Request for clarification

Flemingovia

TNPer
-
-
The Defence of JAL requests clarification on two matters:

After the results of the October judicial election is announced, who will preside over the trial of JAL?

Blue wolf has asked to be considered as temporary hearing officer. He has also announced his candidacy as Attorney General. How could he serve as both?

I've rejected his application.

As for the election issue. I'm not entirely sure to be honest. I am not sure also about how objective all of the candidates may be towards the cases on the docket.

Hopefully there will be a chance to finish the current docket before the election ends, but this all depends on finding a third hearing officer.

Counsel, I am only trying to do my job here, as is Falconkats, given what resources we have to work with under the current scope of the law.

Given the speed of things so far, and the amount of defence evidence still left to hear, I have no expectation whatsoever that this case will be completed before the end of the election cycle

May i ask why a third hearing officer is necessary? Under TNP law a single justice can hear a criminal case.

Three justices are only needed in specific instances.

I understand the conditions you are operating under, and would state for the record that you, at least, have been consistently active in this case, which is appreciated.

flemingovia:
Given the speed of things so far, and the amount of defence evidence still left to hear, I have no expectation whatsoever that this case will be completed before the end of the election cycle

May i ask why a third hearing officer is necessary? Under TNP law a single justice can hear a criminal case.

Three justices are only needed in specific instances.

I understand the conditions you are operating under, and would state for the record that you, at least, have been consistently active in this case, which is appreciated.
Could you kindly please point out where only judge is needed to hear a case? I have been told that for all the cases that have been for judicial review or a trial, a three-judge panel is required.

The election of a new attorney general is irrelevant. The Law requires me to continue to handle the prosecution unless I am unable to.

Back