Information Technology Workers Strike!

Colfintry

TNPer
Information Technology Workers Strike!:
The Issue

Workers across the nation have gone out on indefinite strike over what they claim are substandard wages in the Information Technology industry.

The Debate

"We are the backbone of this country, and we demand a fair wage rise!" says union leader Sue-Ann du Pont. "I don't think a 20% increase over two years is too much to ask. Unless the government forces employers to give us our due, we'll shut this whole industry down! Let's see how well Colfrintry's economy manages without any Information Technology, huh?"

"We pay our employees very generous wages," says employer representative Clint Hendrikson. "Especially when you consider that without us, they'd be OUT ON THE STREET. Hear that, you scumbags? OUT ON THE STREET! Anyway, my point is, if you cave in, you make our entire industry uncompetitive. You can't do that in the global marketplace. It'll hurt the whole country. The best solution, economically speaking, would be to relax industrial laws and allow us to fire troublemakers on the spot."

Oh come on! This is BS! I would side with the unions IF they had good reason to strike and ONLY if their demands were reasonable, but they're being greedy bastards and holding the country hostage! Twenty percent raise over two years? That's almost a one percent raise every month! If I side with the unions I'll tank my economy!

But I know if I side with the corporation the game's going to give me flak for that too. Firing trouble makers on the spot? What is that, a civil rights or a political freedoms issue? I don't know, but it seems whichever way I lean on this one I'm going to take a hit. Where's the comfortable middle ground, huh?

This sheds light on union issues in the real world. My gut instinct tells me to simply abolish all unions, all they seem to do is cause a huge ruckus when they're in the mood for a raise. With how involved our government is in the economy these days, I hardly believe unions are needed as much to protect the workers anymore. If anything they should only exist as legal organisations like the NRA and the NAACP and settle issues in court while the workers continue to earn paychecks and contribute to the economy.

I'm picking the second resolution... begrudgingly. I really want to hold liberty dear in my nation but it's difficult to exercise that liberty when one sector in the economy is sucking up all the money.

Well, I went with the second option and it gave me my first medal! Top 10% Fastest Growing Economy in Region. My economy jumped from 79 to 91, and I didn't take a hit in civil rights or political freedoms. Nice!

I think it increases socio-economic inequality which is annoying.

Hi ctoups. This topic hasn't been used since 2011. Please try not to gravedig threads, especially ones that are as old as this. Feel free to make new threads about issues if you wish.

Back