January 8, 2009

Population: 2,425 nations

Delegate: The 09 Nation of The Tresville Element

Vice Delegate: The Soyedinyonniyi Schtati of Zemnaya Svoboda

Forum: http://z13.invisionfree.com/TNP/index.php?, IRC: #tnp on esper.net

icontnpoc4.gif

Government Updates

Regional Assembly
Elections: Elections for Delegate, Vice Delegate, Speaker of the Regional Assembly, and Council of Lower Officers were held, resulting in the election of Sydia as new Vice Delegate, Eluvatar as new Speaker, and new CLO members FALKONCATS, Falconias, and Namyeknom.

Neither Flemingovia or Tresville garnered enough votes to constitutionally be elected Delegate, so a run-off appears imminent.

Discussions:
- Several Discussions were/are being held on the Actions/Powers of the Speaker of the Assembly. Most prominent is a proposed Ban on the Speaker Lobbying RA Members in support of a particular Vote.
- An Amendment Proposal preventing preferential appointments based on Influence was discussed.
- A New Election Code was proposed.

Votes:
- Two different Electoral Reform Laws were voted on and rejected.
- The RA passed an Amendment establishing a Security Council of High Influence Nations after a drawn out legislative and judicial battle.
- An Amendment establishing a procedure for Impeaching government officials was passed.
- Minor Corrections were made to the wording of the Bill of Rights, and the wording of the Article on Treaty Approval was slightly modified.

Interior Affairs
- The Office of Interior Affairs has been maintaining and updating the new InfoBox on The TNP forums.
- The Fourth Annual North Pacific Awards Ceremony will take place on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 8:00pm EST. Please Join Us!

Defense and Security
NPA:
- The North Pacific Army is currently recruiting. Applicants need not be members of The North Pacific.
- The NPA launched a Friendship Tour of the Feeders to reintroduce The North Pacific to its neighbors.

Entertainment
- The Office of Arts and Entertainment introduced the Poll of the Week, asking such heady Questions as "Which is your Favorite Feeder?", "Which is your Least Favorite Feeder?", and "What do you think of NS2?".

icontnpoc4.gif

Code:
[align=center]
[IMG]http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/8836/regionalupdate2mf8.gif[/IMG]

[SIZE=4]
January 8, 2009

Population: 2,425 nations

Delegate: The 09 Nation of The Tresville Element 

Vice Delegate: The Soyedinyonniyi Schtati of Zemnaya Svoboda

Forum: [URL=http://z13.invisionfree.com/TNP/index.php?]http://z13.invisionfree.com/TNP/index.php?[/URL], IRC: #tnp on esper.net

[/align][/SIZE]

[hr]

[align=center]
[IMG]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5720/icontnpoc4.gif[/IMG]

[font=Lucida Calligraphy] [SIZE=7] [u]
Government Updates
[/u] [/SIZE] [/font][/align]

[SIZE=4] [b]Regional Assembly [/b][/SIZE]
Elections: Elections for Delegate, Vice Delegate, Speaker of the Regional Assembly, and Council of Lower Officers were held, resulting in the election of Sydia as new Vice Delegate, Eluvatar as new Speaker, and new CLO members FALKONCATS, Falconias, and Namyeknom.

Neither Flemingovia or Tresville garnered enough votes to constitutionally be elected Delegate, so a run-off appears imminent.

Discussions:
- Several Discussions were/are being held on the Actions/Powers of the Speaker of the Assembly. Most prominent is a proposed Ban on the Speaker Lobbying RA Members in support of a particular Vote.
- An Amendment Proposal preventing preferential appointments based on Influence was discussed.
- A New Election Code was proposed.

Votes:
- Two different Electoral Reform Laws were voted on and rejected.
- The RA passed an Amendment establishing a Security Council of High Influence Nations after a drawn out legislative and judicial battle.
- An Amendment establishing a procedure for Impeaching government officials was passed.
- Minor Corrections were made to the wording of the Bill of Rights, and the wording of the Article on Treaty Approval was slightly modified.

[SIZE=4] [b]Interior Affairs  [/b][/SIZE]
- The Office of Interior Affairs has been maintaining and updating the new InfoBox on The TNP forums.
- The Fourth Annual North Pacific Awards Ceremony will take place on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 8:00pm EST. Please Join Us!

[SIZE=4] [b]Defense and Security  [/b][/SIZE]
NPA:
- The North Pacific Army is currently recruiting. Applicants need not be members of The North Pacific.
- The NPA launched a Friendship Tour of the Feeders to reintroduce The North Pacific to its neighbors.

[SIZE=4] [b]Entertainment[/b][/SIZE]
- The Office of Arts and Entertainment introduced the Poll of the Week, asking such heady Questions as "Which is your Favorite Feeder?", "Which is your Least Favorite Feeder?", and "What do you think of NS2?".

[align=center]
[IMG]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5720/icontnpoc4.gif[/IMG][/align]

I guess we should send this to our embassies. :D

I thoguht I got AWP? :unsure:

Besides, shouldn't we wait until we have an official acting EA Minister with an official update? :blink: :ADN:

No. I'm tired of waiting for activity. Its time to grab the region and throttle it out of its current coma.
I agree with this sentiment. And contrary to popular belief, it has always been that way (even back in the "Golden Age of NS").

Five years ago when I ran the region's diplomatic corps and brought the regional update concept to our sunny shores, I wrote the thing myself, posted it for a quick perusal by the locals (a day or two) and personally delivered the thing to our various embassies. It took about 20 minutes of effort a week, start to finish. Easy.

When we decided to let our various ambassadors deliver the updates it started to fall apart a bit. You see, even then, the majority of people in this game liked holding a fancy title but didn't like doing the work associated with it.

The only way anything actually gets done in this game, now as then, is for a group of committed and dedicated players to take the onus upon themselves and just do it. And you can do it democratically, with involvement from the region.

If you do stuff and keep people in the loop, let them have a little input, they feel involved and part of the greater community. If you balance this by keeping things moving (to which our Grosse-ian era regulations are antithetical), then you get a more dynamic, interesting game.

I could go on, but I probably lost half of you three paragraphs ago. :D

I commend your effort Kharkistania! Its about time people to activity into their own hands rather than sitting round and expecting others to do the work!

Back