Delegate appointments

When I say I'm hands on just as I was when I served two terms as the elected Prime Minister under the last.Constitution, I mean just that. Just ask my three appointments about whether I.ve already sent them PMs and posted in threads with comments to them.

A lot of internal recruitment involves communications, so we'll start from that point. I have seen so many variations on that concept in TNP that it is hard to say right off what else would be.helpful.
Many of us are routinely endorsing all of the WA nations in TNP so that's one way. I'd also want to clean up some areas of the forums (old threads, outdated content) as a prelude before other things are tried. Suggestions are welcome, though, but volunteers are also welcome.

Govindia:
You may not like me, but please for once in youir life, act like a human being and show some respect and stop acting like a dick.
[me] puts on Mod Hat.

Warned. Saying someone is not "acting like a human being" and saying they are "acting like a dick" is not appropriate. Also seems to jibe with your stated disapproval of furries, and can easily be interpreted as dehumanization for that reason.

Don't do that.

The irony is, the more Gov is involved and active here, the less active and involved I want to be.. he was banned by a joint decision of the four members of the Peerage of Imperial Britain for hampering regional growth and activity (among other things). I'm sure he's about to yell at me for "not getting over it", but the fact remains that keeping Gov as one of the lynchpins for growing activity is not exactly supported by past history.

Oliver:
The irony is, the more Gov is involved and active here, the less active and involved I want to be.. he was banned by a joint decision of the four members of the Peerage of Imperial Britain for hampering regional growth and activity (among other things). I'm sure he's about to yell at me for "not getting over it", but the fact remains that keeping Gov as one of the lynchpins for growing activity is not exactly supported by past history.
Just a point for you to.consider, Oliver:
Govindia Has been here since 2007 based on the join dates shown in all users' posts. You only recently arrived, by the same measure.
I'm not able to judge what happened elsewhere at some other time. It's not relevant here.

Eluvatar:
Govindia:
You may not like me, but please for once in youir life, act like a human being and show some respect and stop acting like a dick.
Eluvatar puts on Mod Hat.

Warned. Saying someone is not "acting like a human being" and saying they are "acting like a dick" is not appropriate. Also seems to jibe with your stated disapproval of furries, and can easily be interpreted as dehumanization for that reason.

Don't do that.

[me] Puts ADMIN hat on.

The quoted statement from Govindia appears to predate the caution I gave to.everyone who had been posting with respect to Gov including him in the ” Progressive Party” threads. Since the behavior from the group there reached elsewhere in this forum, including here, I'm going to.reduce the warning to.a.caution, with the usame caveat I gave there's Discussions stemming from chats on IRC or elsewhere abour Govindia's or others behavior or language needs to got to PMs or should just ahould move on.

Any warnings to be issued need to follow established forum procedures in the moderators-only discussion area of the forum, and providing the problem.posts. If anyone any Pms are particularly abusive those get reported in the public moderation area and once noted, the PM can be forwarded.to A.Global Mod or Admin.

We do have established procedures, and they've been posted at these forums since we moved here in 2005. Read Tem and follow them people. If I have to.give a ” pop” quiz on those, then I will.

Takes ADMIN hat off.

Blue Wolf II:
Govindia Has been here since 2007 based on the join dates shown in all users' posts. You only recently arrived, by the same measure.

Wait, I thought you wanted *new* and active people, not old and active people :P

” Active” is the key word, whether old or news. And if we were to user ” new” BW, where would that pot you?

Grosseschnauzer:
Any warnings to be issued need to follow established forum procedures in the moderators-only discussion area of the forum, and providing the problem.posts. If anyone any Pms are particularly abusive those get reported in the public moderation area and once noted, the PM can be forwarded.to A.Global Mod or Admin.

We do have established procedures, and they've been posted at these forums since we moved here in 2005. Read Tem and follow them people. If I have to.give a ” pop” quiz on those, then I will.

Takes ADMIN hat off.
I followed the procedures.

Grosseschnauzer:
Oliver:
Just a point for you to.consider, Oliver:
I'm not able to judge what happened elsewhere at some other time. It's not relevant here.
Someone's past history isn't relevant when attempting to establish that there's a pattern of behaviour? What planet are you from and can I have some? I mean can I visit? :eyebrow:

It's not relevant because of the duality doctrine.

Players have personas, and how they act in place A is not a good guide as to place B. Some players have a common personal everywhere, but no one has established that, and without it behavior is not relevant.

Eluvatar:
Grosseschnauzer:

Takes ADMIN hat off.
Re-read the policies. Besides which your action waa on a post that pre-dated my decision last night, and that caution covered the quote you issued a warning about.

And note DD's comment in the otber thread.

Grosseschnauzer:
Eluvatar:
Grosseschnauzer:

Takes ADMIN hat off.
Re-read the policies. Besides which your action waa on a post that pre-dated my decision last night, and that caution covered the quote you issued a warning about.

The caution might possibly cover that, although it was given in a completely different thread. But I fail to see how I broke procedure.

I issued the warning, made a post in the thread in question, and created a thread in Moderation HQ explaining. I'm pretty sure that's the procedure!

Oliver:
A complete and false lie, since I was inactive during the period prior to revival, so I could not have hampered growth. Oliver and his friends couldn't learn to be mature and get along with someone who had more expereince in that region than he did so they basically used a scapegoat and violated the law and my due process rights to push me out of IB. Try again Oliver next time you know what actually "due process" and "innocent until proven guilty" is, you know, Western concepts called English Common Law standards.

Eluvatar:
Grosseschnauzer:
Eluvatar:
Grosseschnauzer:

Takes ADMIN hat off.

The caution might possibly cover that, although it was given in a completely different thread. But I fail to see how I broke procedure.

I issued the warning, made a post in the thread in question, and created a thread in Moderation HQ explaining. I'm pretty sure that's the procedure!
you failed to follow procedure because after he made that post neither myself nor anyone else involved said anything after to warrant a warning, and you failed to discipline your own party membership for ignoring your own rules on civil behaviour.

Govindia:
Oliver:
A complete and false lie, since I was inactive during the period prior to revival, so I could not have hampered growth. Oliver and his friends couldn't learn to be mature and get along with someone who had more expereince in that region than he did so they basically used a scapegoat and violated the law and my due process rights to push me out of IB. Try again Oliver next time you know what actually "due process" and "innocent until proven guilty" is, you know, Western concepts called English Common Law standards.
Nope, those were the reasons. Whether you agree with them or not, they were the reasons stated and the reasons for which you were banned. So when I say that that's why we banned you, that's not a lie. The decision was undertaken by the four administrators of the region together and was not disputed by any citizen of the region at the time of your banishment.

Duality is interesting, but the reasons for which he was banned from Imperial Britain are similar to reasons for which he was banned from a number of other places. So you can say "well, he's different here," but I've yet to see any evidence of it. Same old Gov.

Govindia:
Eluvatar:
Grosseschnauzer:
Eluvatar:
Grosseschnauzer:

Takes ADMIN hat off.

you failed to follow procedure because after he made that post neither myself nor anyone else involved said anything after to warrant a warning, and you failed to discipline your own party membership for ignoring your own rules on civil behaviour.
1. What may be said after a warnable post has no bearing. What does have bearing is the caution, but I was unaware that it applied to this thread as well.

2. What other people may or may not have said has no bearing on whether your post was a warnable offense. I will state that I saw no posts on this forum which were warnable except for yours. I may not have looked hard enough.

3. The party Chairman has no powers except as may be granted by party vote. I have no power to censure at this time. I can only tell people off. That I have done and continue to do. Even this, however, has no bearing on forum warnings.

Oliver:
Govindia:
Oliver:
Nope, those were the reasons. Whether you agree with them or not, they were the reasons stated and the reasons for which you were banned. So when I say that that's why we banned you, that's not a lie. The decision was undertaken by the four administrators of the region together and was not disputed by any citizen of the region at the time of your banishment.

Duality is interesting, but the reasons for which he was banned from Imperial Britain are similar to reasons for which he was banned from a number of other places. So you can say "well, he's different here," but I've yet to see any evidence of it. Same old Gov.
I said the reasoning behind it was false, I didn't deny those were the reasons given.

Someone who is inactive and only participating in spam threads while nothing is done otherwise isn't a hamper on any region's progress when there wasn't any activity to progress with, and I cannot legitimately be the blame for that because I was inactive as nearly anyone else, only active enough to keep my nation active that's it. You still do not know me well Oliver and you never have made an attempt to do so. Not my problem that you're close-minded.

1. What may be said after a warnable post has no bearing. What does have bearing is the caution, but I was unaware that it applied to this thread as well.

2. What other people may or may not have said has no bearing on whether your post was a warnable offense. I will state that I saw no posts on this forum which were warnable except for yours. I may not have looked hard enough.

3. The party Chairman has no powers except as may be granted by party vote. I have no power to censure at this time. I can only tell people off. That I have done and continue to do. Even this, however, has no bearing on forum warnings.

Perhaps then Elu, you should please read the posts first before administering a warning, and probably revise whatever charter you have on disciplining party members who are out of line.

I've been a party chairman before in other places, and we had a clear charter and structure, including clauses on how to deal with disrespectful party members.

Govindia:
Perhaps then Elu, you should please read the posts first before administering a warning, and probably revise whatever charter you have on disciplining party members who are out of line.

I've been a party chairman before in other places, and we had a clear charter and structure, including clauses on how to deal with disrespectful party members.
1. I read a great number of posts all around this forum. I don't recall any warnable posts from the recent time period besides yours.

2. The Party Charter is irrelevant to a discussion of forum administration.

3. Again, party policy toward party members is irrelevant in a discussion of forum moderation, particularly when it is policy on member activities outside of this forum.

Back