Temporary Hearing Officer Needed - URGENT

Govindia

TNPer
Per the following:
Rules of Judicial Administration

Rule 1. Appointment of Judicial Hearing Officers.

A - Whenever, due to conflict of interest, unavailability, or other cause, the Chief Justice (or the Associate Justice with greatest seniority in the case of vacancy, absence, or unavailablity of the Chief Justice) determines it appropriate, a hearing officer shall be promptly appointed to preside for a particular proceeding.
B - Whenever there are one or more vacancies on the Court, or one or more Justices are unavailable, have a conflict of interest, or other cause, that prevent the participation of the full number of Justices created under the Constitution or by law, the remaining Justice or Justices shall promptly appoint one or more hearing officers to participate in an en banc proceeding as temporary Justices.
C - Any hearing officer that is appointed under this Rule shall be a member of the Regional Assembly and shall not be serving as Delegate, Vice Delegate, any Cabinet officer, or as Speaker of the Regional Assembly, while serving as a judicial hearing officer.

There is a vacancy in the court. Until the election is over, we need a temporary replacement to replace Justice Topid who has gone inactive.

If there is anyone who is interested in assisting the court to help us until the election is over, please post here with your qualifications and we need to see you're unbiased and impartial.

This is urgent.

I am very unhappy with just asking for volunteers. Since this seems to operate rather like jury selection, will the defence and prosecution have right to challenge?

flemingovia:
I am very unhappy with just asking for volunteers. Since this seems to operate rather like jury selection, will the defence and prosecution have right to challenge?
To make things fair, yes.

I didn't want to randomly pick someone and then there's a protest over who I pick.

flemingovia:
To make things fair, yes.

I didn't want to randomly pick someone and then there's a protest over who I pick.

Defence, please explain your objections.

Do you or the Attorney General have any issues with Blue Wolf?

A mean old man:
What about Peterstan?
I sent him a PM asking if he'd be interested, haven't heard from him.

I was only asking flemingovia for his reasons why he objects. Nothing wrong with that.

Govindia:
A mean old man:
What about Peterstan?

I was only asking flemingovia for his reasons why he objects. Nothing wrong with that.
The defence believes that Grimalkin would not approach either my client or the TNP judicial process with objectivity.

flemingovia:
Govindia:
A mean old man:
What about Peterstan?

The defence believes that Grimalkin would not approach either my client or the TNP judicial process with objectivity.
I agree. Both Blue Wolf and Grimalkin are rejected.

Blue Wolf II:
So basically the reason was "eh, I don't trust you"?
I do not have the full faith and confidence that, in a serious manner, you can review and judge cases in a fair and impartial manner.

Not that I have been around much nor paying attention to this court case much, but with judicial elections currently under way, I don't see why this court case can't be postponed until the new justices are put into place.

I think this is much more efficient then trying to find someone to fill in for a short period of time.

These of course are just my two cents.

Vilnoia1:
Not that I have been around much nor paying attention to this court case much, but with judicial elections currently under way, I don't see why this court case can't be postponed until the new justices are put into place.

I think this is much more efficient then trying to find someone to fill in for a short period of time.

These of course are just my two cents.
The quicker cases can be reviewed and resolved, the easier the new court will have for their docket.

I don't see that this is a quicker case.... you all have only been arguing about this case for a while now. This just needs to be saved for the new docket and be handled by the new justices who ever they maybe so that it is fair for all.

Vilnoia1:
I don't see that this is a quicker case.... you all have only been arguing about this case for a while now. This just needs to be saved for the new docket and be handled by the new justices who ever they maybe so that it is fair for all.
The case slowed when one of our justices went inactive. Falconkats had been mainly observing with myself conducting most of the proceedings.

Back