls.
[21:47] Earth: Biyah!
[21:48] Biyah: Goob Came up with a responce just in the nick of time
[21:48] Earth: Nope, Ollie's used Came
[21:48] Earth: or was it Come.
[21:48] Biyah: bh
[21:48] Oliver: same verb, really
[21:48] Earth: yeah, Biyah.
[21:48] Biyah: ah well
[21:48] Earth: Ollie's 60!
[21:49] Oliver: I had.. it's gone
[21:49] Oliver: shit
[21:49] Oliver: um
[21:49] Earth: 30 sec.
[21:49] Earth: 20
[21:49] OliverPound for Pound I'm as good as Goober
[21:49] Goobergunch: You're putting me in the Hot seat.
[21:50] Oliver: I think the Date-a suggests I'm going to win.
[21:50] Goobergunch: I think it's Mate in only a few more moves, myself.
[21:50] Oliver: I think it could go Both Ways, at this point.
[21:51] Goobergunch: As long as it ends before we're Stiffs.
[21:51] *Biyah chokes on his drink
[21:51] Oliver: I need to Erect a barrier against his dirty mind
[21:52] Goobergunch: It's really not that Sweaty in here.
[21:52] Oliver: I don't think Boobergunch knows what he's in for.
[21:52] Goobergunch:I keep aBreast of the situation.
[21:53] Oliver: If this keeps up I'm going to have to Nipple and dime him to death
[21:53] Goobergunch: Do you really think you're enTittled to do that?
[21:53] Oliver: I think I've got my strategic Ass-ets
[21:53] *Biyah facepalms
[21:54] Earth: XD
[21:54] TheGrimReaper: (oh desperation.)
[21:54] Goobergunch: You think you can Stick me in a corner like that?
[21:54] Goobergunch: [I know, weak]
[21:55] Oliver: This is starting to get reDickulous.
[21:55] Goobergunch: I think Earth's going to Hairy us up soon.
[21:55] Earth: XD
[21:55] Earth: eww.
[21:55] Oliver: I don't know about that.. in related news, have you heard about the large Hard-on collider?
[21:56] Goobergunch: So many particles, all Jiggling around.
[21:56] Oliver: I don't know if we can Jugs-le all these terrible puns
[21:57] Goobergunch: I don't want to Bounce out!
[21:58] Oliver:I don't know if I can Do this?
[21:58] Earth: ...that's awful, but okay.
[21:58] Oliver:Was "do" used yet?
[21:58] Oliver: lol
[21:58] Biyah: (very awful )
[21:58] Biyah: :P
[21:58] Goobergunch: We just have to keep being Into this for a bit longer
[21:58] Oliver: Maybe if we just Strip it down to basics
[21:59] Goobergunch: I guess. I think I've got the Stamina to keep it up no matter what.
[21:59] Oliver: What's left except to Expose myself?
[21:59] GoobergunchIf it helps, maybe somebody can serve us Tease.
[22:00] Oliver: Thirty seconds is very Hard to do
[22:00] Biyah: (*hard was done)
[22:01] Oliver: At this point I'll even take a loss gracefully, this is quite difficult, haha
[22:01] Biyah: lies, Goob gave it to you up the ass
[22:01] Earth: Yeah, I'm not giving you that one.
[22:01] Biyah: without lube
[22:01] Biyah: twice
[22:01] Goobergunch: So Earth is being a bit Anal about the rules?
[22:02] Oliver: Alrighty, well done Boober
[22:02] *Earth giggles at Goober.
[22:02] Oliver:P
[22:02] *Oliver offers hand
[22:02] *Goobergunch shakes it
[22:02] Biyah... good job?
[22:02] Earth: Dirty, dirty job.
[22:02] EarthAnd..that is it for this weeks, folks!

Not only that, but new games and NS CrossFire is coming back with Dalimbar and Biyah. We've got new games and discussions as well as SkypeNite around the corner.

April Fools!
On April First, "She Who Must Be Obeyed” Lyanna Stark became the Queen of the "The Terra'n Monarchy". To gain access to the forum, one must "submit to Lyanna" by submitting the following oath:
I here swear fealty to the Pharaoh of Osiris
To ever enrich the Land;
To be faithful and true;
To love all that they love, and shun all that they shun;
To destroy those who seek to destroy Her.
To keep secret any counsel She entrusts to me, nor knowingly disclose it to Her harm;
To be diligent in my service to my Pharaoh;
To be loyal to Her Gods and guardian to Her people;
And to light the way for Osiris.
Here by my honor, my hand, and my heart, affirm I.

Not only that, but the flag was changed to that of The Empire. The Rejected Realms, Osiris, and The North Pacific all flew The Empire flag that day. All the fun can be viewed in the "Alexandrian Library", the Osiris Forum Archives.

At the same time Max declared a NationStates IPO, which quickly became a sensation. Max explained this better than we could, so click here!

On-going Trials
The trial of Osiris v. Tim continues. Due to Hileville being elected to the Great Kenbet, the case was required to be refiled by the new Attorney General. The Court gave the Executive two weeks to refile the case, or it would be dismissed. Luckily, the case was refiled within the time brackets and it is now up to the courts to accept.

The RMB
As many of you know, we have some fun requirements on our RMB. It seems that Osiris members know how to fulfill the requirements better than silly recruiters, so here are two fun posts that were seen lately on the RMB.
Turtles Everywhere:
To protect the world from evil legions
To unite all nations within our regions
To denounce the evil of Nazis and spam
To our leader all our shares we cram

Lyanna!
Oliver!

Team Osiris, haikuing around 'til our board's a mess
Advertise cleverly, or be suppressed
(Mahaj, that's right!)
Quadrimmina:
To protect the world from devastation,
To unite all peoples within our nations,
To denounce the evils of hating doves
To extend our reach to the stars above,
(Jessie! James!)
Osiris blast off at the speed of light.
Stay now, or prepare to fight.
(Meowth! That's right!)

Believe It Or Not
Mummies and Mummification Facts​

The modern English word of 'Mummy' has its origins in the Latin word 'Mumia' which itself is derived from the Persian word for Bitumen ('mum') which is supposed to be used in the embalming process. Preserved remains in the form of mummies were most extensively discovered in Egypt, where this was a common practice from before 3300 BC, till as late as 400 AD. Let us look at some interesting mummification facts related to Egypt.

Ancient Egyptian Mummification Facts
Here are some interesting artificial mummification facts about how the Egyptians preserved their dead and developed a systematic embalming procedure.
The very ancient Egyptians buried their dead in dry sand, which preserved the bodies through the process of natural mummification. However, as their idea of afterlife evolved, they felt the need to protect the body by encasing it in a tomb and burying them with resources for their afterlife journey. This and the discovery of chemical preservatives led to the evolution of a systematic mummification process which was perfected during the reign of the 18th to 20th ruling dynasties of the Egyptian new kingdom (from 1500 BC to around 1100 BC).
The chemical which made the preservation through mummification process possible was 'Natron.' It was a naturally occurring material found in dry lake beds. Natron is a mixture of sodium carbonate decahydrate, sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) and common salt. On moisture exposure, Natron increases pH and leads to the creation of hostile conditions for bacterial growth. These properties made Natron, the ideal embalming agent for mummification process in Egypt.
The process of mummification (which lasted for 70 days) began with removal of the brain which was not stored and preserved like the other vital organs. The rest of the organs, excluding the heart but including the lungs, intestines and stomach were removed after making incisions in the left hand side of the body. They were stored in separate jars filled with Natron to preserve them.
Next, the whole of the body cavity was stuffed with Natron, and its outside was covered with Natron too. This chemical drew out all the moisture from the body, halting the process of decomposition. This process of dehydration lasted for forty days.
After the body was adequately dehydrated, oil was applied to the skin and the insides to preserve the elasticity of tissues.
Then the dehydrated organs were returned to the body after being wrapped in linen and the body was stuffed with materials like saw dust to make it appear life-like.
Again oil was then applied and the whole body was finally wrapped and covered with resin soaked linen from head to foot. Various amulets were tied inside the linen and the body was finally placed in a sarcophagus. There were elaborate rituals where spells were read out to get rid of evil spirits.
The Pharaohs had tombs like pyramids built for themselves where their bodies were preserved in mummified form and buried with all their possessions (including mummified pets!).
An ancient Egyptian mummy makes for a great piece of scientific evidence which tells us a lot about the life in Egypt at that time. The most famous mummies discovered were those of the Pharaohs- Seti I, Ramesses II and Tutankhamun.
This short compilation of mummification facts must have surely intrigued you a lot. Preserved mummies from Egypt and around the world are displayed in museums all over the world, including Berlin, London, and of course Cairo in Egypt. Today, these preserved mummies are symbolic of the eternal question that death presents us!
Article by Gary Pilgrim

OP#5 update written and edited by Diamete, Lyanna, Georgie and Mahaj.

Earth:
Ladies and gentlemen of The North Pacific. The region of Osiris has been watching her sister Game Created Regions, and has noted a situation of unrest in your wonderful home. As a fellow GCR, we are always available to help the legitimate government of a Feeder in times of trouble.

Osiris officially extends a hand of friendship to The North Pacific and her peoples, and offers any support we can.

~Pharaoh Lyanna Stark
I am hoping that the proposed treaty will be ratified by our two regions, so we may have a legally binding way to assist each other as you describe, Pharaoh!

mcmasterdonia:
Earth:

~Pharaoh Lyanna Stark
I am hoping that the proposed treaty will be ratified by our two regions, so we may have a legally binding way to assist each other as you describe, Pharaoh!
Can I just let Osiris know that the situation of unrest is a lot better now. I have taken some Alka Seltzer and opened a couple of windows.

osirisa.jpg

(Read from right to left - "Welcome and offerings, Great and Good Osiris. We bring you offerings")

More correctly - Welcome, Great Good Osiris, offerings in your honor.

I hope I got my bi-literals correct. :D

(I actually studied Hieroglyphic, Demotic and Hieratic writing in college for some odd reason).

rs7y2r.png

Kai Repat: Dalimbar
Sepatarchy: Biyah, Lemon Love, Josha, Bridgemarsh, Quadrimmina
Great Kenbet: Hileville, Zaolat, The Direwolves
Council of Ma'at: New Kervoskia, Oliver, Goobergunch​

<@Mahaj> i haven't actually done any mating at all, but since i have to print it out the teacher won't know :p
<+Eluvatar> You better not have done any mating young man!
<@Mahaj> lol
<@Mahaj> mating = hard and stupid

Election Fever!
The last few weeks has been election fever, kicked off with a Kenbet Special Election. As the Sepatarchy recalled the absent Kenbet member, Kain the Dragoon, the Council announced new elections. The election was between Asmodeus (Georgie, or The Direwolves) and Diamete. The election ended 7-4, with Asmodeus taking the seat.

Next, we had the Third Sepatarchy elections. The candidates were Biyah (Returning Sepat), Lemon Love (Returning Sepat), Bridgemarsh, Campinia, Asmodeus, Quadrimmina, and Rawr. After three days of wild vote changes and nail-biting, as well as after Rawr dropping out, the Third Sepatarchy was elected. As we in Osiris did Single Non Transferable Vote (SNTF), every citizen could vote for only one candidate; as such, the election results were: Biyah (6), Lemon Love (5), Bridgemarsh (4), Quadrimmina (4), Campinia (4), and Asmodeus (3). (It should be noted that one voter changed his vote last minute to avoid a 4-way tie.) As such: Biyah, LL, Bridge, Quad, and Camp were elected!

But we were not done with Sepatarchy elections, as Campinia retired from NationStates, leaving another vacancy in the Sepatarchy. Rather than hold those elections immediately, the Council decided to hold them at the same time as the Pharaoh elections.

The Pharaoh Elections started quickly, with Lyanna Stark (Incumbent) being nominated and accepting, announcing her Kai Repat candidate to be Former Pharaoh Dalimbar. They were challenged by Quadrimmina/Jamie. There was a debate on IRC between the candidates which included lots of praise for Lyanna from Quadrimmina (as did his entire platform). The official results were that Lyanna Stark and Dalimbar won with 94% of the vote (excluding abstain). Congratulations to the winners and nice race to Quad and Jamie!

The Sepatarchy Election was between Josha (Rawr) and Hyanygo. Josha won a majority of the vote, taking the seat.

Congratulations to all! Let's hope all have wonderful terms!

Council of Ma'at
After mild fireworks, High Priest Agamemnon resigned from his post. He served us long and well as one of the first people involved in Osiris. Agamemnon had served on the Council from its creation. The Sepatarchy quickly announced and approved Goobergunchia as the candidate for the new Council of Ma'at spot, and the Council accepted Goober.

The Council also announced that there would be a change in voting from Single Non Transferable Vote (SNTF) to letting one citizen vote for one candidate for each open seat (thus, if five Sepatarchy seats are open, one can vote for five candidates). It was also announced that due to the vote changing madness of the last elections, votes would now take place by secret ballot.

After a slight foreign affairs snafu, the Council laid down an official statement on Forum Restriction. It reads:
No Osirian Citizen or government official, and no Foreign National or government Official; may copy or redistribute to a Foreign Power's forum, any official Osirian discussion in part or in whole, without the express permission of the Pharaoh, Council of Ma'at or Kai Repat.

Private discussion of Osirian affairs is permissible – as long as official documents and discussions are not published on a Foreign board.
While assumed to be policy before, it is now clearly laid out.

Great Kenbet
The Great Kenbet currently consists of: Zaolat, The Direwolves, and Hileville. Currently the Great Kenbet is occupied with the Treason Trial of Tim which is still ongoing; the Court is currently waiting for the opening from the defense.

Dalimbar's Patience
Former Grand Vizier and current Kai Repat Dalimbar's patience has now become a currency. Though mercurial as a currency, Osiris has seen several citizens rejoicing in the street and joining the PatienceZone. An anonymous PatienceZone member has stated, "As the wine flows through the streets, the currency soars!" More on this here (clicky).

The Sepatarchy
The Sepatarchy has been very busy this term!

Already, they've appointed Goobergunchia to the Council of Ma'at and recalled Kain from the Kenbet, as well as passed a lot of new laws. A law was passed regarding approval of citizenship around elections to prevent voter fraud, as well as a Sunshine Law to edit the Book of the Dead for grammar/gender mistakes. They also created the position of Spokesperson of the Sepatarchy and held elections for such, which Biyah won. The Sepatarchy also passed the TNP-Osiris treaty and updated our Conflict of Interest laws to pertain to new citizens.

Two referendum changes to the Book of the Dead were recently passed as well. There are now rules on how to remove the Kai Repat or an inactive member of the Sepatarchy.

Integration
Osiris has recently starting using a welcome telegram script, aimed at sending an Osirian welcome telegram to every newly resurrected nation to come into Osiris. It is hoped this system will eliminate the need for spending hours slaving over the Nationstates Site, thus freeing up people for other projects - as the Pharaoh directs.

New Sepatarchy member Bridgemarsh was seen locked in the "Quick Guide" section of the forum. Lyanna Stark refused to comment on this capture of a Sepatarch, but instead notes, "Don't the new guides look so pretty? There'll be more." She coughed, but it sounded somewhat like "Or else." Interesting..

Foreign Affairs
After debates, conferences, and deliberations, Osiris has passed a treaty allying themselves to The North Pacific. The treaty was written in conference by members from Osiris (Lyanna, Biyah, and Goobergunch) and The North Pacific (Eluvatar, Gulliver, Peoples Empire). The treaty passed in the Sepatarchy and was quickly signed by the Pharaoh. It contains provisions primarily for mutual defense and intelligence sharing. The full treaty can be viewed here.

Military Arms
At major update on the 107th Day of the First Reign of Pharaoh Lyanna Stark, the First of Her Name, the Soldiers of Osiris, the Medjai Guard, acting as support to our friends from United Kingdom, Romana and The United Federation stormed across the desert and into the lands known as Warzone Sandbox.
As the allied forces seized the throne, the troubled region fell under the control of delegate Take The Money And Run. How long allied forces will remain in the area is unknown, but no ruler has held power for more than a month in recent times, and only in pre-history did someone hold Warzone Sandbox for more than 100 days.

The Sobek of the Guard Asmodeus, and Guardsman ABK was the only guardsmen part of the original invasion, however Guardsman and Vizier of Foreign Affairs Diamete and Guardsman Mostly Armless have helped reinforce the region, with 14 troops now endorsing the delegate.

The Guard is now firmly entrenched along with its allies, and looks forward to defending against possible attempts to dislodge them. All Medjai Guardsman are encouraged to move to Warzone Sandbox, and those interested in joining Medjai Guard should sign up here.

Hail the Pharaoh! Hail Osiris!

Culture

Chess Tournament

Osiris has begun hosting its first of what we hope will be many tournaments for citizens, as of going to print over 25 games have been played in the tourny so far with Oliver and Mahaj taking an early lead. Mahaj in particular has received positive reviews from his opponents, claiming that chess wasn't really his thing before pulling victories out of nowhere. Good luck to all the contestants as the games continue.

Trivia
Lyanna Stark recently hosted an IRC-Trivia night, with questions and answers contributed by citizens. Members of Osiris and other regions all took part and after 30+ questions it came down to a final tiebreak between Milograd and Hyanygo for the top score. Milo answered faster and took the title of Osiris Trivia Champ with a score of 43 to Hyanygo's 38. Congratulations to Milograd and we hope that all that participated had fun!

The RMB
The Tree of LizLemons: I'm doing pretty well thankss! It's almost hot enough for the pool. yessssss :)
The Holy Empire of Danger Goat: Pish, pools are for squares
The Tree of LizLemons: Pools are fun even for goats :P
Campinia: Lemons + pools = lemonade?
The Directorate of Geradin Empire: Should we start planning for Lemon Party at this rate?
The Tree of LizLemons: I'm down for a Lemon party ;)
The Fun and Fancy Pharaoh of Lyanna Stark: I do not think that means what you think it means, Liz.
The Rainbow Connection of Mahaj WA Seat: Greetings, Osiris! You're invited to a Lemon Party! But not at my place.
The Ever-Watching Federation of Biyah: ROFL! LemonParty at Liz's place.

Believe It Or Not
- The first monotheistic religious state ever was in Egypt, established by the Egyptian Pharaoh "Akhenaton" the founder of the monotheism, taking the sun as a symbol of the one and only god.
- Ancient Egyptians were one of the very first people who invented a writing method (their genuine Egyptian hieroglyphs).
- The known year calendar to 365 days and 25 hours of the day were an Egyptian Inventions.
- Dwarfs in Ancient Egypt would be respected and sometimes they get important positions in the state.
- the Egyptians were the first to make an international peace treaty and they recorded it. it was between the King "Ramsees ll" of Egypt and Hattusili lll of the Hittite empire.
- First "labor Strike" in history took part in ancient Egypt by the Egyptian workers.
- ancient Egyptians were clever in preserving food and meat using materials like Natron and Sodium Bicarbonate (which is still used today). They would use it in the mummification process as well.
- First glass and faience objects and accessories were found in Egypt.
in Egypt also , was the invention of painting on plaster.
- Cement was first invented by the Egyptians.
- The oldest known wine cellars were discovered in Egypt.
The Egyptians didn't invent beer but with the documentaries of their earliest brewing process, they made it easier for us.
Source Here (Clicky!)

And we end as we begun..
[20:35] <@Biyah> NAIL THE EMPRESS ELIZABETH!
[20:35] <@Biyah> .. shite. Hail.
Osiran Papyrus #6 Written & Edited By Diamete, Lyanna Stark, Georgie, Bridgemarsh, Biyah, and Dalimbar.

rs7y2r.png

Kai Repat: Biyah
Sepatarchy: Quadrimmina (Spokesman), Lemon Love, Mahaj, Bridgemarsh, Cora

Announcement from the Pharaoh - The Empire Rises.
It is official, Osiris is now known as The Osirian Empire. Read the announcement by our beloved Empress!
It is my privilege to announce some changes that are coming to the region of Osiris today. With the Council in support, I hereby announce that we are now known as The Osirian Empire. I, Empress Elizabeth of The Empire, have chosen Osiris to be My seat of power in the Nationstates World; let all rejoice!

With our change of name, I am also announcing that our region will be taking a glorious new path into the international world. We will be expanding our sphere of influence, and entering the international community as a diplomatic and military force to be respected. We do not need to stay within the borders of Osiris in order to be a neutral region, we can (and will) take part in world affairs. We will respond to world events from a viewpoint untainted by the dogma of the defender/raider ideology. Our diplomats, and the Medjai Guard, will receive their new orders accordingly.

Let me be clear, however. The government of Osiris will not change, we are not replacing the Book of the Dead; this is a name change and RP overlay. We are making this change with every respect to the laws of our home, as a new aspect to the government. If we find that specific changes need to be made, they will be passed as any law or amendment would--democratically. We will remain neutral, far from the flawed ideologies of both extreme sides.

A new day is dawning. I hereby decree a week of celebratory RMB games, IRC fun, a masque, and more!

-Lyanna Stark/Elizabeth, Pharaoh of Osiris & Empress of the Empire

Kai Repat
An hour after our current Kai Repat, Dalimbar, was recalled with an unanimous vote by the Sepatarchy and consent from the Pharoah for his inactivity. Dalimbar resigned due to RL time constraints. The region of Osiris wishes him well and good luck in all his future endeavors!

Pharaoh Lyanna Stark appointed Biyah, the Spokesman of the Sepatarchy, to the position of Kai Repat. All wished their congratulations to the new appointee, who has already gained enough endorsements to be second in the region.

Sepatarchy

Josha departed from the Sepatarchy suddenly leaving a vacancy and a special election was held. Our former Kai Repat, Mahaj, ran for the position unopposed and won.

Then, with the vacant seat open from Biyah’s ascendancy to the Kai Repat position, another election was opened. This time Cora ran unopposed, taking the seat. Congratulations to both Cora and Mahaj!

With the Speaker of the Sepatarchy seat vacant as well, Quadrimmina was appointed for the seat and won after approval by the Pharaoh. Congratulations to Quadrimmina!

The Sepatarchy has been busy as of late! It passed a law that no Osirian government official may hold two positions (Pharaoh, Kai Repat, Sepatarchy, or Kenbet) simultaneously. This ensures for separation of powers through the different branches of government.

The Sepatarchy also unanimously voted to amend a section of The Book of Dead that states a veto from the pharaoh can be overturned by a 2/3 vote of the Sepatarchy. The amendment makes it so a veto can only be overturned by unanimous vote from the Sepatarchy, due to the previous law making the veto ineffective. The amendment went to referendum and passed.

Lastly; the Sepatarchy has passed a complete revision, using the Sunshine laws, to update the entire Book of the Dead and the Osirian Legal Code. The original Book of the Dead has been archived for future study, and a new living document has been created, which will be updated on a regular basis, for ease-of-viewing.

Council of Ma'at
The Conflict of Interest Disclosure for all citizens was updated asking for more information about one’s past in Nationstates. Much discussion occurred with some citizens voicing their opinion. The Council of Ma’at decided that the updated disclosure is a “violation of their independence and is an undue hindrance to citizenship”, and so citizens will only be asked to disclose certain information if the government finds him/her to be a threat to regional security.

The Council of Ma’at, at the Vizier of Security’s request, also placed a temporary ban on Tim receiving citizenship, until a new trial can be organized under better conditions.

Osiris vs Tim
The Trial of Osiris VS Tim has officially been dissolved. The reasons were generally pointed to the length of the trial, and the fact that both Prosecution and Defense were unable to continue their trial duties due to summertime responsibilities. The official ruling of the Great Kenbet was: Not Proven.

The Direwolves stated in drafting this update, “With this verdict the Great Kenbet expresses two things. One: Its displeasure with both sides for not following anything resembling a speedy time-table, and two: its belief in Tim's guilt.

This is not a verdict of Not Guilty, although Tim is acquitted of all charges. The Not Proven verdict is being used because whilst we believe Tim is guilty, the lack of an actual prosecution didn't allow us, in good faith, to find him guilty.”

This issue is available for retrial at a later date.

Integration
A new temple has been opened to assist new members within Osiris. The goal of the Temple of Bes is to recruit current Osirian citizens to act as guides within the forum and IRC for new members to help them get integrated within the region. A lot of progress has already occurred with work to send welcoming messages to new members on the forum and the creation of the Junior Vizier position. Led by Bridgemarsh, Junior Viziers are being recruited to assist some of the current viziers in their duties. Current openings include Foreign Affairs, Culture and Security.

Military Arms
The Medjai Guard camped out in Warzone Sandbox for over a month before storming into Warzone Europe to take control. New promotions were handed out to loyal Medjai members.
Following the successful operation, Mostly Armless, trueatfirstlight, Kogvuron and Ravania were promoted to the second rank of the Medjai Guard, becoming Silihdars. Diamete was further promoted to the rank of Sanjaqi, for taking part in both Medjai Guard missions.

Ravania and Kogvuron were both granted honorary titles. Ravania became Amir Majlis, Guardian of the Pharaoh's seat and bed, for providing a home to Medjai Guard in the form of Skala. Kogvuron is granted the title of Qussad, for providing the Medjai Guard with information on possible missions, and organising most of the co-operation between five different regional militia's during the Guard's first operation.
With the new directives from the Pharaoh, we expect great new things for the Medjai Guard before our next update. See you on the battlefield!

Culture
Priest Oliver has started a new game of Diplomacy, an online game of alliances and fun for Osiris members to try to gain power in.
Oliver:
Diplomacy is a board game which, being turn-based, translates relatively well over into online play. It is a game like no other; there are no random elements except for the players themselves. Players must negotiate, but with no mechanism to enforce honesty, who can be certain of any allegiance? No player can survive without interacting with the others, but ultimately only one player can win.
Lots of fun has been had in this competitive game! If you’d like to join, multiple games may be opened if interest is shown. It only takes 10-15 minutes a turn!

Also there has been an interest in re-starting PUNishment! The Game Show. Culture Ministers Quadrimmina and The Direwolves have been active in preparing fun new things for the region on the forum, IRC, and on the RMB!

Believe It Or Not

Who Built the Pyramids?
Egyptologists and historians have long debated the question of who built the Pyramids, and how. Standing at the base of the Pyramids at Giza it is hard to believe that any of these enormous monuments could have been built in one pharaoh's lifetime. Yet scholars think they were built over mere decades for three pharaohs who were father, son, and grandson (Khufu, Khafre, and Menkaure).
For more info on article . Source is here(clicky!)

ZkCYk.png

This Update was written by Diamete, Lemon Love, Lyanna Stark, The Direwolves, and Biyah.

rs7y2r.png

Kai Repat: Biyah
Sepatarchy: Quadrimmina (Spokesman), Lemon Love, Demarest, Vladisvok Destino, Cora

Sepatarchy
It was election season again for the Sepatarchy, with nominations for the fourth term Septarchy starting August 21st. Nominations began with Sepatarchy Spokesperson Quadrimmina nominating 19 people. Several declining their nominations, before Pharaoh Lyanna Stark realised that we were yet to nominate Quadrimmina for another term. Poor Quad stating "I was starting to think I wasn't going to be a Sepatarch anymore".

Quadrimmina, Vladisvok, Cora and Lemon Love accepted their nominations, but it appeared that the region was going to have to do some searching to find the fifth Sepatarchy candidate. Aurora tried to nominate herself but was ineligible due to the 14 day citizenship requirement. A clarification of the law by the Council of Ma'at indicated that an individual must be a citizen for 14 days at the time of the election to be eligible to run. This meant that Demarest was eligible, and thus the five candidates Quadrimmina, Vladisvok, Cora, Lemon Love and Demarest went on to form the fourth Sepatarchy.

The Fourth Sepatarchy has a significant agenda set out for itself to achieve this term. With the high calibre of the Sepatarchs and the guiding hands of Quadrimmina and Kai Repat Biyah we look forward to seeing them meet all of their goals.

Great Kenbet
Elections
The Great Kenbet was once again up for election with Zaolat, Hileville and The Direwolves all indicating their intention to run for another term. Septarch Lemon Love accepted her nomination for Kenbet leading to a tight election between the four candidates vying for the 3 available positions. Zaolat was the front runner winning easily with 12 votes, while Hileville and The Direwolves both received 8 votes narrowly defeating Lemon Love with her 7 votes.

Osiris v Tim
The Osiris v Tim trial has finally come to an end in the form of a plea bargain. The Attorney General Eluvatar, Pharaoh Lyanna Stark, and the Defendant Tim Stark signed off and agreed to the plea bargain. The Attorney General wrote of his concern for the standard of the judiciary stating that "The standard regarding all agents of the court should be raised, and it is hoped that the Kenbet would be willing to set time limits on parts of cases, that of course can be extended if asked--but will not go on forever. We are not blaming the Kenbet, but are going to them in hopes of a solution so that this does not happen again."

According to the terms of the plea bargain the Great Kenbet held that "Tim's citizenship will be restored, with his ability to run for Sepatarchy restored in a year from the time of execution of this agreement. He may not hold the roles of Pharaoh or Kai Repat, nor serve on the Council of Ma'at or Kenbet. He may, though, be a Vizier. He will be on probation regarding endotarting and heinous behaviour, and this incident can be referenced by the evidence if there is a future incident. This particular issue may not be raised as a separate case again."

Game of Thrones
The Game of Thrones role play has started up once again. The setting is Kings Landing. Biyah has taken to setting up the roleplay and doing a significant amount of the work behind the scenes. The RP has only just started up and we look forward to seeing how it plays out.

Culture
Pharaoh Lyanna Stark decided to start a Tetris competition to add to the fun and activity on the forum, and to get everyone involved in a fun game! The contest ran for a week, accepting screenshots from any variant of TetrisFriend's Marathon. The standings at the end were:
1. Abbey (240,409)
2. The Direwolves (200,477)
3. Lyanna Stark (182,509)
4. Quadrimmina (106,403)

Congratulations to Abbey for her tetris-skills!

The Egyptian Temple
The newest edition to the Osirisan boards has been greeted by moderate interest and could possibly lead to more Egyptian themed roleplay. The “Egyptian Temple” is a centre for the role-played worship of ancient Egyptian deities and myths. Participants in the activity begin their roles in the Egyptian Temple by pledging their devotion to one, out of many major gods and goddesses from the ancient Egyptian religion. After pledging his/her patronage, the participant continues to their patron’s temple, where he/she can talk to an oracle or the god or goddess his/her self, and participate in religious services.

The High Priest will conduct religious services, people may choose their patron god or goddess, join the cults of smaller deities, learn about the myths surrounding their chosen gods, or dedicate themselves to becoming priests.The out-of-character purpose of this is to learn and enjoy a little bit of ancient folklore by diving head first into the myths. There are still lots of roleplaying yet to be done, and for the most part, the temple is still under construction and the temples, or subforums, are yet to be created.

The Medjai Guard

It's been a busy few weeks for the Medjai Guard. We saw our first non-Warzone action as we took Lebanon, holding it for a few days before TITO restored the decadent Phoenician Empire that the Medjai Guard removed.

The Guard saw further action in Greece, supporting the New Persians group in their long term goal at dislodging the old decaying Persian Empire from the region. The New Persians don't call any one region their home, but will continue to pursue their goal.

Also, the Guard helped Birth Ctrl-Z take Warzone Europe from Right to Life. Followers of the Medjai Guard's exploits will remember that the Guard held the region for almost a month earlier this summer. A successful mission saw 4 of the 6 participants make update, with Mamalik Kitabeya Abbey Anumia and Mamalik Kitabeya Jamie Anumia both taking part in their first missions for the Guard. The two will likely be among those promoted to higher ranks later on in the year.

Most recently, delegate-elect of Lazarus Feux accepted the offer of help in the delegacy transfer from Griffin Somerset. Most of the Guard's force has deployed into Lazarus for this operation, which will hopefully signal a new era of co-operation between Lazarus and Osiris.

Gateway Radio:

Osiris is proud to announce the rechristening of Nationstates' first webcast Radio Station, Gateway Radio!

We're just starting it out, but we're keeping a sharp eye out for potential DJs, or talk hosts, who think they have the stuff. The only requirement... have fun!

Come listen in, it's a non-stop party! #Gateway_Radio on Espernet!

The Wedding of Empress Elizabeth

In the dark of the night, those close to the Imperial Party gathered as The Empress Elizabeth and Prince Rahl, of the Empire, joined heart and mind in matrimony.

Highlights from the wedding include:

* @LordTeshys begins to continue reading out of a long and pompous book, when said book suddenly bursts into flames. He quickly throws it into the pool.
* @Rahl rolls his eyeballs to the sky, decides that's the theme for the night, and walks up to join his beloved.
<@LordTeshys> Do you have the rings?
* @Rahl snaps his fingers, and two servants step up with the rings.
* @LordTeshys inspects the rings. "Excellent. Truly, these are rings to rule them all."
<@LordTeshys> Then do you, my Empress, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish for as long as you both shall live?
*** Elizabeth Quit (Ping timeout: 202 seconds)
<@LordTeshys> :S
<+Cormac> (Is that a no?)
<+SleepingFigs> >_>
<+SleepingFigs> Your bride fled :(

If you want to read the entire ceremony, visit us at Osiris.

Osiris would like to wish the two joy and long life! Let all of nationstates tremble, for two Imperial hearts joined as one can never be broken!

Believe It Or Not

Egyptian Stonehenge predates the pyramids

Some 20 years ago, in the Egyptian desert about 100 kilometers west of Abu Simbel, Fred Wendorf noticed a group of large stones on the site of an ancient lake bed. Reasoning by their appearance that they must have been brought there at some time in the past, he began excavations. What he uncovered was the oldest-known astronomically arranged megaliths, predating Stonehenge by over 1000 years.

For more info on article . Source is here(clicky!)

[9:33 PM] HEM: #Osiris is too active

This update was written by McMasterdonia, The Direwolves, Biyah, Lyanna Stark, Diamete and Camwood

Govindia:
lol the Empire oh boy....

I'm sure TEP would love to hear Rahl aka Biyah returned :P
lol, you're late.

The Empire =/= The Osiran Empire. Already been over this. Rahl's a character played by Biyah, it's a roleplay dimension.

Earth:
Govindia:
lol the Empire oh boy....

I'm sure TEP would love to hear Rahl aka Biyah returned :P
lol, you're late.

The Empire =/= The Osiran Empire. Already been over this. Rahl's a character played by Biyah, it's a roleplay dimension.
Any empire in any feeder region or sinker region is bad.

Your opinion is so noted.

There have been many Empires in the feeders, to one degree or another. The term 'empire' == evil.

~B

The Osiris Government would like to request that the member known as "Govindia" who was banned from Osiris due to his prior behaviour towards members of the NationStates community overall including harassment, stalking, and otherwise inappropriate actions be restrained from entering and/or posting in the Osiris Embassy on The North Pacific Forum.

This is a thread for the Osiris Government to convey our news with The North Pacific, not to be continually insulted and to tolerate a persona non grata of Osiris. The evidence I cite as critique on our government is his attacks on Biyah in this thread (which were then split from this thread) and his attacks on the Osiris Judiciary about a week ago.

Osiris is considering implementing this policy across our other embassies abroad as well.

mofa-seal.png

As The North Pacific Minister of Foreign Affairs, I have chosen to approve this request from the government of, our ally, Osiris.

It is to my belief that the embassy of an Ally, or even any embassy we have, should not have to tolerate criticism of it's government officials in an area such as an embassy. The embassy is a place for the region to give updates on what is happening in said region; not a place for said region's officials and systems to be criticized by somebody who obviously has bitter feelings.

I am honoring what Osiris asks and shall restrain Govindia from posting within the embassy of Osiris, as they request. Govindia, however, is still able to view and read the embassy of Osiris, as the embassy is public viewing material for TNP Residents.

After reviewing the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, I do not see anything prohibiting this request, nor do I see anything prohibiting the granting of it.

It is my hope that if a similar situation were to occur in the Osiran TNP Embassy, The North Pacific would be granted the permission for a similar request.

Sincerely,
Tim
Minister of Foreign Affairs

[size=-3]Edit: Added Seal ~Elu[/size]

It is my hope that if a similar situation were to occur in the Osiran TNP Embassy, The North Pacific would be granted the permission for a similar request.

Of course. Osiris views foreign embassies as territory granted abroad and treats them as such.

IHlBk.png

Come one, come all to the Osiran Games Tournament!

Osiris has been hosting regional chess tournaments for a few months now, with conversations on chess tactics and games going on on an almost nightly thing. It's become something that many of the region have participated in--from those that are ranked in real life as chess players, to those that play for fun, and for those that are just new to the game.

It doesn't matter your skill level, if you'd like to play, sign up either here in your embassy, on the Osiran Embassy thread on the NS Forum, or come join us on the Osiris forum! Anyone can join, and games can be played over Yahoo or Chess.com or many other venues agreed upon by the players--wins and losses must be confirmed by both sides to count!

With regards to Tetris, we just concluded our first regional Tetris Competition! Games were played on Tetris Friends or on Facebook's Tetris Battle, both set on Marathon. To enter, one must screenshot their game with a text document of some sorts next to it with their NS name typed out. :) If you're interested in the Tetris Competition, let us know below too!

We'd also like to add PacMan and Space Invaders to the list of games. Same rules as tetris will apply--screenshots of the score with a text document showing one's name only will be accepted as score submissions!

May all enjoy our games!

ob3m.png

A Request from the Interim Delegate of Osiris

In order to ensure the delegacy hand over in Osiris is done safely and securely, I would like to request the assistance of the North Pacific Army in order to do so.

I would also like to say that I'm looking forward to working with the North Pacific in the coming months.

Regards,
Mad Jack
Interim Delegate of Osiris

The NPA will assist you with this request. There may be some instances where we will switch out, and back in. I hope that the transition to getting you into the Delegacy is done quickly and without issue.

faedit2.png

The Department of Foreign and Diplomatic Affairs of the Empire of Osiris hereby declares its recognition of McMasterdonia as Delegate of The North Pacific.

We believe that McMasterdonia is a beacon of how NationStates players should be, one who works within the system of the regions to improve the experience for all citizens while at the same time, keeping a conscious eye on matters which could influence a region from external sources.

We firmly believe and agree with the assessment that McMasterdonia is innocent of any wrong-doing, and that any wrongdoing is the fault of Error on behalf of the staff. We do not consider anyone to be specifically at fault for this blunder.

We are pleased to see that the error is being rectified and that the Delegate of The North Pacific, McMasterdonia will be restored to his rightful and elected place as Delegate.

We thank the Game Staff for prompt realisation of the error and their wishes to make amends and for their wish to do the right thing and put everything to rights.

Signed, on behalf of the Region of Osiris, it's Government and Emperor,

The Mad Jack
Pharoah of Osiris

Lord Ravenclaw
Vizier of Foreign and Diplomatic Affairs, Osiris.

newpapryus.png

Citizens of Osiris, Foreign Guests, Distinguished Allies, Visitors from Outer Space and finally, Neenee's Glittering Creations:

We, the Osiran Department of Foreign Affairs are delighted to present a digital edition of the Papyrus, the final edition of 2012 in a bumper edition to make up for the quiet of the last few months!

This edition is in PDF, so you may download to read it at a later date, or you may simply click on the link below to read the final edition. We won't be publishing anything else this year, so we recommend that you spare a few minutes to admire all the work that has gone into it.

Please, feel free to provide some feedback as well - this is a new experiment for us, and if we get a lot of positive feedback, we will consider doing posting the January edition of the Papyrus in then same style (digital/pdf) format.

[ Click Here To Read The Winter Edition ]

Finally, Osiris would like to wish you a calm, peaceful festive season. Remember, don't drink and NationStates as that is how wars are started!

Lord Ravenclaw
Vizier of Foreign Affairs

&

The Direwolves
Pharaoh of Osiris

Back