007mcz.jpg

008wh.jpg

009xj.jpg

016al.jpg

017q.jpg

019bb.jpg

013ij.jpg

It's mostly rainy and rather cool.
Snow falls down to 1000 meters, but it will only be in several weeks that it will come down here (400 meters altitude).

found this on a forum I visit... and you people thought I was bad :P

i think i hit the zenith of my snow stupidity last year in Late Feb when the GGEM showed like 20-30 inches...so i stayed up for the EURO and it also showed 20-30 inches...of course this was a week out. By the time i read all the posts and wired myself down...it was 3:00am. In bed, i couldnt sleep...i kept imagining how incredible a storm like that would be...4:00am...still couldnt sleep...i kept replaying the euro images in my head...4:30--went back down to the computer and did the 6z gfs...still couldnt sleep...so i went to the gym.

I went an entire night without sleeping night NOT the night before the storm but 180 hours out on a computer model that really had no agreement with any other models...

so in a week, when my dream storm became rain, I literally was so depressed that i was thinking about leaving my family for a few days

This is a hard hobby for me

Go meters, liters, centimeters, kilometers, kilograms, grams, liters/100 km, and degree celsius! Go and conquer the Woooooooorld!!!

The funniest thing are miles/gallon. It makes me laugh every time. :P

Try living here... Buy petrol by the litre (metric, like everything in the shops) but then the car (and all the road signes) tells you everything in imperial (miles, mpg, mph, etc)...

Oh and it's raining here. Suprise!

Try living here... Buy petrol by the litre (metric, like everything in the shops) but then the car (and all the road signes) tells you everything in imperial (miles, mpg, mph, etc)...

Oh and it's raining here. Suprise!
yeah the weather in the UK is horrible. I'd enjoy living there if it weren't for the weather I think. Oh yeah and your measurement systems suck :P

NWS:
* A total of 3 to 6 inches of snow and sleet is expected to fall
across the Champlain Valley today into early this evening.

* Gusty winds may accompany the precipitation at times during the
day. Highest gusts will be in areas along the western slopes of the
Green Mountains where gusts of 50 to 60 mph are possible.

This'll be on top of what is already there, which is a few inches. And snow forecast for the next few days! :sub:

But this pic is not in Switzerland, it's in France. The 1100 meter-high Salève.

The next Swiss mountains are far away from here, France is much closer.
Like this for example.

Bild275.jpg

And you meant -32° Celsius?? Holy...

But this pic is not in Switzerland, it's in France. The 1100 meter-high Salève.

The next Swiss mountains are far away from here, France is much closer.
Like this for example.

Bild275.jpg

And you meant -32° Celsius?? Holy...
OMG :tb2: :tb2: :tb2:

And -32F :P

That sort of thing only happens once every winter or two around here obviously. Now we're up to around -10C.

The weather here is more extreme in every way than in Montana. We have whiter snow, wetter rain, blowier wind and thicker fog.

We also have highs and lows of Gnarkles, which you do not even get in Montana.

You have Brian Schweitzer. Gordon Brown could have him in a fair fight. I have it on good authority that Brian Schweitzer fights like a girl.

Another windy day today, and coupled with low temperatures which means...wind chill advisory! -13 degree wind chill right now, and it could get down to -25 later on today.

I hear the governor of North Carolina has declared a state of emergency because they have 30cm of snow. What a wuss. In Yorkshire, England they have had three miles of snot since last July, and you do not see them complaining.

My lights have flickered multiple times in the last half-hour, and I fear I will lose power at some point tonight.

NWS:
High Wind Warning remains in effect until 7 am EST Friday...

The National Weather Service in Burlington continues the High
Wind Warning for the central and northern Green
Mountains... including the western slopes... as well as the southern
Champlain Valley... until 7 am EST Friday.

* East to southeast of 25 to 35 mph with gusts between 55 and 65
mph
will develop around midnight and persist through the pre-
dawn hours on Friday.

Going to be a windy one tonight! And with all the heavy wet snow (6"+("that's what she said")) we got yesterday it looks like there will be massive power outages.

Here in Ottawa, it's finally sunny out for the first time in a week or so. About 18 degrees with a light breeze, which is quite nice.

Back