TNP/NS Marketing

Tresville

TNPer
A few months ago I posted in regards to a NS Convention to resurrect and improve the game. I never initiated it because a week later I was informed that those discussions were already ongoing in Jolt. In that thread I mentioned advertising NS to bring players in. What I didn't discuss publically (but did privatly with others) was that we (players) could advertise for NS but also specifically to Regions like TNP and TP.

I asked the NS MODS in regards to this just to see if we had permission to use NS images in advertisement. The reply was positive. I will post it tonight if I can find it.

Govindia said this:
What I can also do is, if a brief is prepared, spread TNP and NS to the XBL community through the forums I am in. The audience I would be posting this to would be in an area that are viewed by nearly HUNDREDS of people, possibly far more

Anyone else have ideas like this? Mention places we can advertise or any productive marketing strategies we can use please.

I could make a steam group, which would be similar to what Gov discussed, although there are thousands of them and I'm not sure how much attention it would get.

It probably wouldn't be something to make unless I already found some NSers using Steam.

Ok. So suggestions so far on where to advertise is:
Steam Group
XBL community
Myspace
Facebook

Once we have a set number of places that we agree will be fruitful in recruiting players.....I will grab a few graphic artists and work on creating multiple images (Animated Gifs, Flags, NS pics) with Hyperlinks to NS/TNP and the forum.

We can place these in Blogs, forum sigs, facebook, myspace, etc. Pretty much where ever u frequent that we can advertise.

I am sure there are many other ideas that are missing. Like a Iphone/G1 App. For example, you upload the app which simply takes you to your NS nation and logs u in. Just an idea....i do not know how feasible this is...but we can surely find out. You know people...I know people...people know other people....lol

Ok. So suggestions so far are as far as where to advertise is:
Steam Group
XBL community
Myspace
Facebook

Know very little about it, but what about Twitter? After Ashton Kutchner and CNN's showdown last week to get to 1 million followers. there's got to be something there somewhere.

Was waiting for someone to say that!! lol

I honestly have heard of it, know what it is...but I have yet to check it out. I'll add that to the list.

Twitter is basically the status update feature of facebook. You get 140 characters to say whatever crosses your mind. It is garbage for people who want every one of their friends to know they just ate a taco or some equally trivial thing.

Edit: "Mini-blogging" could describe it, also.

Just in this last week --

Twitter was used by Phil Khoegan and then CBS, to confirm that The Amazing Race is being renewed for a 15th edition to air this fall. (That one made the news services, especially as CBS also sent out a Twitter.

Lance Armstrong used a Twitter today to let eberyone know that the dispute with WADA had been resolved.

CNN is using to send out "Breaking News."

Even without using it, it would seem to be a way to co-ordinate NS movements in game play if nothing else. But what do I know? I'm just a schnauzer!

You subscribe to people's twitters, otherwise you don't see them. So if you wanted to use it as an advertisement tool you'd be advertising to just your friends, who probably already got pestered to join this game before twitter even existed.

All of the examples you cite are famous people or organizations, who have such a large following on twitter because they have an existing fan base already.

Even without using it, it would seem to be a way to co-ordinate NS movements in game play if nothing else.

z13.invisionfree.com/tnp?

You subscribe to people's twitters, otherwise you don't see them. So if you wanted to use it as an advertisement tool you'd be advertising to just your friends, who probably already got pestered to join this game before twitter even existed.
Is there no way to invite people to become subscribers? Just send out loads of invites...

MDH

Twitter would be less useful as a marketing tool and more useful as a game news service.

Regarding a G1 app....I could make that happen if there was enough interest.

An iPhone app sounds great.

What about officially advertising TNP in-game? Anyone know how much Max charges for those ad banners that are popping up around NationStates now? Since we're a huge contribution to his game...we could go for a discount...

That type of advertising in game would be a waste of money honestly. Just means we are too lazy to recruit...we are a feeder so we cant recruit in other feeders anyway...only by tg.

I did have an idea about creating a "City" region called Magicality City. That region would use this forum, would be our capital city and WA's would only have to support the TNP Delegate during election time. This allows us to recruit in feeders...bring people to the forum and have WA support without depending on any external help. Just an idea...still needs to be developed...i didn't want to drop it to early.

Yes I know...it could end up like The Lexicon or SOS....but if we do it right...we wont have to worry about that....we reap what we sow...we would have to treat people from that region like regular TNP citizens..make them proud of TNP and their City Region.

I am placing the suggestions in this thread up for a vote in approximately 24hrs. Any additions please post now before this thread is closed.

Back