Motion to Remove

HEM

TNPer
I, HEM Tiberius, a member of this Regional Assembly hereby move to commence debate on a resolution to remove New Kervoskia from the office of Delegate and hold new elections for that post.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I made the above motion not for the desire to cause strive for my own political gain, but rather to sow the seeds of progress in a portion of the world where it has not rained from some time.

We have seen a multitude of delegates pass through the hallowed halls of this region. We have seen them do nothing to stabilize this region and return us to a lusted after prosperity. This last election we saw a helpless electorate vote to continue the term of the incumbent with no second course offered. We saw the hopes of many members band together, perhaps naively wishing that the same incumbent who sat idly the term before would deliver a new era upon this region.

My friend, the time for hoping is over. Many will respond that my call to action is premature, and more time is needed for this government to prepare themselves for natrually bold strokes of action that they intend to execute. And I join you in wishing, wishing that that were so.

I present my case with a sense of humility. I have not recruited a corp of followers to bully, and to back me. I have not engaged in smear campaigns prior, intending to soften the ground for this pursuit. I come with an honest presentation of the facts from my own eyes, ears, and heart.

It took our delegate a full four days from his electoral victory to even announce his next term's Cabinet. When he finally did so, he did without presenting a shred of an agenda, or an ounce of a plan. He included positions that all of TNP are left wondering what they mean, and what they stand for. And when I say positions, it is almost directly plural, seeing as he originally only appointed two officers. Now he has kindly added a third, a "Minister of Lulz" that is sure to be vital and imperative to the progression of this region.

Upon inquiry I was not meet with the soft and gentle response of a polished politician, but rather the raspy and satirical remarks that can only be likened to a late night comedy hour after all the actors have had a bit too much to drink. He took my questions about his plans as jokes, and failed to address a single one of my points. When I fought further, he simply referenced my former attempt to gain power via a means other than a lawful election. This is not how a progressive leader behaves. A real leader doesn't dismiss these points, he doesn't scoff at the idea of plans. But our leader does. I sense a profound message.

My friends, we stand here on the crux of history. I do not believe NK is a bad man, on the contrary our conversations until I started questioning him were polite and collective. However today, we must choose whether we will allow a delegate who breeds stagnancy and desires only to prop himself up on his over bloated chair to remain in office, or to call elections to allow an opponent to seize the stage and for the voters of this region to have a real opportunity to judge the merits and demerits of all candidates who are bold enough to stand forward in this time of doubt and challenge.

I close on this note, the great peaceful leader Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi once said, "You must be the change you wish to see in the world".

I do not stand here as a perfect man, unblemished of mis-steps and error. But rather as a citizen who seeks, and who craves a more active, a more responsible, leader for this region. And a more prosperous community for us all.

This is an unsupported motion. There is nothing recall-worthy in your arguments; I don't think it is possible to do very much better than how he's been doing in terms of gathering a cabinet and getting things done.

I do not offer my support to this motion. Please present hard facts of anything he has done to be worthy of a recall.

This region is dead, and our leader does nothing. He has been sitting idly for over five months. What exactly are you waiting for?

The hard facts is that our leader is incompetent. If in any region your leader failed to lead, then he would not be supported so staunchly. When is the last time this government did anything to move us forward? I have not seen a single action of leadership come from the Delegate's office since my arrival.

If this region feels that apathetic leadership is what this region needs, than perhaps we have reached an impasse. I pose a challenge to this body, name the last time that anything resembling governance has arrived from the Delegate's Office, and then tell me that we have a good leader.

For the sake of keeping it interesting the Imperator's Fortress State will support the motion as it stands on the floor and requests that the Speaker reconsider its position and allow the motion to go to an open vote.

OOC: I know, we just did this actually via the election. But meh.

For the sake of keeping it interesting the Imperator's Fortress State will support the motion as it stands on the floor and requests that the Speaker reconsider its position and allow the motion to go to an open vote.

OOC: I know, we just did this actually via the election. But meh.
While I do not offer my support to the motion, I will allow it to go to a vote (now that it has been seconded) after there has been more debate on the subject. I believe that it would be remiss of me to send it to vote right away without a shred of hard evidence.

I was going to say ... recall just following an election? Surely re-election was a vote of confidence?
The election was a kangaroo election to anyone active enough to witness it. The Delegate had no real rival, despite those who wished to challenge him. If anything we deserve another election with the Delegate facing an actual opponent.

The hard evidence is the state of our region! This region is dead, not dying, dead. The Delegate does nothing to improve the state of the region but sleaze around, make jokes, and appoint absurd cabinet posts. It is neglect of post and neglect of region!

I don't feel dead [/checks pulse]

An election does not need to be opposed to be a vote of confidence. People could easily have registered their disapproval by not voting for him at election time. They didn't

People voted for the status quo, or perhaps voted for him based on the premise that his second term would see more action. I myself fell into the later category.

Either way, the "mandate" he received from that election is moot in my eyes. I challenge his capacity to rule as he has failed to revive this region, and failed to take any action to restore us. Apathy should not be accepted from our leaders just because it is the norm. Our job is to change that norm.

Indeed, notice how our esteemed delegate doesn't even defend himself from these claims. He knows that he has done nothing deserving his post, as does everyone who dares open their eyes. This region is faltering, and your humorous intro aside, we are as good as dead.

If we want an active community, we have to fight for one. If you are happy having an inactive region, than endorse the status quo.

Wait a minute.

*Eluvatar checks spreadsheet

You voted NK, and you're trying to recall him /now/?

*Eluvatar stares in bewilderment.

Wait a minute.

*Eluvatar checks spreadsheet

You voted NK, and you're trying to recall him /now/?

*Eluvatar stares in bewilderment.
I direct you good sir, to my quote made previously:

People voted for the status quo, or perhaps voted for him based on the premise that his second term would see more action. I myself fell into the later category.

I voted for him because after having conversations with him, I was confident that his second term would be a vast improvement. Instead, no action has been taken, and even after this debate has begun he has not seen fit to alter his governing style at all.

This region is sitting in decay, and people seem more interesting in discrediting me instead of realizing that our leadership is at fault. Again, I pose the challenge, can anyone name the last time that anything came out of the Delegate's Office?

If this body cannot even come up with a single example of leadership from our Delegate, than why on earth does this assembly have his back?

My friends, you must wake up. You don't have to be evil, corrupt or entrenched in scandals to be a horrible leader. Look around at the state of this region, look at what our leader has done to improve it -- Nothing! And look back at me in the eyes and tell me that he deserves to continue!

He has done nothing since re-election, and he isn't providing defense because he knows this is so. Instead of working with me, trying to find solutions, this region would prefer to discredit me personally, as if that made the truth any less obvious.

in what way has "this region" tried to discredit you personally?

edit: typo
Again, focusing on me personally rather than the whole idea. But to be clear, the people who have responded to me have been questioning my ambition, my motives, and not the idea behind this proposal.

Once again, this debate comes back to trying to discredit my reasons for bringing forth this motion. How many variations are there now? Nobody has any interest in debating the facts, because the facts are clear. This has been a do-nothing government that enjoys making funny titles and snazzy remarks, but has no interest in improving the state of this region.

Endpoint: The North Pacific is dying. I care enough to try to do something about it. And that's more than you can say of the current government.

The "making of funny titles and snazzy remarks" seems to be more than enough for the region. You offer nothing to replace the current structure with, just vague ideas the system has failed and needs rebuilt.

If you feel the government has failed then propose ideas to fix it not try to turn the government into a revolving door. Give us concrete ideas of what you want to see changed and we will give you intelligent debate on the merits of those ideas.

I myself am working on several wording changes I would like to see. It is just a matter of making those changes work with every law this region has to guarantee that there are no conflicts to slow down the process

I believe I have laid out a slight agenda:

http://z13.invisionfree.com/TNP/index.php?showtopic=5846

This government has failed because this region is inactive. But it's not the matter of failing that concerns me, had we actually tried. NK has done nothing to advance this region, he has done nothing this term to change that trend of nothingness.

I have presented ideas, I have advanced causes. The idea that this tirade is some sort of empty suit drama is nothing but a jest. Our delegate sits idly, enjoying the pleasures of MS Paint while this region sits mired in inactivity.

How long will it take for The North Pacific to realize he is doing nothing: nothing. There is a difference from that, and me wanting changes. If NK was doing something I disagreed with, I would bring that up to him. But he has no desire at all to actually govern. He likes sitting in the chair, but he won't advance this region. And he has not made a single move to counter that trend of inaction since these proceedings have started.

This has nothing to do with legal changes I want. This has everything to do with our leader leading.

I'm really not sure about this. There were two things that bothered me about the election:

1) only one candidate
2) No change was made to the world factbook entry to say there was an election. (Please correct me if I'm wrong about that).

I thought that was bad - it was a bit of a non event really.

I have nothing against New Kervoskia and I don't pay enough attention to make an informed decision. It would be nice if there was more attempts to post on our RMB.

HEM if you wait for the next election run then?

Here is my two cents.

1. Unhappy with activity, do something about it. Go create something. Specifically something new that people can get behind, and exited about.

We know your bid for the delegate fell short due to you doing it too early, nothing anybody can do about that. However now that you have the time in, we shouldn't just stop everything, and have another election to make you happy.

If you want activity, you don't have to be delegate for that to happen. Give us something to be active with. Come up with new ideas. Ideas that will give us something to look forward to coming here, and checking the place out. Something that will look good to new players so they will check here, and want to take part.

Back