North Pacific falling population

I am worried inasmuch as NS as a whole is declining, but given the random nature of created nation placement (placement in one of the five Pacifics) our position compared to the other feeders doesn't worry me... there's nothing we can do about it and those rankings will inevitably bounce around.

North Pacific has been in decline for a long time. There are currently only 27 nations in the region.

THE North Pacific goes up and down on an almost weekly basis.

Wow. this is worrying. Especially since we are usually the first place that new players are put. This is bad. :crimsonorderpost:

lol I guess. The probability of a new nation being put into TNP is the same as it is for any other Pacific - we were simply temporarily exceeding this probability but the law of averages has brought us back down.

Doesn't it say something when a thread as trivial as "I Ride You Decide" gets 20 comments but something as critical as the size of TNP only attracts 6 comments?

I don't mean to criticis the humour based threads, it's all about having fun after all isn't it, but the comparison in activity between the two threads above pulls into sharp focus the general apathy and resignation to the stagnation. I personally find this quite alarming.

VP :noangel:

Unlike user-created regions, we can't exactly recruit. It makes sense then for the fun threads to get more posts. They are the ones more likely to bring people to the forum.

The population rises and falls, but The North Pacific remains strong.

On the plus side that theory of JALs is coming into play. You guys appear to be up by all accounts.

Also, check out this:

Europe, population 770
Capitalist Paradise, population 735

We haven't seen numbers like that since Gatesville.

General overall decline in on-line gaming. It should pick up again (that is if everyone doesn't have their computers repossessed because of over extended credit card debt. :P )

I think TNP needs a good gimmick that will draw people to the region and the forum. Or a good kick of the manure pile to stir up the flies. Something like that. Actually, we need to pull off a really good gag that will shake up NS (and be extremely funny at the same time).

We could start a recruitment program in other feeders. Of course we'd have to create a new concept - micro-spam. :lol:

Micro-spam is something I invented in another on-line game - it is a spamming technique in which you never violate the rules about the length of posts in a forum to recruit people to your cause.

It works like this:

You take a long message, divide it up into about 10 or 20 small segments, each segment posted by different people in coordination. A company called Burmashave used the technique back in the 1950's. They would take a poem or ditty (that often had nothing to do with the product) and split it up into little bits. Each bit was placed on a sign and each sign set about 200 feet apart along the side of the road.

Here's an example:

Sign 1: His cheek
Sign 2: Was rough
Sign 3: His chick vamoosed
Sign 4: And now she won't
Sign 5: Come home to roost
Sign 6: Burma-Shave

See: http://www.fiftiesweb.com/burma1.htm

Or one could just post silly little things followed by "The North Pacific" in the same vein as the Burmashave adds of the 50's.

Just think of the semi-novelty of a feeder region recruiting in other feeder regions. :P

Did you see the big flea that's on Lazarus?
Bit its hand and its toe and its arse?
It's bit up its face,
Oh, it's quite a disgrace,
So, not joining our region's quite hazardous!

The North Pacific

It's tacky and would PO people but it would draw people here and stir things up as they try to seek revenge for the bad puns.

Back