Chief Justice vacancy

It is my duty to announce that Gracius Maximus has formally gone inactive in NS at some point in the last two weeks, and is therefore, no longer eligible to serve as Chief Justice.

His TNP nation of record, Gracius Maximus, has CTE'd.

I am in discussion with Sydia about how to proceed, since this invalidated GM's confirmation for a second term as Chief Justice.

He's lost RA status with the CTE. And I checked his WA nation (which is in another region, and it was active within the past day or so. This came to our attention because Sniffles noticed that GM hadn't signed in since the 16th, and he was within a couple of days of coming within the removal dur to inactivity ptovisions.

There will be a special election, it is a matter of whether we follow the special election under the inactivity provision, or have a open contest for the seat.

FALCONKATS, you do need to posty your oath of office as a Justice before you can be remasked.

I have reviewed the TNP governing documents, and have concluded that a special election needs to be held. Law 28 treats the CTE status of a RA member's TNP nation as a form of inactivity. GM is removed from the RA on that basis; which also results in GM's removal as Chief Justice-elect since he is no longer an RA member.

At this point it will be up to the Delegate to appoint an Election Commissioner for the special election.

Since an EC is also necessary to be in place by Thursday, for the general election cycle that starts on Friday, May 1, I recommend to the Delegate that the special election be held in conjunction with the general election.

Back