Something wicked this way comes

Sydia

TNPer
I mentioned in my other topic that I was cooking up a little scheme. It's been in the works for a while now, just got word from the mods that it's kosher.

What in Max's name am I talking about?
The what; A unified AdSpam Watch. Feeder-wide, the Watch notifies violators of regional ad rules that should they break another rule, they are blacklisted from all member regions of the scheme.
The why; I get bored of dealing with spammers who just go on to post the same horrendous mess on the RMB of our sister feeders without a second thought. Plus, inter -regional interaction is always good fun. Wars, for example.
The when: Very soon. Just waiting for the HQ to be established.
The how: Violators get posted in a centralisted location for all to see. They are the blacklisted multiple violators. This is not a scheme for harassing honest recruiters; it's about protecting the precious RMBs of feeders from the scourge of ASCII "art", page long nonsense and bad grammar.
The who: In the immediate future it shall be The North Pacific and The East Pacific (which is where the HQ would be located, for sake of convenience). In the foreseeable future; The South Pacific is likely to join too. I'd also like to see The Pacific in the scheme, as well as Lazarus and The Rejected Realms. If the dust settles in The West Pacific, they're more than welcome too.

I imagine the likelihood of TWP agreeing to implement anything right now is pretty slim, but if they can set aside their differences they're more than welcome to join.

I like the idea a lot. :)

Will it come with a unification of ad rules over the different feeders as well? Because right now, the limits appear to vary and a message that is forbidden in TNP might be legal elsewhere.

I like the idea a lot. :)

Will it come with a unification of ad rules over the different feeders as well? Because right now, the limits appear to vary and a message that is forbidden in TNP might be legal elsewhere.
Unavoidably AFK for a few days again, hopefully for the last time. To answer your question Erm, the idea is a rule break in one region is a rule breaker in all.

Say for example The East Pacific and us were in the scheme. Johnny spammer posts an ad that is within our rules but breaks one of TEP's rules. The spammer is then unwelcome in TNP too.

I got the idea from seeing the same spammers break rules across the feeders. Rather than regional delegate acting like chumps and giving out endless individual warnings, why not act as one?

Scheme is *very* nearly ready for implementation, by the way, in case you think I'm all talk and no trousers.

And we are go for AdSpam watch. For some reason invisionfree's Z1 (which TEP uses) is deader than a Texan armadillo at the moment, but once it's back up I'll link you to the HQ.

Back