Lottery

Article

I'm running a lottery. 0.5 Gold per ticket. 1 in 20 chance of winning. The details are below if you are interested.

I'd like you guys to get involved with this as much as possible, to show that it's legit etc.

Latest Article in my Paper:
header.jpg

Lottery

I have had fairly positive feedback about the lottery I mentioned yesterday, both in the comments and on IRC. I have decided on the details.

Each ticket will cost 0.5 Gold. For the first draw I will sell 20 tickets. I will keep 5% of the the total ticket sales. If only 10 tickets are bought, I will keep 5% of this. If only tickets 1 to 10 are bought and the winning ticket is drawn as 15 for example, then I keep all of the money.

I am intending using random.org to pick the numbers.

Write a comment on this article saying which ticket(s) you intend to buy, I will write the following contract on the forum, and then you pay me. The draw will be in one weeks time, at approximately 21:00 GMT on the 10th of June, 2009.

If you intend playing the lottery, please read through the entire following.

-------------

Sample Contract

The following is an agreement between Kid A and [[Ticket Purchaser's Name]] (hereafter known as the Client.

The Client has agreed to pay Kid A 0.5 Gold for each of the following number(s), X, Y, Z (Note, as many numbers as you want to purchase go here). The Clients total bill amounts to X Gold.

Each of these numbers represents a 1 in 20 chance of the Client winning the prize money from Kid A.

The prize money is based upon the amount of numbers sold. Every number that is sold contributes to the total prize money. Kid A will keep a commission of 5% for every number sold. If one number is sold in total at 0.5 Gold, and that number wins, the total prize money will be 0.475 Gold, rounded up to 0.48 Gold.

If 20 tickets are sold at 0.5 Gold each, the prize money will be 9.5 Gold. The prize money will always be 95% of the value of all tickets sold.

Should the prize money be calculated to be 3 decimal places or more, the following system will be used to round the number off. If the number is between 1.000 and 1.004 (inclusive), the number will be rounded off to 1.00. If the number is between 1.005 and 1.010 (inclusive), the number will be rounded off to 1.01. These numbers are for illustration purposes only.

Kid A will make a random selection of a number between 1 and 20 (inclusive) using the website: www.random.org , to randomly generate the number. The person who has selected this number will win the Prize Money.

Numbers that are not payed for are known hereafter as Non-Purchased Ticket(s).

The time 21:00 GMT, 10th June, 2009 is hereafter known as The Draw Time.

If the Client has not payed Kid A 0.5 Gold for each number he has selected by the draw time, s/he understands that the number that s/he chose does not belong to him/her, and that it will be counted as a Non-Purchased Ticket.

The Client understands that if s/he has only paid a partial amount of their bill by the draw time, then the numbers which are numerically lowest that s/he has paid for will count as their numbers. Any partially paid for tickets count as Non-Purchased Tickets. The partial payment will be returned to the Client by Kid A after the draw has taken place.

The Gold that is the partial payment of the ticket will not be used in the calculations of the Prize Money.

The Client recognises that by agreeing to this contract he is placing his trust in Kid A. The Client promises that he will not accuse Kid A of being in any way biased when choosing the winning number.

The Client recognises that s/he may not be the winner and that another client may win the Prize Money.

The Client also recognises that any number that is not purchased by the draw time, is also eligible to be the winning number, and that if it is picked, the prize money will not be given out.

The Client recognises that when s/he completes the payment for a ticket, that Gold will not be returned to the Client. The only reason Kid A has for sending Gold to the Client is if s/he wins the Prize Money.

If the contract is broken by either sides, the exchanged properties will be returned to their previous owners, if such an action is possible. This is also valid in case the parties that break the contract are permanently banned, or their properties are impounded, or the citizen that signed the contract dies. The parties that break the contract will also receive a three day ban.
If the contract is modified by either sides, or one of the signatures is modified, the exchanged properties will be returned to their previous owners, if such an action is possible. The parties that have modified the contract or signature will also receive a three day ban.

However, it must be noted that Kid A is under no obligation to pay the Client any Gold unless they have fully payed for the winning number, of if they have partially paid for a ticket. If the Admin feels that Kid A is being biased in choosing the winning number, Admin can impose the above punishments on Kid A.

If Kid A has not made an announcement of the winner 48 hours (to allow for unexpected real life complications) after the Draw Time, the Admin can impose the above punishments on Kid A.

If both parties agree to this contract, they will post the following "I agree to this Contract and it's terms." as well as posting the entire body of this contract in their post.

---------------

Please note that this is a sample contract and holds no obligations to anybody.

So, once more, let me cover what you have to do.

1) Post a comment on this article, clearing stating which tickets you intend to purchase. If you have any modifications or clarifications, please make them in a subsequent comment.
2) I will post the above contract in a thread called "Contract between Kid A and all Lottery Customers for week 03/06/09 to 10/06/09". This thread hasn't been made yet so don't go looking for it.
3) I sign the contract.
4) You sign the contract.
5) You pay me 0.5 Gold for each ticket.
6) On 21:00, 10th June, 2009, GMT, I will draw a winning number, announce the winner, and send the prize money to the winner.

The thread in the Contracts section will look like this.

My post:

-- List of Lottery Players and their Numbers --
-- Contract between me and the first player --

First reply:

-- Contract between me and the first player and my signature --

Second Reply

-- Contract between me and the first player and first players' signature --

Third Reply

-- Contract between me and the second player and my signature --

Fourth Reply

-- Contract between me and the second player and second players' signature --

And so on.

I know it seems like I went into a lot of unneccssary detail here, but I just wanted everything to be clear and to make sure there are no ambiguous points which could haunt me later. If you spot any flaws in any of the above, feel free to contact me.

This system is based on you trusting me. If you sign the contract, you are saying you trust me and you accept the outcome of the lottery. If you don't trust me, don't play.

Thanks for reading all of this.

MDH

Back