The two-line limit

Ermarian

TNPer
-
While New Kervoskia was delegate, the line limit on regional recruitment was lowered to two, according to the WFE. I can't find any reference to that here, so was this a decree by NK directly?

Moreover, what should we enact now? Two lines are very little indeed, while 15 lines were quite a lot (and also more disputable due to screen width).

The WFE does not currently specify a line limit, although recruiters don't seem to have abused that fact yet.

As one who was in Cabinet during the decision to make the 2-line rule, I'll explain for the benefit of the Delegate. As you know, the 10 line rule was in force since even before my Delegacy, and while this proved somewhat effective on limiting the size of ads on our RMB, it did little to reduce the amount of spam actually present, much to the chagrin of myself and others I'm sure. Yet, a week or so before the implementation of the 2-line rule on the TNP RMB, Krulltopia decided to institute a full ban of recruitment ads on The Pacific RMB, in order to send a message to recruiters. Other feeder governments, including our own, were looking at this policy with interest, and trying to find ways in order to best apply variations of the policy to meet the needs of our regions. It was decided by NK that he enforce a strict 2 line policy, yet also providing an incentive to recruiters. Follow the 2 line policy, and they could be mentioned in the WFE as a thanks for following the policy. While I do not have statistics available, from observation the policy did prove effective. Most, but certainly not all, recruiters did follow the policy, and indeed thought it best to actually contribute to the discussions than post a long spam message and face banjection.

Also, Elu is correct. While most Delegates have enforced a 10 line policy, they could change it at whim.

One other thing should be pointed out -- the changes made by Maz Barry and company in the game code that permit the use of linking of nations and regions in the WFE and RMB. Yo me, its one of the things that made the two-line limit workable.

The other point I'll make is that if necessary the line limit could be clarified by a character count that with default settings would, would be equal to whatever line limit that is being followed. That wouls also eliminate the ambiguity about how to determine which recruiter posts are in excess of the TNP limits for the RMB.

Back