Proposed by Grosseschnauzer

Sponsored by Blackshear and Enif

Link to Preliminary Discussion

Proposed law on RA membership

A Law on Regional Assembly Membership Integrity
Amending Section 1 of Article II of Law 28
I.
Said section 1 is amended by adding a new clause 5, as follows:
"5. No one shall be admitted or re-admitted to the Assembly when a vote is in progress on any legislative matter within the Assembly. Admission shall be effective at the conclusion of such voting."
II.
Said section 1 is further amended by adding a new clause 6, as follows:
"6. No one shall be admitted or re-admitted to the Assembly when an election or special election is in progress. Admission shall be effective once the election results are announced."

I suspect there'll be little formal debate, but I'll wait until the weekend before moving for a vote, since many people have a holiday to observe in real life, and of course under Law 23, July 7th is Constitution Day in TNP.

To make clear exactly when a delayed admission or re-admission to the R.A. becomes effective. And it allows forum admins to proceed with re-masking at that time.

Grosseschnauzer:
To make clear exactly when a delayed admission or re-admission to the R.A. becomes effective. And it allows forum admins to proceed with re-masking at that time.
But it first says there shall be no admission during those periods. It makes no mention of delayed admission.

An admission (to the R.A.) that was delayed by either provision due to voting or elections is syntactically the same as a "delayed admission."

The context with the first sentence I think would make that absolutely clear as a bell.

Back