Special Election - Vice Delegate

Felasia

TNPer
The office of Vice Delegate is now vacant due to Blackshear being elected as WA Delegate. In accordance with the North Pacific Legal Code and Constitution, the special elections for the Vice Delegate are to be held immediately.

Elected official shall remai in office for the rest of the term.

"Vacancy" in an office or position occurs when the holder of an elected office or position resigns, is removed, abandons, or is recalled. Vacancies are filled through a special election unless an special election cannot be completed prior to the beginning of the general or judicial election cycle; or in all cases pending an election, however, a vacancy may be temporarily filled as provided by the Constitution, the Legal Code, or by rule adopted by the appropriate body.
Special Elections

1. A special election shall be held in the event of a vacancy in any elected office or position in accordance with this Law. A special election cycle shall last for no more than fourteen days, which must be completed prior to the beginning of the next election cycle for the vacated office or position.
2. The Delegate, or if the Delegate is not available, the Speaker, or if the Delegate and Speaker are not available, any Court Justice, shall serve as Election Commissioner for the special election.
3. The period for nominations or declarations of candidacy in the special election shall last for five days, beginning within two days after the vacancy occurs or is noticed.
4. Voting shall begin one day after the period for nominations or declarations has closed. Voting shall last for five days.
5. In all instances, a plurality shall determine who is elected to fill a vacancy. In the event of a tie, the Delegate, or if the Delegate is not available, the Speaker, or if the Delegate and Speaker are not available, any Court Justice, shall cast a tie-breaking vote.

The nominations started on Thursday 29th March 2011 at 8.00 AM (GMT+7) and end on 3rd April 2011 at 8.00 AM (GMT+7)

The candidates for Vice Delegate are as follows:

Grosseschnauzer

again, only 1 nomination...c'mon, someone makes the voting much interesting, please. Does this Special Election gets the publicity it deserves? I saw nothing in the RMB about this, neither do I receive any PM here.

EDIT: I would like to nominate OPArsenal as the candidate for this Vice Delegate Special Election. That would make it interestng, I hope.

The only official job requirement:

Candidates must be members of the Assembly for 30 days before nominations begin.

Nomination is now closed.

The candidates for the office of Vice Delegate is as follow:

Grosseschnauzer

Confirmation vote will begin one day after this.

Back