Archieve

I won't quote..merely paraphrase an idea in my own words that happens to be highly influenced by her?

"people voluntarilly work there"?

Am I the minority in think that most people hate their jobs, feel like it crushes their souls but do it because if we don't we have the freedom to starve? Of course not all people hate their jobs but given the multimillion dollar settlements that WalMart has paid for labour abuses, some might say different.

YAY! Minimum wage, unscheduled overtime without extra pay, poor health coverage, and sexual harrassment! YAY!

Democratic Donkeys, you refute your own last point.  You say that Wal-Mart sets artificially low prices to destroy competition.  How does this destroy competition?  People choose the artificially low prices.  They ARE voting with their wallets...

Of course a person is going to choose the better deal, wal-mart knows this and sets its price accordingly, usually significantly lower than any other business in the area. Since these people begin to shop at Wal-Mart due to price manipulation, they aren't shopping at other stores, and those go out of business because they cannot afford the profit losses a Corporation of Wal-Mart's size can. There is competitive pricing, then there is pricing meant to sink any business in the area. Wal-Mart chooses to use the latter.

And where on Earth did you find that statistic about people being ten times happier if they shop at specialty stores?  What was determined as happiness?  Where was this poll conducted? 

I heard that research referenced a few years ago in a lecture by Bill McKibben. And not "specialty stores", farmer's markets. As for "happiness", i'm guessing "On a scale of 1-10 how happy are you?" or something of that nature. I think these polls were conducted in farmer's markets and supermarkets.

Self-interest, as Ayn Rand so eloquently and forcefully defends, is a better motivating factor than any other.  It takes far too long to explain that, but in essence, you need to re-evaluate your premise that says selfishness = bad.

We are a social animal. In times before surpluses and socio-economic stratification (intensive agriculture) humans roamed the earth in social groups of up to 150, and lived by the concept of reciprocity. A nice concept wherein people acted in the best interest of the group, and then to themselves. They acted this way because they were all interrelated (hence small social groups) and they wanted their family and, by extension, their genes to survive. That system does not work any more because of the population of the planet now (also thanks to intensive agriculture). I can however draw a modern parallel to this concept with the idea that a parent would most certainly act in the best interest of their child first, and themselves second. Unless of course they were an objectivist, in that case I suppose they would throw their baby into the maw of a lion in order to buy time to run away.

Please also explain how the middle class is living outside of its means by choosing lower prices...  And while you're at it, I'd point out that we are not, in fact, hyperindividualized.  At least as regards politics.

How about credit card debt? How many middle class people have that? I'd say spending money you don't have is living beyond your means. They are compelled to live outside their means, and it is easy to do so with the low prices offered by Wal-mart because of their business practices.

Finally, how can we dream to live better but desire less?  If you claim something along the lines of me needing to seek spiritual as compared to material benefits, I'll fish slap you...  ;)

I never said anything about living better but desiring less. That does seem kind of odd to me that you would insinuate that we cannot possibly live better while desiring less. I certainly don't judge the way I live by the stuff I have accumulated. All it takes is an attitude change, then rampant consumption and its mechanisms, of which wal-mart is one, would be unnecessary.

I agree with this bolded part. But how do we fix this problem?

I wish I knew the answer to that. All I could hypothesize would be a drastic reduction of population size.

Rykkland, I don't necessarily disagree. But I definitely will say that material gains often lead to psychological gains. I am always able to be quite content, and have been through a very good deal. Nonetheless, I do not find it fair to say that we should consume less just to satisfy the desires of others..

Mr. Sniffles, why do you choose to work? Because it is better than your next best option. As such, you seek to clander against those who provide you with what you yourself consider the best option available to you. For shame.

Democratic Donkeys, people shop at Wal-Mart due to price manipulation? Manipulation? *chortles* They are still making a choice. You cannot evade that fact. Whether or not Wal-Mart actively attempts to out price its competitors, people's choice shouldn't be discarded. Finally, are you trying to say that those smaller stores aren't doing all they can to get Wal-Mart out of business?

And as for your poll, I can just laugh. Are farmer's markets more or less expensive? If they are more expensive, then the people shopping there are probably richer, and that may contribute to their happiness. If they are cheaper, than in these areas, those farmer's markets are indeed competing very well, and will stay in business. As such, the best (as judged by the consumer, who votes every day, as compared to every four years) are kept.

Humans can be social and selfish. One should no feel as though one is sacrificing something to be in a group. Indeed, to voluntarily be in a group implies choice and selfishness. Why did one join the group? To get less for oneself or to only help the others?

Do you know why parents act in the best interests of their child first? And why, therefore, Objectivist parents will as well?

Finally, yes, I have heard of credit card debt... I don't see how shopping at Wal-Mart as compared to more expensive specialty stores helps augment this debt... Either way, if you feel that this is the biggest social problem, why not ban debt instead of businesses that offer low prices (not that I remotely support banning either, mind you...)?

Rampant consumption is not evil. Get over that. I also concede that the way I formulated my sentence about material desires implied something different than what I meant. Essentially, yes, material wealth does help happiness. No, it isn't all that helps happiness, but why take away one of many tools that we usually employ to be happy?

"Farewell NationStates, I hardly knew ya."

With a quick change of the World Factbook Entry early this morning, perhaps the greatest purge in Nationstates history was underway. At the time of this writing, over 1700 nations had been expelled to the Rejected Realms over the course of several hours.

Pierconium's rise to the delegacy was not met without questions and gossip. After taking over a week to swap endorsements with the UN nations of the Pacific, many were left with the impression that a permanent change of delegate was in store. Ivan Moldavi had no such intentions, however. With the influence level of Auxillery, the nation of Pierconium ascended to the delegacy with one goal in mind: to go out with a bang. And a bang it was.

In perhaps a sign of the times, players throughout the game rallied behind the purge. In the hours prior to the previous night's update, nations poured in from Gatesville, the North and West Pacifics, and elsewhere eager to endorse the newly-elected delegate and see one of the game's biggest spectacles in recent memory. With all this excitement, one wonders what will become of the Pacific once the purge is complete?

One thing is for certain: Behold, Ivan cometh.

***This article was written by Lord Commissioner General and North Pacific Wire Director John Ashcroft Land and may not be disseminated without his expressed written consent.***

The Russian Winter Begins.

NCWA_Q00473.preview.jpeg

Gatesville troops prepare to sit it out.​

For the third time, Gatesville troops have bedded down in The North Pacific in support of a Rogue delegate. In support of Dalimbar and Emperor Matthuis, the Gatesville enthusiasm faded very quickly, and both coup attempts failed. This time, Gatesville sources say that they are in for the long haul.

But how long? Lewis and Clark (better known to most as Westwind) has gone Rogue early in his delegacy, and his influence level is only at Minnow. Hovering beneath him are a number of loyal TNP natives who have both high endocounts and very high influence. In response to the current crisis their endorsement levels are rising, and Lewis and Clark cannot ban any of them, let alone all of them.

Experienced players who understand Influence (and I do not count myself amongst them) have done the math, and concluded that it will be months before Lewis and Clark can remove all these threats to his position.
mussolini.jpg

Gates rallies his troops: “don’t worry, lads, it will all be over by Chrsitmas.
That is only 323 days away​

So Lewis and Clark will need Gatesville support well into the Summer, or perhaps even (according to one influence-watcher) into the Fall. The question is, will Gatesville be willing to commit their militia to one cause for so long? Their words say yes, experience says no. The loyalty of Gatesville troops is well known, but the loyalty of anyone would be tested by a long occupation. Nobody likes to be bogged down for months.

So now we have two structures in TNP. The old government, which is styling itself “the government in waiting” since they believe that the end of this rogue delegacy is only a matter of time, and the new government of Lewis and Clark who must be hoping that Gatesville shows more tenacity this time than the last two times.

This conflict in TNP is very like previous ones in some respects. But whereas conflicts early in Nationstates were decided by swift strikes and blitzkrieg moves, this one will largely be determined by two factors: influence and patience.

Welcome to the Russian winter, Gatesville.

~ Flemingovia

*puts his Taiji-parka on and hangs the samovar over the fire to warm up some tea while packing and lighting up his pipe* However long it will take, it surely will be interesting to watch.

Westwind Urges Nationstates: PLEASE, PLEASE get Nekkid for me!

In a finely crafted but poorly edited press release distributed throughout Nationstates recently, Westwind, also known as the Crimson King, inadvertently urged the NS community to remove all their clothing.

“please bare with us” he pleaded.

Naturally, his own few followers, who are not noted for their critical faculties, were the first to respond. Having pledged loyalty to him, his government ministers immediately removed all their clothing, with the exception of one former deputy minister, who refused to remove his underpants, mumbling something about a doctor’s note.

The reaction of Nationstates citizens has been lukewarm. Few have removed their clothes in response to Westwind’s plea, and those who have looked on have been unimpressed:

viper.jpg

A Nationstates citizen gives his verdict on the new, naked government​

“Nonononono” cried Westwind “it was a typo – you are taking me too literally” but by then the damage was done. In a desperate attempt to curry favour, his followers were going to ever greater lengths to impress their master. Even their pets were not safe.

126_01_2.jpg

“See master, even Rover is now bare. Please like me!​

This author can only hope that Westwind’s article is edited properly before the Russian Winter sets in. If not, Nationstates could look back in fond nostalgia at the current size of his government – in more ways than one.

Flemingovia

please feel free to distribute

Code:
[align=center][b]Westwind Urges Nationstates: PLEASE, PLEASE get Nekkid for me![/b][/align]

In a finely crafted but poorly edited press release distributed throughout Nationstates recently, Westwind, also known as the Crimson King, inadvertently urged the NS community to remove all their clothing. 

“please bare with us” he pleaded. 

Naturally, his own few followers, who are not noted for their critical faculties, were the first to respond. Having pledged loyalty to him, his government ministers immediately removed all their clothing, with the exception of one former deputy minister, who refused to remove his underpants, mumbling something about a doctor’s note. 

The reaction of Nationstates citizens has been lukewarm. Few have removed their clothes in response to Westwind’s plea, and those who have looked on have been unimpressed: 

[align=center][IMG]http://www.blackfive.net/photos/uncategorized/viper.jpg[/IMG]
A Nationstates citizen gives his verdict on the new, naked government[/align]

“Nonononono” cried Westwind “it was a typo – you are taking me too literally” but by then the damage was done. In a desperate attempt to curry favour, his followers were going to ever greater lengths to impress their master. Even their pets were not safe. 

[align=center][IMG]http://www.mexicolore.co.uk/uploadimages/126_01_2.jpg[/IMG]
“See master, even Rover is now bare. Please like me! [/align]

This author can only hope that Westwind’s article is edited properly before the Russian Winter sets in. If not, Nationstates could look back in fond nostalgia at the current size of his government – in more ways than one. 

Flemingovia

please feel free to distribute

Code:
The Russian Winter Begins. 

[align=center][IMG]http://warart.archives.govt.nz/files/images/NCWA_Q00473.preview.jpeg[/IMG]
Gatesville troops prepare to sit it out. [/align]

For the third time, Gatesville troops have bedded down in The North Pacific in support of a Rogue delegate. In support of Dalimbar and Emperor Matthuis, the Gatesville enthusiasm faded very quickly, and both coup attempts failed. This time, Gatesville sources say that they are in for the long haul. 

But how long? Lewis and Clark (better known to most as Westwind) has gone Rogue early in his delegacy, and his influence level is only at Minnow. Hovering beneath him are a number of loyal TNP natives who have both high endocounts and very high influence. In response to the current crisis their endorsement levels are rising, and Lewis and Clark cannot ban any of them, let alone all of them. 

Experienced players who understand Influence (and I do not count myself amongst them) have done the math, and concluded that it will be months before Lewis and Clark can remove all these threats to his position. 
[align=center][IMG]http://extremecatholic.blogspot.com/images/mussolini.jpg[/IMG]
Gates rallies his troops: “don’t worry, lads, it will all be over by Chrsitmas. 
That is only 323 days away[/align]

So Lewis and Clark will need Gatesville support well into the Summer, or perhaps even (according to one influence-watcher) into the Fall. The question is, will Gatesville be willing to commit their militia to one cause for so long? Their words say yes, experience says no. The loyalty of Gatesville troops is well known, but the loyalty of anyone would be tested by a long occupation. Nobody likes to be bogged down for months. 

So now we have two structures in TNP. The old government, which is styling itself “the government in waiting” since they believe that the end of this rogue delegacy is only a matter of time, and the new government of Lewis and Clark who must be hoping that Gatesville shows more tenacity this time than the last two times. 

This conflict in TNP is very like previous ones in some respects. But whereas conflicts early in Nationstates were decided by swift strikes and blitzkrieg moves,  this one will largely be determined by two factors: influence and patience. 

Welcome to the Russian winter, Gatesville. 

~ Flemingovia

It was honestly, a really good article...

I am not a huge fan of GV *surprise* but L&C was elected Delegate, not a coup. Just change of lower government.

In any event, I've taken the liberty of proofreading your draft before you send it out (you haven't ordered it to be sent out already, have you?)

Please bare with us,” he pleaded.

The reaction of Nationstates citizens has been lukewarm. Few have removed their clothes in response to Westwind’s plea, and those who have looked on have been unimpressed.

“Nonononono,” cried Westwind.It was a typo – you are taking me too literally.”  However, by then the damage was done. In a desperate attempt to curry favour, his followers were going to ever greater lengths to impress their master. Even their pets were not safe.

Flemingovia

Also, the title of the article should be changed to something along the lines of "Westwind begs NS: remove your clothes" due to the hanging preposition at the end of yours.

I'll give you an A for effort, though :P

If you think what has happened is "just a change of lower government" then you have not read the codex, or your oath.

fullmetaljacket.jpg

Who says espionage does not work in Nationstates? We have managed to get an advance copy of George Westwind Bush’s forthcoming speech to the Naked Government and the troops of Gatesville and Equilism. Here is the script:

My fellow nothpacificillians, people of Equilismist descent and Gatesvilorians,

At this time I am proud to be your leader at this time. I realise that we face many, many struggles as we fight a united fight, fighting against the twin powers of constitutionalisation, bureaucratism, and old guardianisallity.

As we face a Russian winter, many people doubt our resolve. They say that Gatesvilorian troops will not show a resolute resolve. But we are resolved. We will fight them wherever and wherever we find them. And wherever we find them, there will we fight. That is the Northpacificillarian way. And it is our way.

There is one matter that I want to address head on. It is an important matter, and one that I know worries many of them. People in my wonderful home state of Equlisorium say to me, “mr Krimson Cing, we are worried. Where are the Weapons of mass Bureaucracy you said were in The North Pacific? We cannot find them!” I want to tell you know, and I want to tell you from the heart. The claims I made, were made in good faith. Whatever I said before this thing that happened … happened, But that was in the past. This is now about regime change, not Bueaucracy. And there has been a regime change which has changed the regime. And I am proud tonight of what Gatesvilloria has achieved.

People also say to me “mr Cing, can you explain why you need foreign troops to shore up your delegacy?” I have a simple explanation for that. It is as simple as it is explanatory, and explains in a simple way what needs explanation. So I am glad to have cleared that up.

In conclusion, life for Northpacificorian people is obviously better now that Gatesvillorian tanks are in the streets. That is an obvious fact that is obvious to all. Those who complain about sovereignty do not have a realizatory understanding that they are now free. Their freedom is a deep and wide freedom, which in time they will freely feel free about. They are now free to do whatever I tell them to do.

I am George Westwind Bush

I am the Krimson Cing.

thank you.

- Flemingovia

The following statement is addressed to Flemingovia:

Gatesville does not intend to pull its Guard out of the North Pacific until such time as its duties are successfully and completely concluded.

Lewis and Clark is not a rogue delegate, because he was democratically elected by the people. The troopers of the Gatesville Guard are a great deal more loyal than the esteemed author portrays them, and are prepared to spend an indefinite amount of time deployed if the need arises.

Thank you.

feel free to distribute, but please give credit.

Code:
[img] http://www.pigs-in-lipstick.co.uk/images/fullmetaljacket.jpg [/img]

Who says espionage does not work in Nationstates? We have managed to get an advance copy of George Westwind Bush’s forthcoming speech to the Naked Government and the troops of Gatesville and Equilism. Here is the script: 

[quote]My fellow nothpacificillians, people of Equilismist descent and Gatesvilorians, 

At this time I am proud to be your leader at this time. I realise that we face many, many struggles as we fight a united fight, fighting against the twin powers of constitutionalisation, bureaucratism, and old guardianisallity. 

As we face a Russian winter, many people doubt our resolve. They say that Gatesvilorian troops will not show a resolute resolve. But we are resolved. We will fight them wherever and wherever we find them. And wherever we find them, there will we fight. That is the Northpacificillarian way. And it is our way. 

There is one matter that I want to address head on. It is an important matter, and one that I know worries many of them. People in my wonderful home state of Equlisorium say to me, “mr Krimson Cing, we are worried. Where are the Weapons of mass Bureaucracy you said were in The North Pacific? We cannot find them!” I want to tell you know, and I want to tell you from the heart. The claims I made, were made in good faith. Whatever I said before this thing that happened … happened, But that was in the past. This is now about regime change, not Bueaucracy. And there has been a regime change which has changed the regime. And I am proud tonight of what Gatesvilloria has achieved. 

People also say to me “mr Cing, can you explain why you need foreign troops to shore up your delegacy?” I have a simple explanation for that. It is as simple as it is explanatory, and explains in a simple way what needs explanation. So I am glad to have cleared that up. 

In conclusion, life for Northpacificorian people is obviously better now that Gatesvillorian tanks are in the streets. That is an obvious fact that is obvious to all. Those who complain about sovereignty do not have a realizatory understanding that they are now free. Their freedom is a deep and wide freedom, which in time they will freely feel free about. They are now free to do whatever I tell them to do. 

I am George Westwind Bush

I am the Krimson Cing. 

thank you.[/quote] 

- Flemingovia

Gatesville conveniently ignores the fact that L&C did not have the power to abolish the Constitution under which he was elected, or the institutions of government created or conntinued under that constitution, or that L&C violated fhe Bill of Rights in seeking to do so.

Gatesville's participation in L&C's criminal acts makes them equally complicit and as far as I am concerned, they are llegal occupiers of the soverign territory of The North Pacific.

From the most esteemed Princess of Gatesville:

"Gatesville conveniently remembers the fact that the will of the people elects the delegate, and, in the absence of a founder, the delegate makes the rules."

:)

That opinion is not universally shared.
It does not have to be universally shared; it only has to be known to those who steer Gatesville's political policies--preferably before we get completely wasted and our council meetings turn into beer pong contests and games of strip poker.

Gatesvillian policy is now and has always been aimed at supporting national (and regional) sovereignty. While this is predominately achieved via mitigating the hippie-loving United Nations proposals, occasionally we will engage in other measures. A duly elected delegate (elected, I might add, by the will of the people you now claim to be defending), who institutes a change of policy is not violating sovereignty, he is simply placing his own stamp onto the region. If the residents of the region object so strenuously to this act, they have the right to impeach him by placing their own candidate upon the delegate's throne.

P.S. We do not ignore the claim that L&C had no right to abolish the Constitution under which he was elected, we simply do not recognize its validity. By our standards, as a sitting delegate with whom we are allied he has the full and complete right to run the region as he wishes. Any efforts to the contrary will be regarded as an act of war.

Translation: All rhetoric aside, nothing I just said means we will stand idly by and allow L&C to be replaced when there are ~300 UN votes and a delegate in agreement with our policies on the line.

:noangel:

Translation: All rhetoric aside, nothing I just said means we will stand idly by and allow L&C to be replaced when there are ~300 UN votes and a delegate in agreement with our policies on the line.

Thank you for your honesty, but in that case please spare us any talk of respecting regional sovereignty.

GoneWithTheWind.jpg

Forbidden love in a backdrop of conflict.
Westwind and Gates declare their love.

GONE WITH THE WESTWIND

Scene 1: On the steps of Equilism. The plot is hatched

(Equilism is the once beautiful homeland of Westwind. The southern belle is talking with the twins, New Kervoskia and Dalimbar, at the door step.)

NEW KERVOSKIA: What do we care if Dalimbar was expelled from the delegacy of TNP, Westwind. The war is going to start any day now so he would have left the region anyhow.

DALIMBAR: Oh, isn't it exciting, Westwind? You know those poor Userites actually want a war?

NEW KERVOSKIA: We'll show'em.

WESTWIND: Fiddle-dee-dee. War, war, war. This war talk is spoiling all the fun at every party this spring. I get so bored I could scream. Besides, there isn't going to be any war.

NEW KERVOSKIA: Not going to be any war?

DALIMBAR: Ah, buddy, of course there's going to be a war.

WESTWIND: If either of you boys says "war" just once again, I'll go in the house and slam the door.

NEW KERVOSKIA: But Westwind honey..

DALIMBAR: Don't you want us to have a war?

NEW KERVOSKIA: Wait a minute, Westwind...

DALIMBAR: We'll talk about this...

NEW KERVOSKIA: No please, we'll do anything you say...

WESTWIND: Well-but remember I warned you.

NEW KERVOSKIA: I've got an idea. We'll talk about the barbecue Nervadar is giving over at Gatesville tomorrow.

DALIMBAR: That's a good idea. You're eating barbecue with us, aren't you, Westwind?

WESTWIND: Well, I hadn't thought about that yet, I'll...I'll think about that tomorrow.

DALIMBAR: And we want all your waltzes, there's first New Kervoskia, then me, then New Kervoskia, then me again, then JAL. Promise?

WESTWIND: I' just love to.

DALIMBAR: Yahoo!

WESTWIND: If only ..if only I didn't have every one of them taken already.

NEW KERVOSKIA: Honey, you can't do that to us.

DALIMBAR: How about if we tell you a secret?

WESTWIND: Secret? Who by?

NEW KERVOSKIA: Well, you know Miss Moo Cows, from The Pacific?

DALIMBAR: Gates' cousin? Well she's visiting Gatesville.

WESTWIND: Moo Cows? That goody-goody! Who wants no secret about him.

NEW KERVOSKIA: Well, anyway we heard...

DALIMBAR: That is, they say..

NEW KERVOSKIA: Gates is going to marry him.

DALIMBAR: You know the Gatesvillians always marry their cousins.

NEW KERVOSKIA: Now do we get those waltzes?

WESTWIND: Of course.

NEW KERVOSKIA: Yahoo!

WESTWIND: It can't be true...Gates loves me.

DALIMBAR: Westwind!

(Westwind breaks down, unable to accept the fact of Gates’ marriage. She rushes off)

End of Scene.

To be continued....

feel free to distribute, giving credit.

Code:
[align=center][IMG]http://www.hollywoodteenmovies.com/GoneWithTheWind.jpg[/IMG]
Forbidden love in a backdrop of conflict. 
Westwind and Gates declare their love. 

[b]GONE WITH THE WESTWIND[/b][/align]

Scene 1: On the steps of Equilism. The plot is hatched

(Equilism is the once beautiful homeland of Westwind. The southern belle is talking with the twins, New Kervoskia and Dalimbar, at the door step.)

NEW KERVOSKIA: What do we care if Dalimbar was expelled from the delegacy of TNP, Westwind. The war is going to start any day now so he would have left the region anyhow.

DALIMBAR: Oh, isn't it exciting, Westwind? You know those poor Userites actually want a war? 

NEW KERVOSKIA: We'll show'em.

WESTWIND: Fiddle-dee-dee. War, war, war. This war talk is spoiling all the fun at every party this spring. I get so bored I could scream. Besides, there isn't going to be any war.

NEW KERVOSKIA: Not going to be any war?

DALIMBAR: Ah, buddy, of course there's going to be a war.

WESTWIND: If either of you boys says "war" just once again, I'll go in the house and slam the door. 

NEW KERVOSKIA: But Westwind honey..

DALIMBAR: Don't you want us to have a war? 

NEW KERVOSKIA: Wait a minute, Westwind...

DALIMBAR: We'll talk about this... 

NEW KERVOSKIA: No please, we'll do anything you say...

WESTWIND: Well-but remember I warned you. 

NEW KERVOSKIA: I've got an idea. We'll talk about the barbecue Nervadar is giving over at  Gatesville tomorrow.

DALIMBAR: That's a good idea. You're eating barbecue with us, aren't you, Westwind?

WESTWIND: Well, I hadn't thought about that yet, I'll...I'll think about that tomorrow.

DALIMBAR: And we want all your waltzes, there's first New Kervoskia, then me, then New Kervoskia, then me again, then JAL. Promise? 

WESTWIND: I' just love to.

DALIMBAR: Yahoo!

WESTWIND: If only ..if only I didn't have every one of them taken already.

NEW KERVOSKIA: Honey, you can't do that to us.

DALIMBAR: How about if we tell you a secret?

WESTWIND: Secret? Who by?

NEW KERVOSKIA: Well, you know Miss Moo Cows, from The Pacific?

DALIMBAR: Gates' cousin? Well she's visiting Gatesville.

WESTWIND: Moo Cows? That goody-goody! Who wants no secret about him. 

NEW KERVOSKIA: Well, anyway we heard...

DALIMBAR: That is, they say.. 

NEW KERVOSKIA: Gates is going to marry him.

DALIMBAR: You know the Gatesvillians  always marry their cousins. 

NEW KERVOSKIA: Now do we get those waltzes?

WESTWIND: Of course. 

NEW KERVOSKIA: Yahoo!

WESTWIND: It can't be true...Gates loves me.

DALIMBAR: Westwind!

(Westwind breaks down, unable to accept the fact of Gates’ marriage. She rushes off)

End of Scene.

To be continued....

L&G: Oh, Rhett! What will I ever do?

Sponge Bob: Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam.

:lol:

lost004.png

The strange error message encountered by many Gatesville troopers
as they tried to play Nationstates last night.​

There was consternation in Gatesville last night when Gatesville troopers, ordered in to prop up the crumbling delegacy of Westwind in the North Pacific were found to have gone to the wrong region by mistake, and were in the Userite region of “North Pacific”.

“Look, you morons” thundered Gates to his hapless troopers “we have made this as simple as we can. The boot with a “L” painted on it is your left boot; the boot with a “R” painted on it is your right boot. So when I order you to turn left, TURN BLOODY LEFT!”

Gatesville troopers were left looking bewildered at this outburst; they have been trained to obey, not to think, and therefore it is natural for them to mistake a 53-nation Foundered region for the largest Feeder in Nationstates.

Navy%20Left%20&%20Right%202.jpg

New standard issue footwear for Gatesville Troopers​

The Gatesville Militia constantly boast that they are the finest fighting force in Nationstates. Raiders and Defenders across Nationstates must be feeling somewhat amused a this claim today. This reporter has had his conflicts with raiders in the past, but at least he has to admit that they generally can find the regions they are raiding – a skill seemingly evading the Gatesville Militia.

Finally, as an act of public service to Gatesville, we would like to post this notice in as many regions as possible. Perhaps it will help some poor unfortunates find their way home.

LOST, STOLEN OR STRAYED

Several Gatesville Troopers.

DISTINGUISHING MARKS: None. They are just like any other players in the game.

If any of these troopers are seen wandering in your region, please contact any official of the Gatesville Army, who will send over a car to take them home.

DO NOT APPROACH FROM DOWNWIND. They are not dangerous, but having been lost for so long they will desperately need a bath.​

feel free to distribute

Code:
[align=center][img] http://www.dailycupoftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/lost004.png [/img]
The strange error message encountered by many Gatesville troopers 
as they tried to play Nationstates last night. [/align]

There was consternation in Gatesville last night when Gatesville troopers, ordered in to prop up the crumbling delegacy of Westwind in the North Pacific were found to have gone to the wrong region by mistake, and were in the Userite region of “North Pacific”. 

“Look, you morons” thundered Gates to his hapless troopers “we have made this as simple as we can. The boot with a “L” painted on it is your left boot; the boot with a “R” painted on it is your right boot. So when I order you to turn left, TURN BLOODY LEFT!”

Gatesville troopers were left looking bewildered at this outburst; they have been trained to obey, not to think, and therefore it is natural for them to mistake a 53-nation Foundered region for the largest Feeder in Nationstates. 

[align=center][img] http://www.liljos.com/pages/Navy%20Left%20&%20Right%202.jpg [/img]
New standard issue footwear for Gatesville Troopers [/align]

The Gatesville Militia constantly boast that they are the finest fighting force in Nationstates. Raiders and Defenders across Nationstates must be feeling somewhat amused a this claim today. This reporter has had his conflicts with raiders in the past, but at least he has to admit that they generally can find the regions they are raiding – a skill seemingly evading the Gatesville Militia. 

Finally, as an act of public service to Gatesville, we would like to post this notice in as many regions as possible. Perhaps it will help some poor unfortunates find their way home. 

[quote][align=center][b]LOST, STOLEN OR STRAYED[/b]

Several Gatesville Troopers. 

DISTINGUISHING MARKS: None. They are just like any other players in the game. 

If any of these troopers are seen wandering in your region, please contact any official of the Gatesville Army, who will send over a car to take them home. 

DO NOT APPROACH FROM DOWNWIND. They are not dangerous, but having been lost for so long they will desperately need a bath. [/align][/quote]

This video was sent to me by a Friend in Russia (with English sub-titles).

It is how I feel, and it is my plan for how we will regain our region.

Watch it in detail. Don't miss a second. Learn. (ten minutes long).

It's an old Russian folk tale that has many lessons for us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tveZG41h1GA&feature=related

Think about it for a while. Sleep on it.

R

LOL!

I've got several of them that do that when I try to type on the computer and at least one that face-cats the dog. :lol:

Back