September 2011 General Election

The nomination period has closed and voting begins now.

Here are the nominees:

Delegate:
Grosseschnauzer
Felasia

Vice Delegate:
Pasargrad

Regional Assembly Speaker:

A Mean Old Man

Please post your ballot choice (Abstain is also a choice as well) either here in this thread or in a PM to me.

Voting will end on 21 Sept. 2011 at midnight. That means, by 23:59:59 PDT on 20 Sept., the votes should be in.

Thanks.

SECTION ONE. General Elections.:
3. The period for nominations or declarations of candidacy shall last for seven days.
4. Voting shall begin three days after the period for nominations or declarations has closed. Voting shall last for seven days.

Emphasis mine.

I do not have the ability to edit the posts on that account. And technically we're a bit behind schedule so that's why I started it.

So... is this actually...happening? Because nobody is voting. It ends in three days.
I mean, the starting date was fucked up, but we might as well just get on with it if we're going to do this.
I vote me for Speaker, obviously. I'll hold off on voting for the delegate for a bit; I'd like to see what the hell is going on.

EDIT: Oh, and in case Pasargad isn't officially removed thanks to inactivity and what-the-fuck-in-going-on-here, I vote against him. He can be appointed later. Let's try to keep a few things 100% legitimate.

It would also help if we were PM'd about the elections actually starting, or at least a message on the RMB.

I'd advise those that are eligible to vote. You may not get another chance for a while.

For the record, I'm abstaining.

You should at least vote for abstain.

It's really frustrating for me, without the vote, to watch people deliberately NOT voting.

Look, Blackshear, do you just want me to close this vote and hold a new one next week or just keep this going for longer?

Well, since it's better to be safe then sorry on this.

I vote for myself as Delegate, Abstain on Vice Delegate, and for A mean old man as Speakers.

Eluvatar:
You should at least vote for abstain.

It's really frustrating for me, without the vote, to watch people deliberately NOT voting.
Abstention acknowledges the legitimacy of the election, which people may have a problem with that.

I've already voted via PM.

A change in the ballot: Pasargad has resigned from the race, so there is no candidate for Vice Delegate of The North Pacific.

If it is also ok with Blackshear and others, I can extend the voting deadline to the 24th instead of the 21st.

As far as I can tell, this is the voting thread, so.....

Delegate:
Grosseschnauzer

Vice Delegate:
Pasargad

Regional Assembly Speaker:
A Mean Old Man

If by extension, you mean, let's vote for a Vice Delegate later, when more candidates are available. Yeah, that sounds like a fairer plan.

Eluvatar:
first post:
Edited by The Voting Booth, Sep 14 2011, 12:09 PM.

You say you can't edit its posts?
I edited the topic title, that's all I can do.

Just a reminder, that voting will end on 25 Sept. 2011 at midnight. That means, by 23:59:59 PDT on 24 Sept., the votes should be in.

Vote for who's on the ballot (Delegate and Speaker) or Abstain, not your own candidates.

Back