Embassy of Taijitu

I would like to welcome the representatives of the region of Taijitu to their shiny new embassy. Please make the place your own.

I look forward to a long and fruitful relationship between our two regions.

Many thanks. As the newly appointed ambassador from Taijitu I look forward to a fruitful cultural and political exchange between our regions.

Please expect a regional update soon, and celebrate with us as Taijitu grows in a few short weeks to over 100 nations

New Year update
Warmest greetings TNP, I, letonna, the Head of the Ministry of External Affairs for Taijitu, have a update about our regional happenings, goals, and overall wellbeing. As this year ends, the Region of Taijitu has seen increasing changes, especially in the later part of the year.

Taijitu had a healthy growth in populace of nations in the later months of the year, due to in part of increased recruiting on part with members of our government. We still hold onto many of these members, but a very pressing issue is to not only increase our membership count in our Nation States region, but also on the forums, and in the Taijitian government.

The internal politics of the region remain stable and healthy. The Progressive Party still has majority of political influence with 8 political members. There has been a minor increase in independent politicians, as seen with the last elections in the region. All Incumbent members of government have been reelected as of the 26th of December elections.

Goals of the Ruling Progressive party for the future of Taijitu will include expansion of regional influence in a peaceful manner. This will include, but is not limited to, establishment of new ambassadors, new embassies, and new allies. Reorganization and overall strengthening the military is also a top agenda.
In conclusion, we seek to grow as a region of intellectuals, through recruiting and foreign relations. If you wish to contact us, our foreign diplomats, our Delegate Dyr Nasand, or me, Minister of External Affairs would be glad to communicate. We hope to strengthen out ties with you, and together, we can stride towards our goals

Sincerely:
Letonna, Minister of External Affairs, Taijitu.

Congratulation on your region growth! (or resurgence since I remember Taijitu when it is bigger)

We also used to have Progressive Party, although it had been inactive lately.

An Update!

The senate which was elected in December has had a few projects it has been working on with cooperation with other branches of government.
Enaction of a Criminal code and Election and Referendum Act have been the most sucessful. All Party agenda that have not been completed this term have been pushed to next terms agenda.

In the mean time, the Senate debated Delegate Directive 1, in which the Delegate formally split the Ministry of Defense into Ministries of War and Peace, for invasion and defense. Under the senate's Ministries Act, the Delegate is effectively empowered to make such changes as long as the Senate does not object, although the Senate is expected to eventually update the text of the law.

The Judiciary wrote a Taijitu Bar Exam, which has been remarked upon for its fiendish difficulty and general unfairness. :ph43r: It has been passed by Gulliver and Imzogelmo, who are now writing a second version of the Bar Exam for the Chief Justice, and persons who may have failed the first version, to take.

Now, elections are back! The Progressive Party held a primary and has nominated a very different slate this time, nominating only one incumbent, Senator Myroria. The party has nominated Gulliver for Delegate and Myroria, Dyr Nasad, and Cozuzul (in that order) for Senate. It's looking promising for the progressive party in a overwhelming victory.

Sincerely:
Letonna, Minister of External Affairs, Taijitu.

Greetings Friends!

I bid you a most prosperous and hurried arrival of springtime to come! I come to your forums today bearing an update from the Taijitu Government.

Our February term elections have ended. We not have a full ‘party’ government with The Commonwealth of Gullivania reigning as our current delegate. Full party senate has also taken stage, with speaker of the house Empire of all the Houses of Myroria ascending to said position.

As a new term unfolds, there are many plans amongst the members of the senate and the senators themselves. The Party for this term, as a continuation of its unaccomplished goals last term, will still have the revisement of the Due Process Act. New goals the senate will be working on will be, as always, the encouragement of our residents to become citizens or active government or bureaucratic members. As part of the expansion plan, we also plan to expand our foreign policy, mostly aiming to increase embassies.

Projects some individual senators have brought before the senate and party are an establishment of a regional anthem. This is still for the party and the senate to have talk about, but it’s a thought still in development.
This concludes the news approved for release by the Taijitu government; I wish you a wonderful upcoming spring.

Empire of Letonna, Minister of External Affairs, Taijitu.

Hello!

I am Cozulul and I am the newly appointed Minister of External Affairs of Taijitu!

I look forward to creating a long lasting and fruitful relationship between our two regions! I will also enjoy updating your region on our current events!

Thanks,
Cozulul

UPDATE!

CURRENT DELEGATE:
Gulliver/Towlie (ProP)

CURRENT SENATE:
Myroria (Speaker) (ProP)
Letonna (TLSP)
Mcmasterdonia (ProP)

CURRENT MINISTRY:
Eluvatar-Minister of Defense (ProP)
Cozulul-Minister of External Affairs (TLSP)
Funkadelia-Minister of Community (CRP)
Kor-Minister of Internal Affairs (INP)

POLITICAL PARTIES:
Progressive Party:(ProP)
256px-ProP_logo.png

Taijitu Liberal Statist Party:(TLSP)
256px-Tlsp.jpg

Taijitu Centre-Right Party:(CRP)
CRP-1.png

Taijitu Green Party: (TGP)
wr1cms.png

THE GREEN THUMB SOCIETY
The Greenthumb Society is an independent social organization designed to track and record voting records of senators on environmental issues. The GS is not a political party, and does not participate in politics or debate on public policy. It's primary goal is to inform the voters on issues ranging from environmentalism, conservationism and animal rights. It is the aim of the Greenthumb Society to improve regional awareness of environmental issues plaguing the region's shared nation, Taijitu Founder and to improve the protection, conservation and advancement of environmentally sound policies and practices.
1eunm9.png

TAIJITUAN SOCIETY MOVEMENT
An organization designed to challenge politicians into debating current events in the region.
taijituansocietymovemen.png

SENATE AND DELEGATE ELECTIONS:(July 2012)
Running for senate we have Letonna(TLSP), Cozulul(TLSP), Mcmasterdonia(ProP), Myroria(ProP).

Running for Delegate we have, Gulliver and Towlie (ProP), and Funkadelia (CRP) and Wast (ProP).

Results will be posted Sunday July 8th.

I think this forum needs an actually resized version of the TLSP logo. Perhaps one can get one from the wiki...

Fixed :)

Sorry for the late Update.

Current Delegate and Lieutenant Delegate: Funkadelia and Wast

Current Senate: Myroria(Speaker)(ProP), Mcmasterdonia (ProP), Letonna(TLSP)

Currently in Taijitu RP:

War seems eminent between The Empire of Letonna and The Kingdom of Southern Mcmasterdonia, while The Federal Republic of Cozulul stands its ground in defense to the north. Finally, across the sea, The Republic of Funkadelia has declared war on the Diamond Coast.

Update!

Current Delegate/Lieutenant Delegate:
Funkadelia (CRP)/Wast (PRoP)​

Current Senate:
Letonna (Speaker) (TLSP)
Myroria (PRoP)
Cozulul (TLSP)​

Current Ministry:
VACANT: Minister of Defense (N/A)
Eluvatar: Minister of Internal Affairs (PRoP)
Gulliver: Minister of Justice (PRoP)
VACANT: Minister of External Affairs (N/A)

Current Chief Justice:
Limitless Events (IND)​

Delegate Funkadelia (CRP) recently addressed the region about the future of Taijitu:​

Hello, my fellow Taijituans. I'd like to announce that today marks the day that Taijitu awakens from its slumber. For too long, we have watched this great region slide quicker and quicker into obscurity. Now, we will end that slide. We have watched as regions multiply exponentially into smaller and smaller regions, with no stability in any of them. Realizing this, I, as Delegate and acting Minister of Defense, have decided that Taijitu's armed forces will begin running missions of liberation as soon as possible. We will be liberating the the inhabitants of these regions from their corrupt and poorly founded administrations, and we will be protecting them with the might and stability of Taijitu. Together, with Taijitu as a guiding force, we will keep stability and purity in the world. I hope that you will all support me in this endeavor. Thank you.​

A special message from the Delegate:

Letter to McM:
rsz_delegateseal.png
Hello colleague Delegate,

I'm pleased to know all will be well with your delegacy and the World Assembly error is being fixed. Congratulations for overcoming this situation.
I can assure you Taijituans have never doubted your legitimacy for Delegate and that you were a victim of negligence. If The North Pacific will ever know true danger to it's sovereignty Taijitu will join arms in arms with our brothers and fight for rightful result. Thankfully all is well, people can have peace.

Your beloved colleague from Taijitu,
Delfos

At Funk's instigation, we have compiled an unofficial progress report for your perusal (free cookies enclosed)
Unofficial Progress Report:
120px-TaijituSeal.png

Unofficial Progress Report
Number of nations: 67
Number of WA members: 28
Delegate's endorsements: 20

It's a difficult time for Taijitu, but at the urging of The Former Taijitu Delegate of Funkadelia we are reaching out to the regions we still have relations with, to give an update on our rebuilding progress.

Taijitu hasn't had elections in six months, offices have been lacking activity and even the RMB has been fairly quiet.  It looked pretty much like a dead region. Nonetheless, Taijitu has received renewed interest, natives are showing signs of life, and Funkadelia has returned to get the region back on its feet.

Problems stem mainly from deadlock in the legal system and there has been debate this week about how to move forward.  We have a long way to go but here is where we are at:

Delegate: St Oz (de facto)
Lieutenant Delegate: Towlie (de facto)

Senator: Letonna (de facto)
Senator: Funkadelia (de facto)
Senator: New Delfos

Chief Justice: Eluvatar (de facto)

Judicial Removal Campaign
Lapeirousia has started a double letter campaign, calling upon the senate to use their power to remove Eluvatar as chief justice, and urging the delegate to nominate a new chief justice. So far these have 4 signatures and have gained the attention of St Oz. The hope behind this idea is that a new chief justice would officiate at the long overdue elections and break the deadlock.

Referendum on Senate Reform
Last year a referendum was called to admit new members to the senate without election.  Currently the Senate is elected by vote of the citizens every seven weeks, but this system has run into difficulties as the elections failed to take place for months.  Under the newly proposed system, any citizen can become a senator if they apply via the Ministry of Internal Affairs.  The vote on the referendum was scheduled for December but did not begin until two days ago, closing today.

Founder Revived
The Taijitu Founder nation sadly ceased to exist on 8th June, but yesterday reappeared in Balder and made its way back to Taijitu, much to our relief.  It is not yet known who is currently controlling it, but their return can only be a good sign.

Baren's Privateers
The time is Spring 1897, and the place is Searbrook, County Pelagis, Myroria.  To hear more about this, read it on the forum!

Thank you for reading!
Lapeirousia has written this unofficial progress report, hopefully the next one will be brought to you by a representative of our new government!
I leave you with a mind-blowing image from the Tomatoship:
mind-blowing.jpg
cookies.jpg

Emperor: McMasterdonia
Empress Consort: Funkadelia

Delegate: St Oz
Hand of the Emperor: Letonna

Minister for Propaganda: Delfos
Royal Fool: St Oz
Royal Pet: Eluvatar
Lord of Ships: Lapeirousia

Falling Population

The regional population continues to fall and there is no recruitment plan in place! hooray!

Letonna asks the pertinent questions of Speaker Delfos

Taijitu takes government accountability very seriously. Former Senator of Taijitu, Letonna has been hitting the current Speaker, Delfos hard with questions about a variety of topics.

Does Portugal have memes?
Do Portuguese go to Spain a lot?
is American food popular there?
Is euro pop popular there?
What are your hobbies Delfos?
do you put together miniature models?
Do you play any video games?
do you murder women of the night?

It is the hope of the Emperor that this new age of Government transparency will continue.

The Coup d'etat

His Supreme and Imperial Majesty, Emperor McMasterdonia (self-proclaimed) announced the overthrow of the government of Taijitu.

The Emperor offered little reasoning about why the coup was necessary but has won the vocal support of the populace. He has formed a new executive team to assist in taking the region down a new path. His first act was to appoint Lapeirousia as Lord of Ships with the intention of removing the racist name of the Taijitu White Army and replacing it with something more multicultural.

The Royal Fool, St Oz is currently serving as Delegate of the region and has been very compliant with the Emperor's demands.

Constitution still supreme, impossible to change

The ridiculously Eluvataran constitution continues to hold the region hostage. The Constitution is impossible to change due to strict quota requirements for referendums. The last few referendums have failed due to this requirement and the region has decided enough is enough and everyone has unanimously agreed to overthrow the government.

Founder finds new hobby: ceasing to exist

The Taijituan flag still waves over the Free Land of Taijitu Founder today, but is that taken for granted? If you had looked up at the founder spot in late September you wouldn't see the flag at all, but ghastly void where the founder should be. Anything could have happened! The founder was dead for two weeks, and this isn't an isolated occurrence, the founder was also dead for 3 weeks from the end of July to the middle of August. In fact, of the last 100 days, Taijitu founder has spent more than half as much time out of the gameworld as in it. The foundership is under joint control of four Taijituan nations, three of which are Eluvatar, Gulliver, and Red Kagran. The each instance of apocalypse and resurrection tends to occur on either a Saturday afternoon a Sunday night, in what appears to be a repeating cycle.

~The Empire of Taijitu

Curiously the one in TNP is Taijitu's smallest embassy, it's structured as a single thread. There is room for expansion as the TNP government have allocated a whole subforum, but we haven't got around to working on that yet.

An update from Taijitu will follow momentarily.

Breaking news from Taijitu!
Delegate Eddies Closes Embassies with Osiris
Delegate Eddies has arbitrarily closed Taijitu's in-game embassy with Osiris and has refused to explain why. Citizens of the Kingdom of Taijitu were up in arms at the royal fool and demanded to know why. So far there has been no explanation. Probably because the Delegate is a cat.

Recruiting news

lol

Chief Justice: WHO WILL IT BE

Nobody in Taijitu has any idea who to appoint chief justice. Some say Eluvatar??? But nobody is really happy with a turtle as the Chief Justice. He would simply be too slow to answer legal reviews and yet, quick to disappear.

McMasterdonia's name was also mentioned for consideration. It was decided that serving as King-Regent of Taijitu and Chief Justice would be abuse of power.

Royal Consort Funkadelia has condemned the move telling the region to hurry up and pick a Chief Justice before it is too late!

A new and totally legitimate constitution!
Everyone decided that the Empire was a dumb idea.

We decided to go with a less dumb idea and make Gulliver (our cte'd former Delegate, King for life!)

McMasterdonia:
In the name of King Gulliver, the first of his name, King of Taijitu and the first men, Lord of the seven kingdoms of Taijitu and protector of the realm, I hereby dissolve the Empire of Taijitu and form the Kingdom of Taijitu.

We will await the return of the King, King Gulliver of Taijitu. Until then I will serve as regent of the realm and exercise all of his duties until he is fit to do so.

I hereby dissolve all laws and the constitution. I will enact a new constitution and allow the senate to legislate on laws as it sees fit.

Preamble;

The King Regent does hereby proclaim this constitution as the highest law over all other laws in the Kingdom of Taijitu and all holdings of the Kingdom, to stand as the bastion of government in the Kingdom and to uphold the functions of the Kingdom. We the Aristocracy and citizens of the Kingdom of Taijitu, give thanks for the liberty which fate hath so long permitted us to enjoy, we establish the first constitution of The Kingdom to grant these liberties to future generations. In Order to form a more perfect Realm, establish Justice, provide for the common defence, to promote the general Welfare and tranquility of the realm, do ordain and establish the Constitution for the Kingdom of Taijitu. Be it therefore enacted and declared by the King Regents most Excellent and Royal Majesty, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Citizens of the Realm and by the Authority of the same, as follows:

Article I The King
A) All powers and authority extended to King Gulliver I of Taijitu shall be extended to his heirs and successors for all eternity, unless otherwise dictated by this constitution and royal decrees of the King.
B) Any and/or all powers, rights and authority wielded by the King of Taijitu may be delegated to a public official to act in his name in order to govern the Kingdom. At the time of the ratification of this document all powers are extended to King Regent McMasterdonia until the return of King Gulliver.
C) The King shall be recognised as the supreme constitutional, executive, judicial and legislative power in the Kingdom of Taijitu, for the purposes of this document.
D) The Queen and/or Crown Prince shall wield all power of The King of Taijitu in any time when The King is incapacitated or unable to attend to such duties or has decreed that the Queen or Crown Prince may act as the Regent of the Kingdom of Taijitu
E) Any imperial decree by The King of Taijitu shall hold precedence over this constitution or any law of the legislative body.
F) The King and Queen as supreme heads of the judiciary are immune from prosecution.

Article II Executive Powers
A) The reigning monarch shall be the constitutional Head of State and Head of Government of the Kingdom of Taijitu.
B) The King shall hold the authority to eject and ban nations from the region as necessary for the preservation of regional security.
C) The King shall hold the right to at any time dismiss any government official, and/or appointment any government official.
D) The King may refuse to grant Imperial Assent to legislation passed by the Senate.
E) The King shall be enabled to delegate executive powers to any citizen of the Kingdom of Taijitu, in order to assure the smooth operation of government.

Article III The Legislature
Section I: General Provisions
A) Legislation must begin in the Senate before proceeding to the monarch for assent.
B) For legislation to be made law, it must pass the senate, and receive Imperial Assent from The King.

Section II: The Senate
A) The Senate shall be the only house of the legislative body of the Kingdom of Taijitu.
B) The requirements for membership of The Senate shall be determined by the statutes of law.
C) The Senate may appoint a Speaker by a majority vote, who shall carry out the operations of Senate  and assure the swift progress of bills.
D) The Speaker shall determine the rules and procedure for the Senate.
E) Legislation may pass the Senate by a majority vote of votes cast.

Article IV The Judiciary
Section I: The Court of the Kingdom of Taijitu
A) The Court of the Kingdom of Taijitu shall be the lower court of the Judicary of The Kingdom of Taijitu.
B) All criminal and civil prosecutions shall commence in this court.
C) The Court shall be under the administration of a Chief Justice as appointed by The King.
D) The Chief Justice will administer the rules of the Court. Where no rules exist, the Chief Justice may use their discretion.
E) The official opinion of the Court in any trial or review will be binding on all Government bodies and officials, providing there is no appeal.
F) Court proceedings shall last no longer than 14 days.
G) All citizens of the Kingdom shall hold the right to file a criminal or civil case with the Court, provided that the Chief Justice find that it warrants a court case.

Section II: Appeals
A) Citizens may appeal a decision made by the Court to an extraordinary session of the Senate that will be presided over by the King.
B) A majority vote of the Senate shall determine if the appeal is legitimate, and if it shall be heard.
C) Appeals shall last no longer than 7 days.
D) The Senate will determine by a majority vote whether to uphold the decision of The Court or to provide a new sentence or to dismiss a verdict or charge.
E) The King may commute a sentence or pardon a convicted criminal as provided by the law.

Article V Rights
A) All citizens of the Kingdom of Taijitu shall hold the following unalienable rights;
(1) The right to freedom of religion; no Nation shall be persecuted or prosecuted for their choice of religion or lack thereof.
(2) The right to freedom of speech; no Nation shall be persecuted or prosecuted for expressing political opinion and/or any other form of opinion through .
(3) The right to sovereignty; each Nation has the right of self-determination in that Nation's domestic policies, including, but not limited to, issue selection and WA membership.
(4) The right to justice; No Nation shall be held to answer for a crime in a manner not prescribed by the Constitution or the Legal Code. No Nation shall be subjected to being twice put in jeopardy for the same offense.
5) The right to a trial; All nations shall be entitled to have a fair, impartial, and public trial before a neutral and impartial judicial officer. In any criminal proceeding, a Nation is presumed innocent unless guilt is proven to the fact finder by reasonably certain evidence.

Article VI Amendments

A) This document may be amended by a 2/3rds vote of the Senate.
B) Amendments will come into force provided assent is granted by The King.

Article VII Suspension and Emergency Provisions
A) The King may order for the suspension of the constitution by calling a state of emergency.
B) The King must inform both the Senate and the citizens of the realm of the state of emergency, and provide reasoning for its occurrence.
C) A state of emergency may last for no longer than 30 days, after which the constitution must be restored as the supreme law.
D) A unanimous vote of the Senate shall overrule any state of emergency.
Old Farts reunite on IRC
Of Crazed, Eluvatar and Wast all got together on IRC today after a long time apart. The three of them complained loudly about how the good old days are now behind the region and nationstates as a whole. If you feel like participating in this discussion, please visit our chat room #taijitu on irc.esper.net.

Thanks for reading!​

Heloooooooooo TNP!

Taijitu is Back with a (as you know) restored and secure founder, and a functioning, stable, and secure government!

The last 48 hours have been non stop work on the part of the Taijitu Nationalist Alliance as we assess, diagnose, and treat our regions current challenges at a blistering pace.

A new constitution is in the works, first draft completed and now being tweaked,

Your embassy is already set up, and we look forward to continuing a mutually beneficial relationship while we continue to clean house, and make our great region what it should rightfully be.

I look forward to gaining a fuller understanding of your concepts of "clean house" and "purge the bureaucracy"

Thank you for the heads up.

I am now the Citizen-Diplomat of Taijitu, I will be posting the regions September update shortly. Sorry about the lack of activity over the past few months.

Back