RE: UK Embassy Request

I saw the discussion of review and I wanted to make a few comments. First off, I was a little surprised to see the "What can they do for us" comment. I'm the head of the Government in UK, and as part of my job I'm looking to bring better relations to regions across NS. I've been going to many regions in the past few days to get a feel of them, and then I pick the ones that I like, the ones I think will be good for UK, and the ones that I think could have good future relations with UK and I ask them for an Embassy. Relations develop over stages, this is the first stage, possible alliances and the like are further down the road.

I get that you people don't know my region and because of that you are unsure of it. To solve that I would invite anyone and everyone to come visit UK, to see for yourself what sort of region we are. We are a smart, resilient people. We like a good debate, and we never quit when we get a notion in our heads.

http://s4.zetaboards.com/United_Kingdom_NS/index/ - This is the link to our forum is you wish to visit and decide for yourself what kind of people we are.

Yours,
South Boston Irishmen
Prime Minister- UK

(God bless Prince William and his new bride, Kate)

Hey South Boston Irishmen, I completely agreed with you on the issue of gradually building relationship and look forward to doing that with TUK.

In the mean time, have some of our finest rum.

I appreciate the extra effort you've put into fostering relations between our regions. I hope members of our region take you up on your invitation.

Our foreign relations have taken a somewhat unexpected turn as of late. I'll take a fair share of the blame for that. I'm hoping to change that in the near future.

Just a note to add, there is a UK and there is a TUK. We are UK, and we aren't really friends with TUK :P

And thank you to you both, it is my deepest hope that our regions can become good friends.

EDIT: And I wasn't offended by anything said either, I just felt an additional post may help clear some things up.

Oh, I was at TUK before as Ambassador to the region.... so at first I assumed it's the same region. I might have to take you up on that offer of visiting your region then.

We are currently in the middle of general election so it would be in a few weeks before the new government can give you a response. I would like to apologize for this inconvenience. :(

"What can they do for us"

that sounded like something I would say since I always like to be obnoxious :P so I'm appologizing for that if it did came from me. I do not want any regions to be discouraged by words from the members of TNP to form an embassy with TNP. Glad that you weren't, and you actually come forward and offer an opportunity for us to visit your region's forum.

Thumbs up!

Unless you recently changed your avatar it wasn't you. :P

I'm disappointing that this couldn't be handled quicker, but it is what it is. I'll keep checking on here everyday if anyone needs me for anything, and if anyone does decide to visit our region's forum, you'll be masked right away as a foreign ambassador so you'll see the majority of the forum.

I'm not sure why it is taking so long. I wonder when a General Election is going on, like in the nomination stage, why the authorities in TNP can't do anything like meeting the end of this deal?

OT: Are everyone in the office lose their authority until the election has concluded? Then shouldn't someone be in charge during the General Election?

It's generally frowned upon to making decisions during the election process as the new government may want to take an entirely new direction. I could approve this and have my successor shut it down just days later. That's not really fair to anyone involved in the process.

I'm sure the answer hasn't changed at all, but has there been any progress? I ask because I'm thinking about just giving up hope with having relations with this region. It's been over a month since the request was first made, and elections or not, no request should take over a month.

ah, please accept our appologies on making your region in wait for this for over a month. I believe B will look onto this matter as soon as he reads this.

and uh, fellow TNPers, the election is over for over a week already, stop the celebration and take some times to look at this. you guys really needed an oppressor :P

Once again, I'm very sorry for the delay. Currently I am pushing the Regional Assembly to review your application as soon as possible, but we still needs the delegate to make the decision. Blackshear is a bit busy with RL at the moment, but I'm sure he will make decision as quickly as he can.

Back