[Complete]SECURITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION: Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"[Archived]

Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"

Description: WA Security Council Resolution #18: Commend Sedgistan shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The Security Council,

REMEMBERING the past work done by Sedgistan as defender, working to protect the rights of natives to control their own regions,

UNDERSTANDING that nations can change drastically over time.

ACKNOWLEDGING with sadness Sedgistan's invasion of The South Pacific using the puppet nation Devonitians,

OBSERVING the support granted to Sedgistan for this invasion activity by invader groups,

SHOCKED by Sedgistan's betrayal of the trust of friends and allies which Sedgistan once earned as a defender,

HORRIFIED by the destructiveness of Sedgistan's rule over The South Pacific, during which Sedgistan suppressed free speech to silence opposition from nations native to The South pacific, closed down legitimate embassies, and removed all references to the regional forum in an attempt to deny nations within the region easy access to said forum,

BELIEVING that any nation which undermines the sovereign rights of natives in such a hostile, brutal, and destructive manner which contradicts the values it was previously commended for no longer deserves the honor of retaining a World Assembly commendation,

Hereby repeals the Commendation of Sedgistan.

Voting Ends: in 3 days 1 hour (at the time of this posting).

FOR

I don't feel as strongly about this resolution as about the previous one, but I think it's in TNP's interest to oppose undemocratic trophyization of Feeders wherever and whenever it happens.

Against, I think his past accomplishment far outweight his one brief laspe of judgement. He had defended more then any defenders and contribute to NS more then most peoples on both the official forum and on gameplayer forum.

REMEMBERING the past work done by Sedgistan as defender, working to protect the rights of natives to control their own regions,

He defended a lot of feeders and have only "invaded" (by some defenition which I do not agree with) one.

UNDERSTANDING that nations can change drastically over time.

Yes, he is surely evil and all that right now. Probably also eat puppy for breakfast.

ACKNOWLEDGING with sadness Sedgistan's invasion of The South Pacific using the puppet nation Devonitians,

Again, the use of the word invasion when the coup was done initially with only native support.

OBSERVING the support granted to Sedgistan for this invasion activity by invader groups,

Evidence? All I see is a claim, it would be nice to have organization or region name so that we know that this "invader" actually existed.

SHOCKED by Sedgistan's betrayal of the trust of friends and allies which Sedgistan once earned as a defender,

This make ma laugh.

HORRIFIED by the destructiveness of Sedgistan's rule over The South Pacific, during which Sedgistan suppressed free speech to silence opposition from nations native to The South pacific, closed down legitimate embassies, and removed all references to the regional forum in an attempt to deny nations within the region easy access to said forum,

All of which is true, but wouldn't considered this destructive by any mean. Comparing to many coup in the past, I would said this is very light as he fully intent to restored democracy and activity.

BELIEVING that any nation which undermines the sovereign rights of natives in such a hostile, brutal, and destructive manner which contradicts the values it was previously commended for no longer deserves the honor of retaining a World Assembly commendation,

Again, the use of word hostile, brutal, and destructive are quite over the top. This resolution aims to smear Sedge as invader when his intention was not to conquered.

I don't see how suppression and ejections are consistent with intending democracy.

I think that when you hold an 'election' but remove candidates you disapprove of, it takes on certain attributes of conquest.

I don't see how suppression and ejections are consistent with intending democracy.

From my memory (which doesn't include every single seconds of the event so I could be wrong), an ejection was done on outside force moving in to endorse SouthernBellz and suppression was conducted on those who start a smear campaign against the Delegate. It's the matter of security for the new regime, not a suppression of democracy.

I think that when you hold an 'election' but remove candidates you disapprove of, it takes on certain attributes of conquest.

From my understanding, the candidates that is removed was working for the delegate who was inactive to restored herself to power. Also, SouthernBellz did the same herself after she is returned to power by threatening to eject nation that surpass 50% which is needed to run for delegate. (Again, I might be wrong, but I am fairly sure I got this one right)

From the look of it though, it look like it's going to pass regardless of how we vote.

My thinking is that the commendation for past acts that were seen as commendable is a separate issue from the sponsor's obvious intent to condemn Sedge's more recent conduct.

A proposal to simply condemn for the more recent conduct would have been far more appropriate.

I don't know what the mind set is to the submission of technically flawed proposals in the Security Council, but this is the second one this month that is seriously flawed.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back