Ambassador Corps

Cakatoa

TNPer
Since I can't find out who is in charge of it, I might as well simply ask here.

When was the last time that TNP produced an Embassy update? Who is currently in charge of TNP's Foreign Affairs? And do I get a cookie if I volunteer to help with it?

Edit: It took me a little pottering about, but ti looks like the last time was March. And I think Vilnoia1 is in charge of it...it's not very clear...

Dalimbar established the State Council of The North Pacific to serve as his Cabinet (as according to a campaign promise of his), Vilnoia1 was the appointed Secretary of Communications on the State Council. [1]

Dalimbar resigned and his Vice Delegate, Blackshear41 took over the position as the acting delegate.

I would talk with Vilnoia1, as he is the head of the Communications office, about reinstituting updates. He was active on this forum at-least four days ago and his nation is here.

My understanding is that Blackshear have chosen to handle foreign affairs by himself including the accepting and rejecting of Embassy request, but left the writing of update to Vilnoia1.

Blackshear did request RA opinion when it comes to Embassy request.

We certainly do need to revisit how much flexibility the region wants concerning responsibilities and handling matters within the executive branch of government.

I'm not sure not having a Cabinet is better than having one. It's an issue we as a region need to address, and no matter how the current election turns out, it is an issue I hope to have addressed.

@Grossschnauzer: I've always enjoyed how every new delegate brings their own different way to run council and new faces, offices and positions. As NK (or Durk?) once said, TNP's executive council is like a new incarnation of 'Late Night'. I would defend the non-fixed cabinet positions as others have in the past, since it's something that sets TNP apart from the other feeders.

@Fel: There is no 'Foreign Affairs' department, only a communications office. Dali probably chose the name to unite the maintenance of our embassies with his newspaper project which never got off the ground (see his campaign thread).

So basically, nobody whose responsibility it was answered my question. Since nobody else wants to actually do something, but instead talk about doing something, I'll go write something up.

Blue Wolf II:
Anyone with power is basically useless when it comes to this topic at this particular point. The Ambassador Corps has been left to die.
And what are you doing other than complaining all the time?

Blue Wolf II:
Trying to provoke action and change. What are you doing?
No, you're just complaining instead of showing willingness to do anything productive in the region. I don't see you volunteering to take on the task of reorganising the updates, etc.

I don't see an organization for me to volunteer my time into, now do I? Beyond that, I can still bring up the quite valid point that the affairs of this region are very much out of order without having to answer to your demands. Is this how you try to suppress everyone whom you disagree with?

Help help, Blue Wolf's being repressed!

Seriously man. When Tresville blocked you from registering as a voter and Twoslit edited your posts, that was oppression. This? This is boisterous discourse.

Blue Wolf II:
I don't see an organization for me to volunteer my time into, now do I? Beyond that, I can still bring up the quite valid point that the affairs of this region are very much out of order without having to answer to your demands. Is this how you try to suppress everyone whom you disagree with?
No, but I figure that if people have a problem with a part of TNP's government or if there are not enough people to run the thing, then either someone steps up and helps to improve the situation or stops complaining if they can't contribute to improving it.

So either go it alone or let it die of neglect? Good argument there. Of course, you know, the people/person who ran for election on the premise that they would restore the Ambassador Corps could help too...

You're absolutely right, how silly of me to complain about how our elected officials failed to deliver on their election promises. What was I thinking? And I'd be happy to help Cakatoa, just give me till Wednesday.

Cakatoa, I plan to have the Diplomatic Corps revived, but we need to have someone to handle interregional/external affairs. Any suggestions? PM [me].

If you are inrested in being an ambassador, please contact Cakatoa who is now responsible for the day-to-day handling of the re-establishment of the Ambassador Corps.

Back