A Name, and a Face

HEM

TNPer
I believe that this region may be expecting an explanation for who led the dramatic show of an attempted coup de tat a over the last few days ago. I expect that this region, vigilant and furious is ready to launch a full scale investigation onto who dared infringe upon the sovereignty of a regional government that has stood tall, proud, and strong for years upon years.

Or...perhaps not.

I stand here, fully aware of the repercussions and consequences accept full responsibility for the nation "Innaheil" who endo-tarted his way extremely near to surpassing your elected delegate. I suspect this will come to a great shock and will stun the faithful of this region who have seen me perhaps, not incredibly often, but usually defending this righteous government located at this very forum.

Or...perhaps not.

Many of you will not be surprised at any of the statements I posted above, because most of you were probably not aware of such. If I may pose yet another rhetorical question...how could this be? The North Pacific is not a region riddled with morons and those oblivious to reality. Instead, I have found it to be populated with intelligent and innovative citizens who are capable of wit, humor, and scholarly repose.

This region has been plagued by inane and self centered attempts to change, reform, and destroy the essence of what it means to be North Pacifician. Whether it be by Gatesville puppets, rouge delegates, propped up officials with distorted visions of what this region should be, we have seen quite a bit over the last two years. And I have stood by this region proudly every time, coercing my own region to come along for the ride.

But, none of you have taken advantage of your multiple chances to reform our change. This region has sunk into apathy and blatant uncaring that echos through the eyes and minds of every opportunist in this game. Your democracy sits idle as people forget even whether elections have, should, or will take place.

My coup attempt was not one to craft a region around the image of myself or to establish a regime based around who could kiss my ass the most effectively. Instead, I wanted to create a new brand of democracy that allows for a stable and effective government to welcome new members to it's midst and to start from scratch in terms of precedence and laws.

I sit here humbled. I can only imagine how arrogant my words must seem to those who have invested time, energy and countless hours on this forum. My words must seem ignorant to those who have spent their time here, while I float back and fro depending on the status of my home region.

With my humility in tact, I beleive my intentions were pure. I beleive my position as a successful founder could empower me with the ability to give a shot in the arm to a region as storied as this one. Believe me, the last thing I desire is another psycho-maniac to take over and create a new NPO-esque reign. Also trust me, if they do, I will be right here, by your sides.

This speech didn't turn out quite how I wanted. Trust that I mean not to attack nor demean you. I understand my words are bold from one in my position. But please, consider. I have no offer, I have no demand, I have only words. And I can only hope you consider them.

Hiya, Hem!
You almost made it! For a minute I thought I would have to start tarting like crazy to keep you out of the Big Seat. ;)

Why don't you just run for election?

HEM,

Totally understandable. I've been a little surprised at how little posting has gone on on this forum the last few days. A coup always injects a little excitement into a region. And God knows, this region has seen it's fair share of "excitement". :P

Hiya, Hem!
You almost made it! For a minute I thought I would have to start tarting like crazy to keep you out of the Big Seat. ;)

Why don't you just run for election?
Honestly BGM, I started to lose faith in the system. I really wanted to immediately usher in a new government with a completely new system. I've had a few hours to consider my actions and mulled that your suggestion may have been a better first course.

So, run for office. Silly, HEM.
Well, my reluctance against that was being forced to work within the parameters of a system I believe to be broken. However, after reviewing the replies here I believe that to be the best course of action.

Hi

I'm a bit of a nobody round here but if you reckoned you could do some changes that everyone's happy with I'd vote for you (assuming I'm allowed to).

What's your new system idea? :D

I've read it and think you are a brilliant writer.

The big stand out for me was the forum change. Either a new forum or a big tidy up of this one. Those people who created it undoubtedly did a good job and I'm sure it serves its purpose very well but it does confuse me.

A bit of self advertising seems like another cunning plan

Thank you :)

My big reasoning for want a new forum is to review who should be admin, global mod etc. Obviously we have some very competent and storied admins you who should stay on board, and will. But we also need active vibrant members to make sure administrative tasks are being processed upon demand.

Never thought I'd see the day when this forum became the "old" forum.

EDIT: But judging by the fact that my membership to this forum is almost 5 years old, geeze, I guess it applies. Where has the time gone??

While I do not think that would work quite as well in giving the region a needed shot in the arm, that may be a suitable compromise if we can get commitment from our administrators to remain active.

Creating a new one could seriously save this region. It would jolt people into all joining the new one, rally old members back and entice curious people to get involved.

But in the short term I would be fine with revolutionary restructing for this one.

Maybe knock it back to about 5 or 6 sections - that should cover everything. Then it wont look so intimidating?

(overcoming forum fear)

Back