Membership List Idea

Topid

TNPer
[I hope I'm allowed to post here. Feel free to shoot if I'm tresspassing.]

I saw Uni's post about asking Fel to send telegrams before each election so that RA members are aware and come vote. I was thinking I'm sure it'd be frustrating to try to hunt down some of our main nations if their name is different than our forum name.

I was thinking it might be an idea worth considering to change the format of our membership list to contain ways to contact that nation, it would be a lot easier to manually contact them. Yes, it makes it more of a hassle to keep things up-to-date, but if it makes it easier to inform people of votes maybe that is worth it. (Up to you Fel.)

This is what I was thinking: (I included forum accounts because I'm not actually aware if the multi-PM function was fixed. If it was the links to forum accounts aren't of more use, but if that is still broken I'm thinking it might be easier to PM one by one if you have a list you can go down copy and pasting.)

Members of the Regional Assembly, Eligible for Speaker Pro Tempore

Moany Old Gits - May 15, 2010 Forum Profile | Main Nation
Pasargad - October 17, 2010 Forum Profile | Main Nation
IndieGirl - February 1, 2011 Forum Profile | Main Nation
Romanoffia - May 23, 2011 Forum Profile | Main Nation
Enif - May 27, 2011 Forum Profile | Main Nation
Nereus - June 11, 2011 Forum Profile | Main Nation
Maglonian Tribes - June 12, 2011 Forum Profile | Main Nation
Unibot - June 20, 2011 Forum Profile | Main Nation

Members of the Regional Assembly, Not Eligible for Speaker Pro Tempore

FALCONKATS (Chief Justice) - January 24, 2008 Forum Profile | Main Nation
Grosseschnauzer (Vice Delegate) - January 24, 2008 Forum Profile | Main Nation
Felasia (Speaker of the Regional Assembly) - September 28, 2010 Forum Profile | Main Nation
Blackshear (Delegate) - October 25, 2010 Forum Profile | Main Nation
Vilnoia1 (Communication Minister) - December 29, 2010 Forum Profile | Main Nation
Topid (Court Justice) - November 29, 2010 Forum Profile | Main Nation
Govindia (Court Justice) - March 27, 2011 Forum Profile | Nation? Nation? <--Can't find active nation, sorry.
Eluvatar (Attorney General) - June 5, 2011 Forum Profile | Main Nation

Designated Speaker Pro Tempore: Moany Old Gits

Total Members of the Regional Assembly: 16
30% Quorum: 4.8
Nearest Whole Number: 5
Just a suggestion, it might help. Also I cannot attest to the accuracy of most of those main nations, some of them may be puppets that they don't check too often...

BTW, if something comes up and you are busy like you were before that election Fel feel fee to TG me, I can always help out if needed. :)

Thanks!

I used the same basic principle to keep an organized list of all our embassies (URL links to the specific forum/thread the update needs to posted to) in order to speed up the updating process for my UCR when I was in charge of FA. It also made it easy to run down and open in tabs to check for comments in our embassy periodically.

I'm a fan of lists. ;)

Thanks Topi! Very useful. I think this sort of system encourages activity for our affairs, it's much harder to slip into inactivity if you have someone keeping you informed. I think keeping a regional government active is a balancing act between ensuring your participants care about the community and thus expecting your members to be active but also recognising that many of us are maintaining citizenship in three or four different places.

@Uni & Fel, thanks, no problem, it was easy.

@Gov yeah I got it off your application to the RA, I just wasn't sure since it had been several days inactive and the point of the list was to find a nation that you log into to be able to read telegrams.

I believe that was the idea behind the addition Elu made to each forum member's profile that allows you to add your NS nation.
It may need a little tweaking because the link did not take me to the NS nation page, but that could have been a bug that is fixable.

This is a great idea and will help keep those of our RA members such as myself who are often taking care of duties and positions in other areas of the world in the loop.

Back