Zetaboard switch.....

Govindia

TNPer
Curious, but when did we vote on this? I wasn't aware we did.

Also, why can't everyone be able to reply to posts in the "General Announcements" section? :blink: :ADN:

2. Because they are announcements, not discussions.

1. We decided about 8 months ago to move when Zetaboards was properly stable and properly beta-tested, which has actually been the case for some months now. This is not exactly a "forum move", since all the threads remain the same, as do accounts, pm's etc. It is more of a "forum upgrade". And I hope you agree it is a big improvement.

flemingovia:
2. Because they are announcements, not discussions.

1. We decided about 8 months ago to move when Zetaboards was properly stable and properly beta-tested, which has actually been the case for some months now. This is not exactly a "forum move", since all the threads remain the same, as do accounts, pm's etc. It is more of a "forum upgrade". And I hope you agree it is a big improvement.
What about email notifications to topics?

flemingovia:
what about them? what do you mean?
on IF when you subscribe to a topic or post in a topic, or get a PM, you have the option of receiving email notifications. These are very useful to have, but I was told on ZB you do not have that ability :( :ADN:

Can we put these types of questions in the technology area of the forums?
There are a lot of add-on coding that van be utilized if a feature doesn't appear in the default Zetaboards coding. (Example is the ability to send PMs to more than one user at a time; which also had the option to send PMs to all members of a user group (or to deselect a name or two from such a group to send out a PM. That's something we didn't have before the upgrade to Zetaboards.)

Incidentally, a lot of the servers hosting invisionfree message boards were automatically converted over to zetaboard format. Same company, but the zetaboard format uses a different base 'language' or rather 'assembly' code, per se (although the user/administrative interface is largely the same) than the invisionfree boards. In some instances, some servers were converted over to the new format, no choice involved. All data from the previous board got converted over to the new format automatically. The zetaboard format is a lot easier to work with, I do have to say.

Back