A New Day, A New Way, A New Prosperity

HEM

TNPer
Ladies and Gentlemen of the North Pacific!

To begin this speech, I would like to cite a quote by George Bernard Shaw that was used to both describe the late Edward Kennedy, and previously his brother, Robert.

Some men see things as they are and say 'why?'. I dream things that never were and say 'why not?'

It has become quite cliche' to begin a speech by making the allegation that a region is at a great crossroads. That is why I shall do nothing of the sort.

The North Pacific has been behind our crossroads for some time. The mantle of leadership has drifted between well intending people who have all failed to enact any real reform or change in this region. I shall not lie and claim to have witnessed every moment of every administration since my tenure as Secretary of State, but the end result of our collective endeavors bear witness in our current state to our shared failure.

Feeders across the board have become complacent in their position. This very complacency is only invitations to every entrepreneurial user who has his own desires to rule a feeder. Users who's ultimate ends that are not in our best interests by any stretch of the imagination. We cannot allow that to happen.

We cannot allow one of the brightest conglomerates of nations fade away into the abyss, as a swarm of barbaric raiders use the remains of government buildings as their spoils of war. We have an opportunity to change directions. To reverse a path that is presently leading to naught but future generations not hearing, nor seeing a North Pacific lead by a government of righteous intent and dedicated skill.

It is with those words intact that I submit by resume to you as your next Delegate. I submit to you my work as Founder of Europeia amongst other works to demonstrate my dedication and my duty to the tasks I am graced to hold. I launch this campaign for the delegacy to reverse the trend of stagnation and apathy that seems to have become the norm. With the good days ones with slightly less, and the bad days the ones with slightly more. I do not believe it is unfeasible to set aspirations to a new start, a new government, a new North Pacific that embodies all we do, but cuts away the layers of inaction that has become plague upon our body.

If I hesitated for even a moment before typing the words above, I would have bowed out of this race. But I remain firmly devoted to the ends we all seek, which is an active and prosperous region that will rise from stagnation into the ultimate coalition of nations.

I will tell all of you, if you; for a moment, believe things are fine right now. If you hold the belief that the government is capable of governing and the direction we are heading is one competent of taking us into the realms of prosperity, then you should not for a moment consider lending me your support. I have no element of moderation nor slow transition in my agenda. I instead, lend hope to a new day, a new way, a new prosperity.

New Prosperity Agenda

Massive Overhaul

(a) I have the full intention of advocating for a new government style in the North Pacific. It is my sound belief that the government we constructed after the coups of 2008 was never, nor shall it ever be, effective for any region; much less one of our nature. I have a Constitution in hand that I plan to advocate and advance. This is the cornerstone of my agenda. I believe we need to have an Executive with more tools in his belt of resources. We need a legislature that has motive to work, and competition to be a member of. This is a keystone to the information and knowledge I have gained from creating my own region about creating and mantaining activity.

(b) Can we get more controversial? You betcha!! I fully propose a new forum where our new government will organize and ensemble. Many of you will ask the necessity of this, and I am too eager to respond. New forums are a shot in the arm to regions who need new activity. The current state of our forum is a mess, and dis-encouraging to a new new member who may want to get involved. I propose a new forum with a clean slate, clean member role, clean post-counts, to go with a clean government. To answer the unspoken question, I shall never demand root admin of such a forum, and my intentions of proposing this plan is to not have such.

© I want you all to know that the changes above will not be advanced without discussion, discussion, and more discussion. Electing me as delegate is not endorsing a tyrant dismantling the current state of affairs. I will advance my manifesto in debate with members who may seek changes, or may oppose it completely.

Nothing below this section can happen without the above section. Whilst I shall not be sitting idly in office while waiting for my mega-reforms to come to fruition, any other plans I have will be hindered if this region is reluctant to embrace my full measure of comprehensive change.

Armed Forces Policy

While I lean invader at times, I have friends on both sides of the aisle and will not attempt to sway any military policy existing currently in the North Pacific. Bar the policy of inactivity. I plan to prune the army, and begin from scratch. Rebuild a command structure that will support a stronger army that will use warzone to our fullest effect. We will broadcast and show pride in our military accomplishments to generate patriotic fever, and over time, a larger more influential army. I shall not hide from invading small inactive regions, nor shall I shy away from working with defenders. I shall leave much policy up to my Minister of the Armed Forces.

Domestic Affairs

There are thousands of nations in this region, there are handfuls on this forum. Three words can describe my feelings when hearing that statistic:

What a shame.

I am passionate that a new forum with reinvigorate nations to re-join, or get involved with a new government. And even if not, we will plow on. Our forums must be constantly advertised and broadcasted on the Regional Message Board. This must be done to the extent that we compete with other region's advertisements. Telegrams are a big part of my agenda aswell. We do not hold the burden of most regions I have worked with where mantaining a population is most of the battle. We cannot afford, and we will allocate more resources to ensuring every nation created get's a telegram inviting them to this forum and why *we* are superior to their userrite counter-offers.

Foreign Affairs

It is imperative that we aggressively expand our list of friends and allies. We need to find like minded regions that are not ideologically dogmatic and position ourselves in a strong center. I feel that we will send an impulse of our presence across the world threatre through a new, strong, and active government.

We need to send out consistent and comprehensive foreign updates that keep our friends eager in knowing the progress of our reform.

Communications

As your Delegate I will make it my utmost priority to keep in constant contact with the citizenry. I am a liberal user of speeches and statements to ensure everyone knows what my government is up to. I shall not shy away from using my podium to advance the issues I am passionate about. And after hearing this speech, your probably not surprised :P

Conclusion:

You all have two options this election. Look around this scattered and abandoned forum and ask "why", or endorse a platform of a new way, a new day, a new prosperity, and bellow the words: Why Not?

Yours, Very Most Sincerely,
FA7AB06DAA068117633A607AF2C214B8.png

Candidate for Delegate

(1) Administration of a forum is always a difficult issue. At least twice personal data has been farmed from TNP forums and posted elsewhere, and threats using such data has caused Real Life upset on a couple of occasions.
So how would you pick a forum administration team?

Given the number of elected delegates who have gone rogue, a popularity vote may not be the best way? If not - who do you trust?

(2) if you have a constitution in hand, will you post it BEFORE the election so that we would know what we are going to get?

My campaign is a campaign of ideas, so even though I will not be on the ballot I can only hope there will be others who consider and use said ideas:

HEM what do you think you can do to improve or change from the work that NK had done as delegate?

NK has held the ship down, and for that he deserves our thanks. He has kept the government stable and the region sound, but the status quo is not a course we should boast of mantaining.

We need a whole new view point running this region. I offer a series of fresh user-rite ideas. Being the founder of a user created region I understand how to create activity from inactivity and how to sustain a fruitful Immigration program to get our forums active.

(1) Administration of a forum is always a difficult issue. At least twice personal data has been farmed from TNP forums and posted elsewhere, and threats using such data has caused Real Life upset on a couple of occasions.
So how would you pick a forum administration team?

I would use a very similar policy that we have in Europeia. Have a Chief Admin, preferably someone who has served as administrator for a long period of time and is still relatively active. The Chief Administrator will appoint one or two other members who are active, loyal and have a good track record of trustworthiness. This list should be liquid to maintain a small but active admin team.

(2) if you have a constitution in hand, will you post it BEFORE the election so that we would know what we are going to get?

My intentions have always been to do this when the real campaigning started. I would be happy to show anyone who asks.

At the request of Dalimbar, off-topic posts have been split from this topic.

The new thread can be found under "nationstates discussions"

Back