Administration act 2010

I agree with Flemingovia on this one. I would rather have absentee admins than what this bill proposes. Administration of these forums should be apolitical.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear enough. I disagree with the very idea of the forum administration being under the purview of the legislature in any way, whatsoever. I consider that tradition of separation sacrosanct, and it evolved out of some very annoying regional history.

Okay, then how about you point out which part of this bill puts the administration under the purview of the RA? Which part gives the RA governing rights over the Admins?

I'm waiting.

The RA vote. In essence the RA makes the final decision on administrative members, therefore it has control over the administration to an extent, therefore the administration would come under the purview of the legislature, therefore

The RA vote. In essence the RA makes the final decision on administrative members, therefore it has control over the administration to an extent, therefore the administration would come under the purview of the legislature, therefore
That in no way regulates their conduct and no admin can be removed by the RA. The RA will not nominate anyone, they will merely approve a nominee. Admin conduct and regulation is still under the purview of the admins.

edit: The US Supreme Court isn't controlled by the legislature even though its members are approved by the Senate.

The RA vote does not put the Administration under the control of the RA. The vote is nothing more than a confirmation vote. The RA has no governing right over the Administration, and this bill will not reverse it.

I wasn't talking about conduct, or removal. I do not like the idea of the legislature being involved in deciding who is on the administration team, in any capacity. I don't see how it's hard to understand that I disagree with this bill in its entirety. Seeing as this is the discussion forum, it seemed the right place to lodge my opinion, as is my, and your, wont.

Forum administration should be decided solely by the forum administrators.

edit: The US Supreme Court isn't controlled by the legislature even though its members are approved by the Senate.
Yes, but the legislature can refuse to confirm the nomination, just like the RA would be able to with this bill. Does that not seem like influence exerted to you?
Not unless the RA can tell the admin how to behave every step of the way. No more than reviewing someone applying to college. The college assumes that an accepted student will behave and not get expelled.

Again, you're confusing my point. I object to the RA being involved in the decision making process at all, and that involvement is the proposed Committee and RA vote. I don't know another way I can state that for you to understand. I'm not presenting any new criticisms, I am merely echoing those who stated the position I believe to be right before I could.

(And your analogies are not very representative)

Well the people who put this forward got what they wanted without having to use the legislative process, so they abandoned this discussion. Now everyone can get their proper titles and masks, and thank God for that. :D

If I hear several opinions on voting on this, it would be good. If we vote or table, I'd like to see us move on.

actually, I'm thinking that it may be better to just vote on it, or it will just be proposed again, and debate will die again (unless the proposers want to set this aside)

Back