Goodbye and goodnight

My term is over and it is time for me to give up the big chair. I'll wait a bit for things to be ironed out and made official but I won't wait indefinitely.

Thank you for allowing me to hold this office for 192 days (about 189 more than some expected). It was interesting and annoying and frustrating and fun. I apologize for not having the time and human resources to follow through with my early initiatives and promises. I know I should have done more.

I do, however, intend to remain in the Regional Assembly and to fight for changes in our system. I feel I will be more effective in that role when my self-interest is not in question and stepping on a few toes won't handcuff me elsewhere. We'll see.

And then the man he steps up to the microphone
and says at last just as the time bell rings:
"Thank you; goodnight; now it's time to go home,"
and he makes it fast with one more thing.
"We are the Sultans,
we are the Sultans of Swing."

I want to thank Blackshear for his two most recent terms of service to TNP as its elected Delegate. It was a pleasure to work with you as Vice Delegate. I am glad to hear you plan to remain active in the Regional Assembly, and I hope you will soon qualify to serve on the Security Council, where you vast experience will be valued.

With the end of these terms, history has been righted, as you have been one of our earliest Delegate (in a time before I was even around) as well as one of our most stable elected Delegates. Again, thank you Blackshear for your service to TNP!

A tad belated, Blackshear, but I do wish to thank you for your services to the region as Delegate, especially in filling in the rest of my last term. I was happy to have had you as V-Del then, as it gave me the peace of mind knowing that an experienced and qualified individual could quickly take the reigns.

Cheers, BS, and enjoy the rum in the Ex-Delegate lounge!

A bit late, but well done again. I think I can remember some of your earlier stints in the delegacy (I'm sure there was more than two but I can't remember).

Glad to hear you'll be sticking around.

Back