Request for Recall

Grimalkin

TNPer
I am formally issuing a request for the recall of Security Council member Pasargad for a violation of the Bill of Rights, Article 5:

Bill of Rights:
5. All Nations of The North Pacific have the right to be protected against the abuse of powers by any official of a government authority of the region. Any Nation of The North Pacific has the right to request the recall of any official of a government authority of the region in accordance with this Constitution, that is deemed to have participated in such acts.

Pasargad, in his position of authority as a member of the Security Council, unilaterally declared my nation a security threat to the region on the RMB and began an unendorsement campaign against me.

Pasargad:
The Empire of Pasargad
6 hours ago
All TNP WA members are requested to please withdraw your endorsements from The Faerie Dominion of The Winter Sidhe

Pasargad
TNP Security Council

Pasargad:
The Empire of Pasargad
5 hours ago
The Winter Sidhe has been identified as a potential security threats to the Region.
Pasargad
TNP Security Council

When asked to provide evidence of said security threat:

RMB exchange:
The Dominion of Qaalered
3 hours ago
Evidence of this security threat is required.
The Empire of Pasargad
2 hours ago
:)

I was well within the legal endorsement limit (195, give or take 1 or 2 endos) when Pasargad first advised me to reduce my endorsement level:

Pasargad's TG:
The Empire of Pasargad (1 day 4 hours ago)
Pls reduce your Endo Numbers ASAP
Pasargad
TNP Security Council

I informed Pasargad that my "lawyers" had informed me that I was well within my legal right, and he responded thusly:

Pasargad's 2nd TG:
The Empire of Pasargad (6 hours ago)
This is your second official warning
.and ur lawyers have misinformed you :)
Regards
Pasargad
TNP Security Council

It is a fact based on the evidence above, and based on the statement of the Vice Delegate,

Denarian Knight:
The Felasia's Order of Denarian Knight
105 minutes ago
At this moment, The Faerie Dominion of The Winter Sidhe is not considered as a security risk and no authority was granted to the Security Council to make such action. Though, I would advice everyone to keep their endorsement under 200as Article III, Section 1 of the Constitution of the North Pacific indicates that the duty of the Vice Delegate (or me :P) is to have the second highest endorsement count and that the Delegate shall exercise discretion in banning nations whose endorsement count exceeds that of the Vice-Delegate.

The Empire of Pasargad is in the process of coming into compliance with the law and is current exempt from it, but any other violation may result in an ejection from the region at the discretion of the delegate.

Also, I would just like to use this post to introduce myself. I'm your new Vice Delegate elected in Special Election. :) Feel free to telegram me if you needs any help.

Your Vice Delegate and Chair of the Security Council

that Pasargad, as member of the Security Council, acted outside the scope of his authority and abused his power against my nation, the Winter Sidhe, and has permanently attached the stigma of "security threat" to my nation.

EDIT: Changes made in bold.

Both the current Vice Delegate and I have since posted at the RMB indicating to The Winter Sadhe that they do need to observe the legal constraints one endorsement levels.

It is a fact that the office of Vice Delegate is in transition from Pasargad to Felasia, and that transition would not be complete until Felasia has the second highest number of endorsements in the regions and does not exceed either 85 percent of my total (now about 250) north within 20 of my levels. And it's been understood from the original.debate as well as the debate on the 2011 amendments to Law 30, that those not on the Security Council should not exceed the levels of those players, currently being myself, Pasargad and Eluvatar.
From what has been communicated to me, Grimalkin has not yet acknowledged the concerns that have been expressed to him by the three of us , either from the PMs or the RMB posts, and therefore, if we're going to have a recall on one side, then we're going to need to address the lack of willingness one the other to acknowldge their legal responsibility to comply with the legal constraints to endorsement levels on the other, and I would expect the news Attorney General to show and even-handedness in this matter in seeking action on Grimalkin.
I think we'd be better offor if we focused on getting endorsement compliance, peeiod. A commitment from Grimalkin on this matter to observe these levels would suffice, along with a commitment not to seek any additional endorsements that would place The Winter Sadhe abovr the levels currently held by the Delegate, Vice Delegate, and the members of the Security Council.

You would have a point, Gross, except that I was never outside the legal restraints for my endo levels. And I indicated to the Vice Delegate in a private conversation of my intentions to make sure that I would be in compliance with the 85% rule, which, I say again, I was not in violation of to begin with.

Therefore Gross, you post in entirely irrelevant and not valid to this discussion.

I believe that whatever the intent might have been, the Security Council having more endorsements than all other residents has never been enforced. In addition, my endocount is not sufficiently high for that to be reasonable.

It wouldn't even be possible for the Delegate to ban Groovistan, for example.

I would like to add this next piece of evidence to my Recall request:

Pasargad:
The Empire of Pasargad
6 minutes ago
I would like to remind all the nations that Pasargad As a member of TNP Security Council considers the nation of The Faerie Dominion of The Winter Sidhe as a security threat until proven other wise.

He does seem to be directly using his position as a member of the Security Council to privately wage a personal war upon someone who has not actually been declared a threat.

Its fairly clear he is using his position for his own personal gain, isn't that an oath violation?

I request The Attorney general to reject the motion to Recall

1-Its just a cheap attempt to question my credibility as a Long Time TNP resident and forum member
2- I do not need to prove any thing my record speaks for it self
3-Grimalkin action and words shows his dislike for the TNP delegate and his desire to gather influence so in future he be elected Delegate shows he was doing it just to instigate the elected delegate and SC .
4- he has insulted a member of SC by calling me delegate's lapdog in RMB
6 hours ago The Faerie Dominion of The Winter Sidhe

In fact, Mr. Delegate, instead of giving ear only to your lapdog, you'd see that the Vice Delegate as already cleared the Faerie Dominion of any wrong doing or of breach of the law. Her Majesty the Queen also does not appreciate being threatened, Mr. Delegate, as the Faerie Dominion was and is well within the law. If you have the legal recourse to discipline our nation, then I suggest you do it. Otherwise, keep your empty threats to yourself.

Grimalkin,
Servitor to Her Majesty, Mab
the Queen of Air and Darkness, Monarch of the Winter Court of the Sidhe
5_my actions have been considering TNP Bill of Rights 2.. The governmental authorities of the region shall act only in the best interests of the Region,

Pasargad

1-Its just a cheap attempt to question my credibility as a Long Time TNP resident and forum member

I thought it was an attempt to question your credibility as a member of the Security Council. Although if you'd like to invoke your seniority in an attempt to appear superior, you can do that as well.

2- I do not need to prove any thing my record speaks for it self

Um. Well, usually, if you accuse someone of being a security threat, you're supposed to justify your claim.

3-Grimalkin action and words shows his dislike for the TNP delegate and his desire to gather influence so in future he be elected Delegate shows he was doing it just to instigate the elected delegate and SC .

This is probably the dumbest thing I've heard all day.
Please rename your party the Paranoid Party.

4- he has insulted a member of SC by calling me delegate's lapdog in RMB

I'm a bit confused.

Is he a security threat because he is going to take over the region alongside Taijitu, Gatesville, and the WA gnomes, or did you declare him a security threat because you just don't get along with him?

EDIT: Since you stuck a 5th point on the end there, I might as well address that one too.

5_my actions have been considering TNP Bill of Rights 2.. The governmental authorities of the region shall act only in the best interests of the Region,

Okay. Quote a passage that isn't entirely relevant, considering it is highly debatable whether Grimalkin is actually a threat to the region or whether you just don't like him. It doesn't nullify the other passages which you may or may not have violated with this rash action.

Also, I don't think the AG has the power to cancel this request.

i think you can add that to the list of why i should be recalled

Do you actually have anything to say or are you just going to be obnoxious? If you do not plan to defend yourself against what Grimalkin has accused you of or to reply to my concerns, then I'll ask you to refrain from disrespecting me with these odious comments. Predicting that someone is gaining endorsements because they want to "be elected Delegate" later is not an appropriate reason to declare them a security threat (and being elected Delegate is not an illegal process, so I don't quite see what effect you were aiming at achieving my making that statement), nor is it any kind of "evidence" which supports your position. You acted without consulting the rest of the Security Council, your accusation was negated by both the Delegate and the VD, and you refuse to retract it. As far as I'm concerned, this attempt to recall is perfectly legitimate, and if you fail to address my argument in a formal and appropriate fashion and instead choose to accuse me of being part of some kind of "gang" I'm going to move this damn thing to vote right now.

As far as I know, Gross and Pasargad, the Attorney General is not in control of motions to recall elected officials. According to the Constitution:

3. The Assembly may remove any holder of any elected or appointed office or position by a motion of recall approved by a two-thirds supermajority of the Regional Assembly.

...this is the duty of the Assembly, not the Court. I am the Speaker of this Assembly and it is my duty and ability to move things to vote. This is a motion to recall, not a civil complaint. This is within the RA alone.

Um. Well, usually, if you accuse someone of being a security threat, you're supposed to justify your claim.
I sent two TG to him asking him to reduce his endorsement count as he was nearing the Vice Delegate Endos Count, but he choose to ignore my advise and continued to endorse and increase his endos level. i see that as threat to the elected delegate and vice delegate.

I'm a bit confused.

Is he a security threat because he is going to take over the region alongside Taijitu, Gatesville, and the WA gnomes, or did you declare him a security threat because you just don't get along with him?
are you speaking as Elected speaker OF TNP RA or member of so called Prop ...?

Okay. Quote a passage that isn't entirely relevant, considering it is highly debatable whether Grimalkin is actually a threat to the region or whether you just don't like him. It doesn't nullify the other passages which you may or may not have violated with this rash action.

just a straight forward question which part of The governmental authorities of the region shall act only in the best interests of the Region, is irrelevant?

Because the burden of proof remains on you to show that Agamemnon is a security threat, or that in following the rules the Speaker would be acting against the best interests of the Region?

Pasargad:
I sent two TG to him asking him to reduce his endorsement count as he was nearing the Vice Delegate Endos Count

False, you did not state the reason for reducing my endo count, you only demanded that I do it. And as I sent back to you, I was well within my legal endorsement limit. Would you like me to post the two TGs you sent me? I still have them.

but what the conspiracy theories regarding Taijitu, Gatesville got to do with this he was referring to some thing totally irrelevant and it seems party politics has blurred his judgement

Grimalkin:
Pasargad:
I sent two TG to him asking him to reduce his endorsement count as he was nearing the Vice Delegate Endos Count

False, you did not state the reason for reducing my endo count, you only demanded that I do it. And as I sent back to you, I was well within my legal endorsement limit. Would you like me to post the two TGs you sent me? I still have them.
I have already posted the TG content in SC war room . and i know you have discussed this with other members of SC record are in the WAR room . you were well aware why you were asked to reduce your endos level .

Actually, no I wasn't "well aware" of anything. All I had were two TGs telling me to reduce my endo counts, and then woke up to find that I was declared a security threat. That's all I was "well aware" of.

I sent two TG to him asking him to reduce his endorsement count as he was nearing the Vice Delegate Endos Count, but he choose to ignore my advise and continued to endorse and increase his endos level. i see that as threat to the elected delegate and vice delegate.

Hey, we're getting somewhere. I'll see how you and Aggie work this discussion out.

are you speaking as Elected speaker OF TNP RA or member of so called Prop ...?

I'm speaking as the elected Speaker of TNP's RA AND a member of the ProP, which is not an entirely congruent amalgamation of drones seeking to destroy the region (and is actually having a bit of an internal dispute currently - OMIGOD, THEY CAN ACTUALLY DISAGREE WITH EACH OTHER?). I speak as AMOM, in all my various identities. There is only one AMOM living in this head of mine, and I am thankful for that.

just a straight forward question which part of The governmental authorities of the region shall act only in the best interests of the Region, is irrelevant?

I wonder whether this was an act made with the best interests of the region in mind or whether it was made simply because you harbor a personal dislike for Grimalkin. Your superiors, who also supposedly have the best interests of the region in mind, have refuted it, yet you maintain your convictions. What is this really about?

Later...:
but what the conspiracy theories regarding Taijitu, Gatesville got to do with this he was referring to some thing totally irrelevant and it seems party politics has blurred his judgement

It's called sarcasm. The idea that you are attempting to claim that Aggie seeks to take over the region then connecting that goal to all members of this party is paranoid and absurd. Focus on the factual, not the implied ridiculous.

deny all you want but the truth is you knew about the rules about endorsement numbers and you decided to to increase your endorsement numbers regardless of being warned about it and now instead of apologizing and accepting your mistake accuse me of misuse of my power but it is you who have disregarded your RA membership vote and acted against interests of TNP

Maybe, but there are procedures in place and those procedures are there to protect citizens from abuse. You seem to be ignoring those standards in order to do whatever the hell you feel is best without the approval of the rest of Security Council all-the-while acting in their name.

First, let me try to translate your godawful English.

You're right, I did know about the endo rules. And I was within the legal endo limits when you began your campaign against me. I was below the VD's endos and I was below the 85% limit, so your statement is completely false.

Now, will I deny that after I was in bed my endos might have risen to dangerous levels? No, because it is certainly possible. But when the first warning came I was still within the legal limits, but you apparently didn't care about that.

So yes, I will continue this because you were abusing your authority and don't even have the decency to admit that you made a mistake.

I'll tell you what I'll do. If you make a public apology, and send TGs to those whom you did TG that you were wrong and that the Winter Sidhe isn't a threat to the region, I'll seriously consider dropping the recall request and the plans for a civil complaint with the court.

For future reference, Pasargad did consult with the Security Council, but a formal vote had not been held. The Security Council often does not vote formally. Unfortunately this time did not work out so well as Pasargad did not, in my opinion, wait for more consensus, nor did he follow the tradition of using polite and clear warnings.

Blue Wolf II:
Maybe, but there are procedures in place and those procedures are there to protect citizens from abuse. You seem to be ignoring those standards in order to do whatever the hell you feel is best without the approval of the rest of Security Council all-the-while acting in their name.
i strongly object to the language used by attorney general and let the records show that

Pasargad:
Blue Wolf II:
i strongly object to the language used by attorney general and let the records show that
What language? English?

(Quote posted with permission, from #tnp)

<Pasargad> SC not that important for me

He said this to me after I told him that I was giving him an out from all of this. Is anyone else concerned that a member of the Security Council doesn't actually care about being on it?

EDIT: In bold.

Pasargad:
Blue Wolf II:
I strongly support the language used by the Attorney General and let the record show that, because my opinion is very important.

Thank you.

Back