Elections

Vilnoia1

TNPer
If someone with a little more skill about writing laws and admendments could help me out on this one I would greatly appriciate it...

I would like to admend TNP Law 26 to add something like this into the election procedures:

If you nominate yourself, you will automatically be placed on the election ballot. If you are nominated by another individual, your nomination must also be seconded by another member of the Regional Assembly and you yourself must also confirm your nomination before being placed on the ballot, preceding the close of the nomination period.

Of course I would like it if someone like Fel or GS would help me do this. Because I do not think that is fair either to the Government of TNP if we elect the Nominee who has not been active and just shows up one day to find out they are elected to a posistion and the didn't even want the job. And that person end up resigning or dropping off the face of the earth.

Nor do I think it is fair for a canidate to be presured into an election without being asked if they want to run.

Therefore I would like to see something about accepting nomination put into the laws so we do not have controversy over this again.

Thanks so much!

A suggestion since I see no need for a second as well.

An amendment to TNP LAW 26

“Candidates” are those individual members of the Assembly who either declare themselves, or who have accepted a nomination by other Assembly member, as a candidate for an office or position to be chosen at that election. Candidates may only stand for one office or position during a given Election Cycle.

"By other Assembly member" needs to be either "by another Assembly member," or "by other Assembly members." I can't tell which one Felasia is suggesting in his draft, but either one or the other is necessary for grammar and syntax.

An amendment to TNP LAW 26

“Candidates” are those individual members of the Assembly who either declare themselves, or who have accepted a nomination by another Assembly member, as a candidate for an office or position to be chosen at that election. Candidates may only stand for one office or position during a given Election Cycle.

I don't know if this should be added or if it is just assumed, but

“Candidates” are those individual members of the Assembly who either declare themselves, or who have accepted a nomination by another Assembly member preceding the close of nominations, as a candidate for an office or position to be chosen at that election. Candidates may only stand for one office or position during a given Election Cycle.

unibot, self nominations are permitted, so a second is merely an expression of support.

A second to a motion is typical for procedural issues to show there is support for that motion and can go to a procedural vote if there's an objection.

Grosseschnauzer:
A second to a motion is typical for procedural issues to show there is support for that motion and can go to a procedural vote if there's an objection.
I'm absolutely aware of this -- just being a smart aleck, don't mind me. :noangel:

I'm a little confused. If someone nominated themselves, then they are automatically running, but if someone else nominates them, then an RA Member must also support that nomination?

That just seems a bit odd to me.

Ah, good. I noticed that but was not sure whether the quote in the original post was still the final draft of the edits. I am in favor of this change and will further support the motion to move to FD.

Back