Judicial elections

Sydia

TNPer
Elections are coming up in April (the election cycle is to start on the first of April, to be exact, which means after nominations, declarations and verification the actual voting should hopefully take place from the 11th to the 17th) to elect the court, including the Chief Justice and Attorney General.

If you are not planning on standing for election to the judiciary and fancy running an election please post your interest here.

Thank you for posting this. While I have enjoyed running the elections I don't think it would go over well for me to run my own.

(I do plan to stand again if the region will have me.)

The date fast approaches; those willing to serve as electoral commissioner, please post your interest here.

I nominate GM for Justice. (We had the top vote getter be Chief last time, we'll have to do the same if the same three are elected and seniority doesn't work as a factor.)

And I nominate myself for Attorney General.

Errr, Sniffles, you are a couple of weeks early with that. Nominations don't open until the 1st; and Sydia is looking for an EC to oversee the election.

Indeed; people who are not running any for judicial positions are required in order to oversee the election.

Since electoral law states we can have two ECs, why not. Khark and Govindia, if you could both do the region the honour of running the April Judicial Elections it'd be most appreciated. You'll have to liaise with each other re who posts what where.

Here's the timescale courtesy of Gross;

week prior to day 1 (April 1st - I know we're a bit early, but better safe than sorry, eh) -- appoint election commissioner
start date to day 7 -- nominations/declaration period
Days 8 - 10 -- candidate verification
day 11- 17 -- voting
day 18 -- announcement of results.

Back