Nomanslanders

Thyatira

TNPer
There was a vast plain between the entrenched armies of the werewolves and minotaurs. There had been a stalemate for many years, and the plain between was relatively peaceful. The Nomanslanders had mobile villages that would roam the plain in search of what resources had not be devastated in the war.

OOC: *pushes a town hall just to see it slide across Nomansland* :blush:

IC: Grimmwald, the Alpha Werewolf of the 1st Phalanx chased away the mosquitoes circling around his nose that were tormenting his troops day and night and looked across the vast planes covered in mist that seemed embalmed in spider web and growled:

< Damned be this swamp and damned be the heat and to hell with those horned beasts. Wish the winter would come sooner upon us, at least these blood-sucking little bastards will quit tormenting us....grr... I hate the sound of their tiny wings and their stubborn persistence would drive a wolf monk insane and have him chase after them with his bent staff and try to stab them in their tiny eyes>

Grimmwald shook his strong head and turned around to look at his troops scattered through the trenches.

*Grangharr striklai monder van dum!!!* he yelled at Viermee, his servant, who stood up in a hurry and brought him a long spiraled horn.

Grimmwald growled as he took it and Viermee quickly took off, walking backwards and losing himself among the rest of the troops. Grimmwald put the horn to his lips and blew in it, and a long and waving sound spread across the valley. In a few seconds frantic howling broke the awkward silence that had followed the sound of the horn and Grimmwald burst into a chilling laughter:
< The pups are bored as hell also. Tonight we go hunting humans on the other side of the Black Tumul, I'm tired of chewing on bones>

He put the horn down and curled in his small den in the dried river bank they had been using as a fortified position and instructed Viermee to make sure nobody disturbed him unless all hell broke loose or the bitches from the 6th phalanx went into heat ahead of time...

"A horn blast!" bellowed General Khringaar, the largest of the Minotaurs on this perpetual battlefield. "And now that accursed baying! What is that flea-bitten Grimmwald up to now?!"

Khringaar paced in front of the earthworks that served as his command center and his billet. "I must have someone -- something -- small and sneaky. I must have a spy!"

"Gohrthaak!" the General called to a subordinate. "Recruit for us an espion!"

"Yes, m'Lord!"

The tiny gnome, Endyman, clambered on top of a mountain of Werewolf bodies near the Minotaur lines. He peered cautiously at the Minotaurs, and clambered along toward the General..

OOC:

fig_7.jpg

After a painting of Rufus Gideon Carpaciul

The Black Tumul also known as The Devils Hill is a tumulus, a type of burial mound, heaped over the burial chamber of an ancient knight known to the Nomanslanders as Mihnea Dracul who had been laid to rest there after Ottoman horse-archers had planted over five hundred arrows in his body.

The knight, a former prince of Muntenia, had been known for his treacherous and merciless character. As the legend goes he had sold his half-brother to the invading Ottomans in order to secure the throne and had ruled as a puppet Infant King from the age of 9 until reaching the age of ruling upon which he closed the Crown Council in a hall and set it on fire while making the members' families watch from the outside yard. He then soon turned on his Ottoman masters and allied with a Order of Monk Knights but failed to hold on to his throne and was killed in the ensuing battle at the High Bridge, where over 10.000 Monk Knights had been killed in the marsh fields.

He had been buried by the few surviving Monk Knights under the Black Tumul along with his war horse, armor and weaponry and 2.000 slain Turks. It is said black magic was used to curse the place and that he was haunting the hill along with his suite of Ottoman warriors whose souls he had enslaved.

Both sides are using the Black Tumul as a central item of orientation as it was the sole, easily observed high place, dominating the battle field. Usually the Tumul was related to as "left" "right" "ahead of" or "beyond" the Tumul, depending on the side used as origin point.

Gohrthaak sniffed the air.

"Gnome...", he said. Though he couldn't see the diminutive Endyman, Gohrthaak could smell him.

"You!", the bullman called out. "State your business!"

"I need money. I can find out things, secret things. I know you need to know what that horn-call was about. I can find out."

"Money we can provide," said Gohrthaak, not himself entirely sure that was true. "Surely this be an omen. We have need of a spy and you show up offering to be one. We Minotaurs are not known for our ability to sneak..."

OOC: well we will just have to let Grimmwald decide that with his hiding self!

OOC: by all means Ash, bring the woofs in. I'll set-up your entry-scene :bat:

repere_06.jpg

Grimmwald's den in the riverbank . Underneath it, the smaller hole is the entrance to Viermee's den guarding the safety of his master above.

IC: While still sleepy, Grimmwald couldn't help but pick the vibration that alerted his 6th sense and crawled out of his small but warm den. He studied his sleeping troops and saw they were all quiet. The guards were constantly scanning the misty field but didn't seem to feel anything abnormal either.

<Hmn.... perhaps I was wrong but I had the clear sensation we are being watched from somewhere above...and it's not the silly bovines doing it, they couldn't sneak on a deaf turtle without being noticed...>

Grimmwald sniffed the air and stood still while also listening carefully but avoided looking around or showing any signs of what he was doing.
If he tried hard enough he could hear the worms moving around in the earth beneath him or a distant flutter of wings produced by a startled bird but he couldn't pick any threatening signals among the amalgam of sounds, smells and vibrations, except for that weird sensation of being watched he could not escape. He knew his guts had almost never failed him, so he decided to start watching too. Weird enough, he had the distinct feeling that the presence he felt was not a menacing one.

He giggled <Holy Loup Garou, my dear mother must have rolled in the dirt with some stinking foxes. Now let's see how much of their deception skills I have inherited>

Grimmwald called Viermee to him: "Ask the black ones from Transylvania to scatter and move in the woods like they were searching for firewood and tell them that whatever happens they are to stand their ground but not attack unless attacked. They are to carry only the light axes and some of them should carry ropes.
Tell Hrym we might have to catch a spy and also tell him that if he cannot control his dogs and they will kill it, I will feed him his own liver and I'll also have him tell me how good it tasted before I break his spine. The others are to keep at what they are doing but stay alert. Nobody moves without my saying so. Go now!"

Grimmwald bent his knees and leaned against a watch tower pretending to rest thus also avoiding to stand out through his huge stature. He felt a slight shiver and a blood rush that made him put a huge smile inside while blocking a growl of satisfaction that could have easily turned into a howl: he loved hunting even when he had no idea if the prey was not in fact hunting him.

This time though it somehow felt like a game but Grimmwald knew all too well that the only way to keep his head in times of war was to strike first and ask questions later...

OOC - sorry but i like to introduce my own characters my way

IC -

Grylia calmly hunted the rabbit in woods far from the riverbank. she still had to work up the courage to face the wolves after 15 yrs of being away. she was sure that the ruthless strong willed leader would never understand everything she had been thru for those years. she had formed an unholy alliance as a child and was now unable to forget her feelings. she was unable to face those she belonged with for she felt she belonged no where.

after catching the rabbit she heard a noise not far from her location.

<who is there?>

OOC - no worries, I thought you were asking for one but if I get a piece of that rabbit you're hunting I'll forgive ya :yes:

IC: Grimmwald struggled to keep all his senses alert and tried to pierce beyond the wall of trees and thick underbrush spreading for miles above the river bank. Although the woods were nowhere near as wild and dark as the black fir forests he had grown up in his home lands, he knew that if someone or something wanted to hide in them he would probably have to mobilize half of the army facing the minotaurs to brush them and that was just not going to happen, no matter how much the supreme commander Skoll had respected him. Acting on a hunch on such a scale hehe Skoll would reject the idea and it wasn't really what was expected of a commanding officer of his stature. He chased that appealing but senseless idea away and turned his thoughts to Skoll:

Everybody saw him as the second in command of the huge force known as 'Alptraumheer' (translators note > ~ Nightmare Army) and some even muttered about him being more capable to assume the supreme command but Grimmwald was happy to accept operative command when asked to or when he asked for it and get rid of all the annoying responsibilities of a supreme officer. Skoll was indirectly his uncle from one of the oldest bloodlines which the Grimmwalds clan had united and he had always acted more like a father ever since he first traveled to see the youngest offspring of the Ragnarok Clan in Ironwood, Grimmwalds place of birth in Cisleithanien. He had given him the first real lessons in pack hunting and guided his first steps towards becoming a dog of war. Grimmwald had never forgotten that and had no aspirations of taking Skolls place, at least not yet and if possible not by a violent coup. He enjoyed knowing that some older officers looked up to him and some even acknowledged his superior understanding of the pack compared to Skoll's, but he also knew very well that the time for him to accede to the highest military honor possible had yet to come and that he needed a united and satisfied pack behind him at that time and not fractions of supporters, enemies and neutrals. He knew that would mean slaughtering his own kind to secure the power and he rejected that idea.

Grimmwald blinked and chased away the memories and thoughts passing before his eyes and started watching the Transylvanian infantry marching across the upper side of the bank in apparent disorder and seemingly very preoccupied with gathering the best fire-wood in the world but he could easily feel their tension <Hm...if I can feel that from down here, an observer who was hiding and attempting to escape our attention will also feel it and take off before we could trap or startle it.>

He realized that whatever had been spying on them was gone before his troops tried to close in and identify it so he threw a short but very low growl and saw Hrym, the commander of the Transylvanian wolves, stop and acknowledge his order. The dog soldiers slowly changed direction and chose different return paths so that an untrained eye would not have realized they had given up a chase and were returning. <They did that well, I should ask them to come at my sisters wedding and chase the young bitches and no one would know what they were doing>. Grimmwald laughed and Viermee looked at him in surprise as he had expected to see anger and fury and probably become the object thereof but Grimmwald patted him on the shoulder and said: "It couldn't be helped, make sure the troops are ready for tonight. No rations are to be distributed, I need them hungry and stirred when we hit the Nomanslanders, nobody should think the dog warriors are here to play war> Grimmwald snorted and changed direction toward a group of low-ranking officers he had personally hand-picked from a small and modest Clan in a Northern Province, who were in charge of intelligence and special operations and who were instructed to keep a low profile at all times...

IC:

quietly moves thru the woods to the riverbed careful not to startle the retreating wolves, she had seen this tactic used once before and was used to sneaking up behind. the problem was she could never blend in with them. she watched them in amazement, these weren't the wolves she remembered. their black fir was rough and full of burrs and other forest debree where as hers was as white as the moon and glistened silver when wet. she carefully awaited them to get back into their respective positions and knew that Khringaar would need to know how many their were. she fought temporarily with her conscious. these arent the wolves i once lived amongst, they mean nothing to me. they are wolves nonetheless and your own kind my kind betrayed me i cannot go back what do you expect for all the trouble you became

"enough" she said the word aloud to quiet her thoughts

she immediately hushed when a menacing rough burr filled wolf gazed her way. she quickly ducked behind the bush and thankfull that the wind was pushing her scent behind her remained deathly still. she knew if they spotted her she would be dead in less than a day.

A big fat mosquito landed on Grimmwald's nose and started to scrub its head. It had filled itself with wolf blood and it seemed to find the promontory it had landed on as an attractive place for its siesta. Grimmwald crossed his yellow eyes and looked at it curiously <I wonder if you could be trained, little bastard> Grimmwald snorted and wrinkled his muzzle in a grin, making the tiny vampire insect take off in a sloppy manner and watched it as it flew into the marshes, hovering into the air like a flying machine lead by a driver dizzy on ale <I'd send you over to the grazers and have you bite Gohrthaak on the pink truffle he calls a nose just to see him gracefully hop all over the place>. That thought cheered the Alpha Wolf up as he strolled over to the Northerners, balancing his bushy tail from one side to the other, making him look like a careless pup meeting his mother in front of a den.

He sat by the seven Northerners after nodding them to not get up. He paused for a little while, feeling their weird eyes pinned on him and sensing their awaiting shiver although not one single hair had moved on their strong bodies. <By my fathers tail, those eyes are creepy> Grimmwald thought to himself <such an odd light blue, almost silver, white and green all mixed together and that tiny black and oval pupil are not natural. And their coats...they have adapted, yeah and the color is a light grey now after a few generations but they used to be white...I should know, I knew one once...probably the last of this breed. Good thing to have in the winter heh but so odd. Hm I think I will never grow accustomed to having their colorless eyes thrust into mine uh. No wonder some wolves were not happy when my father rescued the remains of their Clan from certain death and brought them to Ragnarok> . But Grimmwald knew the seven were the most reliable soldiers he had. They were simple, yet very insightful, loyal to him to the death, didn't talk much and were able to keep their temper even when the world was being turned to ashes around them. Perfect, silent killers he could almost use as if they were inanimate. It was like throwing an arrow at a bird and not having to wonder if it would hesitate before piercing its heart, you only had to set it on the right course. They were happy to live or die for him, for the special missions they were trusted with, and that meant a lot, although Grimmwald was not too sure that they could actually be happy, or sad or angry. They waited silently, looking at him as if there was nothing else around them. Eight dark silhouettes sitting head to head like a council of mute elders. He decided to speak:

"Something or someone has been watching, spying on us. I am very sure of that. I hoped I could find out what it was by sending the regulars in, but you saw that didn't work too well. I am sure that someone has avoided being dug out by that tactic so that means they know what they are doing or have seen that before." Grimmwald thought for a moment about sharing his suspicions with them, that the presence he had felt was not an enemy but rather one of their kind and that hunting it down seemed more like a game to him, a competition between him and the hidden spy instead of a bloody business of taking out an enemy and moving on. Yet he avoided doing it, they did not have to know it. All they needed to know was what their task was. Grimmwald would have trusted them with stealing a child from its mothers breast without her noticing it, so he resumed, this time focusing his attention mostly on Haati, the commander of this small but lethal group. "I want you to sneak in the woods and capture it. Try not to harm it unless you have to but try not to kill it. I want it brought to me in one piece and if possible able to spit its guts. We need to know if the grazers are spying on us. How you do it is your choice. Onnellinen metsästää!" After wishing them 'happy hunting' in their native dialect, Grimmwald stood up and so did they. He watched each and every one of them again, with a circling gaze, and nodded, moving away toward the lower side of the bank, seeing the tip of the Black Tumul growing larger in the distance as he approached the sand wall overgrown with huge weeds. He wasn't sure if the strangers eyes were still watching them and he wanted to avoid giving it any chance to know what was coming. He leaned against the same watch-tower he had used as cover before and started chewing on a minotaur bone, his fangs nibbling on the massive femur of the vanquished bull, trying to unload on the bone the hunting frenzy that was taking over him. He kept a good corridor open for him to be able to see how the seven Northerners would go about starting their mission....

Haati watched his master move away and waited for him to disappear beyond a bend of the sandy bank before turning his eyes to his brothers. "Alright, we know what we have to do. If musta isäntä [trad. note - the black master - the name that the Northerners had been using when referring to Grimmwalds father and that had been passed on to Grimmwald himself as the son of their saviour] has felt the presence, it must be there and we will find it, track it down and bring it to Him or die trying. Geirrodur, you take Uroc and Ulfrin and make your way into the woods. Identify the presence but keep out of sight. When you have, climb up and sleep. Me and Rime will follow within a bulls agony [expl.note - time measurement unit describing ~ 10 minutes originating in the period a minotaur needed to die by strangulation. Northerners had been used for a long time as prisoner executioners in the wars the werewolves were fighting] Yimir will follow us in half of that and act as back-up. We will meet up below you and let ourselves be seen. After a while we will head back with Yimir hiding in our path in the underbrush. When the presence will close on us to observe you fall on its back. Yimir will engage from the front. Strangle it until it goes soft. When you fall on it howl and we will hurry in. Onnellinen metsästää!"

With that, Haati stood up and walked away followed by Yimir and Rime, the three making their way through the trenches and soon moving out of sight. Geirrodur, Uroc and Ulfrin seemed to disappear instantly, as if the earth had swallowed them. Anyone watching them would have lost their sight in a blink and would have thought nothing had been there in the first place. They started crawling through the long, yellowish grass toward the woods and when they reached the underbrush they accelerated their pace with all their over-developed senses alert, moving forward like shadows, always against the wind and not making any noise. Uroc was the first to spot the white wolf on a higher ridge to his left and froze. At first he had just guessed its presence there, stretched on a log, but the white of the fur stung his eyes painfully. The other two stopped as well and followed his colorless gaze, identifying the target. They slid to the right and when they found a good place they quickly climbed up in the trees, pressing their bodies against the bark and fading in the growing darkness.

Shortly after, Haati and Rime appeared from the bush. They were walking on the hind legs and looked like they were tracking. After sensing their brothers in the trees they stopped at a fair distance, looked around for a while then turned and went back after urinating on a huge fallen trunk, agonizingly slow for the airborne hunters who were hugging their trees. The three were barely breathing as the white fur started to move on the trail of Haati and Rime. They allowed it to pass under their trees and then Uroc leaped like a big owl. Within a fraction of a second, the other two launched themselves too. Uroc fell on the the white wolf with the full weight of his massive body, throwing it on its back with a twisting powerful move that catapulted Uroc a few feet away off his trajectory, going through the young underbrush like a cannonball, while Geirrodur and Ulfrin landed. The first touched the ground and jumped on the white wolf and closed his huge paw on its neck while Ulfrin flung a devastating blow at its stomach that pumped the air out of the white wolf's chest with an oooffing sound. Yimir closed in from the underbrush and twisted the victims upper limbs above its head while Geirrodur 's grip was tightening. By the time Haati reached them, the job had been done and the white wolf was hanging like a soft cloth. They tied the spy's body with ropes and started along the trail, back to the river bank. The few birds who had been disturbed by the short struggle barely made any noise and cuddled back to sleep in their feathered blankets.

Grimmwald was sniffing the air nervously and kept looking at the underbrush, hardly managing to hide his agitation. The light had dimmed away and a bloody dusk was coming down upon the river bank, as a thick layer of mist covered the moist plains in front of him. Viermee was walking the same short path for the 50th time at the side of his master, his tail sweeping the dirt and his pointy ears laid back, but Grimmwald seemed to not be bothered by the annoying pendulum of his servant.

When he saw the seven Northerners slowly descend to the bank, carrying their odd load between them, Grimmwald gasped for air and stood up: <I am either having odd visions or they are bringing us a ghost...that is a white wolf> Viermee had stopped his circling and watched the scene with wide-open eyes. An electric silence began, as the dog soldiers started to stand up and following Grimmwalds and Viermees eyes, saw the descending cortege. Short barking in high notes broke loose after a few seconds and the troops started to climb the sandy bank to welcome the successfully returning party. Nocturnal birds took off in a hurry, startled by the sonic outburst while the small Pipistrelle bats, seemingly not disturbed at all by the wolfish concert, were chasing the fat bugs in the fresh air of the fallen night, in unpredictable, criss-crossing paths, a few feet above the head of the cheering pack. Fires began lighting the bank as the seven approached with their precious prisoner.

OOC: very good work i believe that will be difficult to outdo

IC:

When Grylia awoke she was surrounded by wolves. she couldn't see them for her vision was blurry, but she could hear and smell them. she hadn't thought the leader would discover her spying but she should have known that he was ruthless enough to attack a lone wolf with none other than SEVEN northerners. she was furious at her bad insight!

she didn't know what to do, she had adopted Khringaar as her adoptive father after the incident that left her mother destroyed! Khringaar had spared her life, in return he had sent her on small missions, but never anything as dangerous as this. it was unholy for a wolf to align themselves with a minotaur but she had been but a cub when she was found. her mother had tried to protect her to keep her from death as her siblings had been killed shortly after being born. she slowly looked up to see the crowd that had gathered, she knew she was a sight to behold since none of them save the seven who had captured her even remotely resembled the wolves of her youth!

her father had spoke of going underground at one point knowing the war would eventually tear the world into two different kingdoms and that the time of the white wolf would end. she dreamed of one day finding him... but for now she needed to bide her time. since she was of their kind they most likely didn't assume she reported to Khringaar. in fact she hadn't made a report in nearly 3 months. once you were on this side it was hard to slip out.

her side hurt terribly but her vision was slowly returning, she could hear them discussing her as an idol instead of an enemy, something to be protected instead of harmed. why had she been afraid to return, for they seemed to care for their own kind no matter how extinct she was supposed to be. for with her the time of the white wolfs strengths could combine with the adapted wolves color making the ultimate weapon in this endless war! she hoped that the leader did not realize this and slowly stood to face him with confidence and a strength she didn't possess.

<As the sun falls over the horizon, the dawn-wolf shall rise again>...the ending of a legend called Borealis that Ruthven, Grimmwalds carer as a pup, used to tell him as a story when the whimpering of the wolf infant would become too much for her to bear with. Ruthven was a Northerner female his father had chosen to take care of him when he was not at his mothers side and she had dedicated herself to the black pup as if he had been her own. The other pup-carers in Ragnarok watched her with suspicion because of the short, bristled stripe on her back that was still white as snow, remnant of her ancestors silvery coats, but Grimmwald had loved her more than any other wolf in the world. That last sentence he had heard so many times kept circling his mind and Grimmwald could not help but feel it sounded like a prophecy come true.

The Legend spoke about the white wolves of Gurahl who were a quintessence of the best lupine features but who would disappear from among those of their kind, only to reappear shortly before the dawn of time as messengers of the apocalypse. Grimmwald had never understood if the white ones were supposed to help the wolves survive the dark times ahead or signal their doom but since it was just a story his nanny had used to put him to sleep, he never bothered looking for the answer to the question the story had left open. He realized he was not the only wolf familiar with that legend. His dogs of war were elbowing one another and curiously studying the ghostly appearance and Grimmwald saw a mixture of curiosity, reverence and amazement enveloping the gathered pack of the 1st Phalanx.

As the seven Northerners entered the fortified bank and put down their awkward load, a thick circle of dogs with their ears pulled back had pinned their narrowing eyes on it, speaking in low voices and holding their tails parallel to the ground, still somewhat suspicious but mesmerized by the presence of the white fur. Viermee was still frozen at his side and seeing the expression on his face cheered Grimmwald up. His servant looked like a pup who had seen a squirrel for the first time in his life and Grimmwald wasn't too sure that had he bent over a pool of water, the reflection of his own face would have been much more different from Viermees. He sniffed shortly, inhaling the air through his trembling nostrils and knew right away that his captive was a female.

"Give her some air, you bunch of curious puppies. Prisoners must be treated with respect!" Grimmwald growled, and the thick circle that was almost smothering the seven Northerners who were closed on their captive like dark columns quickly grew wider, leaving some 20 feet between the first row of curious werewolves and the object of their proverbial curiosity. The dogs were grinning in amusement at Grimmwalds remark, as the werewolves were famous for their cruelty toward intruders, when the safety of the pack was at stake. No spy that had been caught, ever lived long enough to tell the story of his captivity. <Heh...I feel like a mother telling her pups to behave and not step on eachother when seeing the first fresh kill brought to them> snorted Grimmwald approaching the circle, as a respectful breach quickly formed to allow his passage. He heard Viermees tip-toeing behind him and was almost tempted to turn around and go 'Boo!'. He was sure Viermee would have leaped over the sandy bank, scared to death but he focused instead on the captured spy who was laid down in the grass and the white fur that was throwing icy reflexes as the light from the camp fires fell upon it. He saw the prisoner was conscious and was studying the surrounding in a seemingly calm manner.

Grimmwald sneaked his first look from up-close at his captive and felt his heart double its pace. The white female was more beautiful then anything he had ever seen. He could not see her body well as the Northerners had tied her up thoroughly and she was enveloped in knots like a hedge-hog, but he couldn't take his eyes off her face, her graceful neck and the smooth lines which framed her head. Her coat was glowing like a silvery mist and Grimmwald could not help prevent his lower lip from drawing back in a silly grin of amazement and fascination. <All that is missing now is that you drool over the prisoner that was spying on you and your pack> Grimmwald thought to himself, quickly regaining control over his expression.

He signaled Haati to lift her up and remove some of the heavy securing knots that made her look like a mummy. She could run nowhere now and Grimmwald had the feeling she wasn't planning on doing that, either. Haati nodded and helped by Uroc pulled the white female up, keeping just her upper limbs tight behind her back. Grimmwald saw that Haati had placed his right leg sideways of the prisoner, ready to intercept a possible leap and that Ulfrin had moved at his left, apparently absent-minded but Grimmwald knew that at any attempt of the stranger to attack him, the Northerner would act as shield and step between his master and the menace in front of him. The Northerners were not comfortable with him being so close to the captive but Grimmwald was perfectly capable of defending himself against any surprise attack. The care of his seven warriors for his safety reminded him how important the pack was for any wolf, Alpha Male or not.

He leaned his neck and sniffed the white female from near and then pinned his yellow, cruel eyes in hers, and spoke in a lazy paced tone. "Well, I gather you were keen on watching us but not so much on meeting up this close..." The circle of warriors snorted in amusement as they had seen Grimmwald calmly and politely interrogate prisoners on numerous counts, before ordering them killed. They themselves knew that Grimmwalds cold and calm voice was much more chilling then the foaming fury other officers were unleashing on a captured prisoner when it was brought before them for questioning. This time however, their Commander seemed genuinely relaxed and friendly, so their curiosity grew and they pinned their eyes on the white female, waiting to see what was coming next.

Grimmwald still held his eyes pinned penetratingly in the female's, his legged stiff and tall, his tail vertical and his ears erect and forward. He had adopted a dominant attitude instinctively but his voice kept calm and low, with a certain softness that was diminishing the metallic reflexes he used almost at all times as a wolf accustomed to command. "Who are you, where are you coming from and why were you watching us?" The shadows thrown by the camp fires were dancing like mad on their faces, as the wind started blowing from the Black Tumul and they were again silent. Their eyes were glittering in the penumbra and seen from above the whole gathering looked like a perfect circle of gems spoiled by a few scattered ones in its middle and a spill of milk. Grimmwald had voiced directly the questions that were haunting his entire pack and now he, along with them, were waiting to hear the ghostly figure speak for the first time...

OOC: that was amazingly detailed.....

IC:

Grylia's voice held a calmness not showing any emotion, no fear, no anger, no remorse for her actions. i am Grylia, i do not know why i am here, i was enjoying a nice moon bath when your... Grylia slowly nodded toward the seven that captured her mercenaries attacked me

Grylia carefully summed up the leader. his voice held a calmness unbefitting an interrogator. < i should fear him > she thought silently to herself < but it is difficult to fear that which feared her > she noticed that they did indeed seem to fear her and she wondered why.

she eyed the leader carefully, he was indeed the alpha male she could tell by the way the others followed his orders to the letter and how they quickly moved out of his way. she didnt want to reveal too much so she didnt say another word while the leader of the pack watched her every move. she felt like she was on trial for treason. only she knew that thats what this should be and it would stay that way.

one thing her mother had taught her before the adaptive ones (that was what her kind called the darker colored wolves) killed her for no apparent reason, was that if you showed no emotion you could weasel yourself out of any situation. her silvery blue eyes carefully studied the leaders and awaited either an apology or a word of death. she prayed it would be the former.

only one person knew her eyes changed depending on her actual emotions, they were the tattle tail that she was lying and she hoped the leader didnt notice even for a second that her eyes would switch among three different colors depending on the emotion brought on.

currently they were silvery blue, but they tended to switch to either extreme randomly. one minute they would be silver, the next pacific blue.... but when it was both she was torn. she knew that upon her discovery things would change, but she didnt know what. she had prayed for years upon a peace between the two rivals, but it appeared that was going to be impossible, if she didnt report back soon things would turn ugly and she knew it!

Back