September 2009 Nominations

Yes folks, it's that time of the year again. Elections!!! We have these seats ripe for the picking:

1 WA Delegate
1 Vice WA Delegate
1 Speaker of the Assembly
3 CLO Members

You may nominate yourself or somebody else. To be confirmed as a candidate for any position a nominee must be seconded and accept the nomination (if they were nominated by somebody else).

The nomination period will last for 7 days. Nominations will close on September 10, 2009 @ 6:30PM GMT.

The following people have been confirmed as candidates (updated as needed):

WA Delegate

JAL

Vice WA Delegate

Grosseschnauzer

Speaker of the Assembly

Dyr Nasad

CLO

I shall not stand for election to another term as Speaker.

I might run for Vice Delegate, if Ator People decides not to run again for VD.

Right. The changes have been made. We still need at least 3 people for the CLO slots. And maybe another person or two in the rest of the slots just for a little competition.

Though I probably can't win anything, I'd still run to keep the competitive edge going. Helps with activity, makes people pay close attention and remain entertained.

EDIT: I also don't know if this means anything, but I used to be an RA member for about 90 days or so. Should be in the records.

I believe you have to be an RA member at the time of the elections for at least 30 days....but if you apply for the RA, then [I think] that you can run for a CLO seat.

I don't even know what the CLO does. If elected to it my first act would be to quit and suggest we abolish it.

No court ruling yet, but I'm assuming I'm at the two-term limit, so I'll take a powder after this.

I might ask to go for Vice Del just for the sake of competition, and the fact that I can (I think).

We're just waiting for HC to make the announcement Syd. Whatever the case may be, there's nothing anywhere that I can find that says you can't run for a different seat.

We're just waiting for HC to make the announcement Syd. Whatever the case may be, there's nothing anywhere that I can find that says you can't run for a different seat.

Apologies, RL got in the way this weekend. Not to mention finding out I'm going to be made redundant. Great news just as I'm about to go on holiday (tomorrow!). :)

Anyway, it's posted.

Yes you can FEC, and you just, and I mean just, slipped in. Find somebody who will second you though.

And for everybody else, the nomination period is now closed. The actual poll will appear later today after the ballot is finalized.

Looks like I spoke a bit soon. I have to give 3 days before the ballot is up. In any case, the candidates should be making their speeches and rallying their supporters.

Nice to see things haven't changed in the 2+ years I've been away. Still bogged down in red tape!

Yes, but if FEC is elected there will be no mandate, as the nominations would be made outside the legal nomination period.

Back