Embassy Applications

Hello regions of the NationStates world.

If you are interested in exchanging embassies with The North Pacific, this is the place to apply.

Simply state your region's name, a little background information and your reason for requesting an embassy. Providing a link and a contact person would also be helpful. We will review each application on a case by case basis. We politely ask for your patience as we work our way through this process.

Region: Eastern Islands of Dharma
Forum: http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Eastern_Islands/index.php?act=idx
Description: A region for WA Authors, Roleplayers and Defenders -- a fairly varied member-base, but there is certainly a WA-focus to the region.
Reason for Making An Embassy: Dharma has always maintained fairly good relations with TNP. If people think the way to legitimize these relations is through updates, so be it. *shrugs* Our newly elected Minister of Foreign Affairs will be facilitating this process.
Contacts: Me (Unibot II) and our Minister of Foreign Affairs (Ossitania).

Thank you for your application.

I would like to note that forum embassies can be much more than simply a place to exchange updates. Even if that's all it ever is, it allows our citizens to get a glimpse at what's going on with our friends and allies. I believe this is a positive thing and more valuable than a buried link on the top of the Regional page.

Comes now before The Pacific Region, The Mikes Hope Essence of Mikeswill, WA Delegate, of the NationStates Region. requesting formal recognition in the form of an Embassy between our two Regions.

Region Name: NationStates

Number of nations: 156

Off-site forums: http://bnationstates.runboard.com/

Founder: NationStates was created before the days of Founders receiving credit

Region Head: Mikeswill
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=mikeswill

Your position (if not listed above): WA Delegate (6 years, 179 days)

Alliances and/or organizations your Region is part of: NationStates is Friends to All; Aligned with None

Why you want to exchange diplomatic relations with our region: The North Pacific has had a prolific History and the birth place of many of our Nations. As a Region from the initial days of existence, we feel a close connection with the feeder regions. To continue within the Future of the experience we feel it imperative that we continue to keep relations with The Pacifics

A brief description of your region: NationStates arose out of the initial Raider ~ Defender Wars of 2003 with the entry of Mikeswill ~ Mikes Hope into the Region in November 2003. For the past 7 1/2 years we have been an alternative to the Raider ~ Defender positions by acting as a Neutral Region untited for our own Soveriegn growth. As such we practice a free soveriegn anarchy within the Region and welcome all visitors or permanent residences.

Region: The United Federation
Forum: http://z3.invisionfree.com/The_UF/index.php?
Description: A fairly new, fast growing active region. We are democratic and a defender nation.
Reason for Making An Embassy: We would like to maintain foreign affairs with all of our Nationstates neighbors.
Contacts: Me

Application noted. We'll look into this starting Monday after the debate on the previous two applications has been completed.

After consultation with the Regional Assembly, the forum embassy for Eastern Islands of Dharma has been approved. The forum embassy for NationStates has been declined.

It has been declined. I was under the impression I had sent you notification of this. My apologies for the oversight.

Thank you for your application, HJT. We are currently entering regional elections and likely will not render a decision until the new government is in place.

I apologize to you and South Boston Irishmen for the delay.

Greetings, my name is Flemingovia. I have just been appointed as Ambassador/Consul to TNP from the region of Taijitu.

Taijitu has a long and distinguished history of interraction with TNP. In fact many nations well known on this forum are Taijitu natives. Our consulate on this forum enjoyed a great activity in the past.

For those who do not know of Taijitu, it was founded by refugees from the Lexicon, and thanks to vigorous recruiting rose to become the largest user-created region in Nationstates at the time with well over a thousand nations. It has recently been refounded and is on the rise again. Watch out for the name - it will be a significant player in NS in the coming months.

As part of that revival we are seeking the reopening of our embassy here in this forum, and the acceptance of my letters as the official ambassador from Taijitu (with relevant remasking).

I remain,

Yours sincerely,

Flemingovia
Ambassador from Taijitu.

Um, hi Flem. I seem to have missed this the first time around. I'll bring your request before the relevant folks and see if we can work something out.

Region: Europe
Forum: http://www.ns-europe.eu/
Description: Europe is a region of fun loving nations, not much happens, and we are all pretty much laid back.
Reason for Making An Embassy: Europe is coming out of the dark that it has be locked in for a few years and are looking for new friends. We love active regions and governments as well.
Contacts: Me (Jeux II)

Hope I did this right :lol:

Your application has been noted. It will be brought to the next step shortly.

We'll also have a decision regarding Taijitu very shortly.

Region: Skyrim
Forum: http://skyrimforums.freeforums.org/index.php
Description: Skyrim is a video game made into a region that is looking to expand and has grown rapidly in a short time.
Reason for Making An Embassy: Skyrim is looking to become more open to new regional relationships and would like to have embassies with powerful and influential regions like TNP.
Contacts: Me (The SGA)

Region: International Democratic Union
Forum: http://s10.zetaboards.com/IDU/site/
Description: The IDU is a long time friend and ally of the North Pacific. In recent months, the IDU has seen a resurgence in inter-regional activity, not least of which is the global map project I started recently. Given that the IDU and TNP will both be included on this world, I think it appropriate that we renew our diplomatic contact.
Contacts: Embolalia (foreign minister), Bears Armed (whose WA puppet is currently our delegate). Possibly also Grosseschnauzer, who maintains multiple puppets in the IDU.

Seriously? Its like the person in charge of responding to these requests has completely given up on their elected/appointed duties and don't act like it got lost in the "pre-election shuffle" since this request was made nearly a month ago. It seems the foreign affairs department as once again been left to rot.

I think the Delegate's been more worried about getting couped than about watching the embassy requests. Nobody has volunteered to take charge of Foreign Affairs.

Here, lately, you've got a point. There, you're dead wrong. I visited NS virtually every day. I've been around both places a whole heck of a lot more than anyone, save Grosse, the last year. But whatever. There is no political capital to be gained from slagging me so I'm not sure why you're bothering. *shrug*

Once I'm out of office, I'm looking forward to watching the new and innovative policies of my tirelessly active successors.

Yeah I think Blue Wolf doesn't know what he's talking about there.

He hasn't exactly been active in TNP's onsite the last few months himself ;)

BW, while you were away, and when Violet introduced an Embassy feature in the game, TNP adopted a new regional policy on embassies. Just an FYI for your benefit.

Organization: The United Defenders League
Forum: http://s4.zetaboards.com/UDL/index/
Description: We're a non-regional defender organization arranged at the player level. We defend, we liberate, we peace-keep, foster advocacy groups and provide security services for regions. Among many other deeds.
Reason for Making An Embassy: We'd love to have a treaty or programme with the North Pacific sometime and embassies seem like a great start.
Contacts: Me (Unibot II), Our Chief Herald (New Bazlantis);

I will be taking all outstanding requests to the R.A. for private discussion among the R.A. members. That includes both the requests here and at NS.net.

We'll probably also revisit the consulate issue as well, beause I think those serve a useful purpose, and gives us more options with regions or organizations we don't know well enough.

And BW, that will give you a chance to respond directly to the comments others may have about your request.

Back