Criminal Complaint

After careful consideration, I, the Attorney General of the North Pacific has irrefutable evidence of a plot to overthrow the government by Blue Wolf II.

The laws believed to be broken are the following:

TNP LAW 22
Enumeration of Prohibited Acts

Section 1: Treason
A - "Treason" is defined as taking arms or providing material support to a group or region for the purpose of undermining or overthrowing the lawful government of The North Pacific or any of its treatied allied groups and regions as governed by the Constitution.

Section 3: Sedition
A - "Sedition" is defined as an intentional attempt on the official forums or within the NationStates region "The North Pacific" to incite the Nations of The North Pacific to revolt in a manner not sanctioned by the Constitution.

It is through these actions that Blue Wolf II, has also broken his oath seen here:

Blue Wolf II:
I, Blue Wolf II, as the leader of The North Pacific nation of Blue Wolf II, pledge loyalty to the Constitution, Bill of Rights and Laws of The North Pacific Region, and to act as a responsible member of its society. I understand that if my Nation leaves The North Pacific region for reasons other than for official government business, that I may be stripped of my right to vote and required to reapply. I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific. I understand that my registration of, or attempt to register, multiple Nations to vote in The North Pacific shall warrant the summary withdrawal of my right to vote from all my Nations, past, present, and future, as well as possible expulsion from the Region. I further understand that if any nation under my control directly wages war against the North Pacific, or allies themselves with a region waging war, declared or not, against the North Pacific, this shall warrant the summary withdrawal of my right to vote from all my Nations, past, present, and future, as well as possible expulsion from the Region. In this manner, I petition the Speaker of The Regional Assembly of The North Pacific region for renewal of membership in the Regional Assembly.

Because of the sensitive nature of the evidence, I can only provide it through PM at the Justice's request.

As such I request immediate proceedings at the behest of the Chief Justice.

Uh, point of order, isn't this all very much related to the topic at hand?
This is about the Court's decision on moving forward with the charges, the question of your defense and any other petitions are subjects of another topic or hell, the thread in my office.

Has the Attorney General spoken to the Chief Justice in private?

In case not, consider this notice from the Court that it has received your case.

I believe, unless the Chief Justice corrects me, that I will be presiding over this issue.

Has the Attorney General spoken to the Chief Justice in private?

In case not, consider this notice from the Court that it has received your case.

I believe, unless the Chief Justice corrects me, that I will be presiding over this issue.
I have and am awaiting his reply.

I wouldn’t think that the Justices involved should change part way through a case.

Personally I’m more than happy for the case to be delayed for the two days until the new Court is elected, because of how short the timespan is. I would also not mind if the current Court is to deal with this case for reasons of efficiency but there doesn’t seem to be any particular rush to proceed from the government or the defendant.

Edit:

For the record, the Chief Justice set out the trial rota in the thread here and therefore fulfilling his Constitutional obligation with regards to the organisation of the Court. I, therefore, will be the presiding judge in the case as also set out in the Constitution. I also note that the Chief Justice has not been online since April 16.

If the Attorney General wishes to proceed immediately we are able to do so. If he does not I do not have a problem with that but he will need to withdraw his charge and resubmit it after the new Court is sworn in. I would appreciate a swift decision from the Attorney General on how he wants to proceed.

Back