Email notifications status thread

Please note in this thread if you have started to receive email notifications from the new board email address -- thenorthpacific.nationstates@gmail.com.

Likewise, if yoiu should have received a email notification and haven't please post.

After reporting the problem to IF support a few days ago, I received a notification this evening of a new PM. I have no way of knowing if this was random, or evidence of a resolution of the problem unless others let me know whether they are now receiving email noficications of PMs or subscribed threads.

Thank you!

Edit: Also, please check your junk mail fiolder to see if notifications may have gone there.

Blackshear, I started receiving them about an hour before I opened this thread. I've exchanged PMs with one person this evening and all three of the PMs sent to me resulted in e-mail notifications.

I did not receive an e-mail notification for a PM sent nine hours ago. I'm not sure if this was prior to the board e-mail switcheroo.

I just sent myself a PM now to check, and I got an email (thenorthpacific.nationstates@gmail.com) right away.

I didn't get an email for the PM about 12 hours ago (probably the same one Blackshear got), so yea they must have just fixed it this evening.

Sent myself one about an hour ago...no email notification yet.

Also, I have received about 3 error messages from IE in regards to the forum code.

Oddly enough, Tres, the PM reply you sent me last night did trigger a e-mail notification. Did you check your junk/spam folder?

As to the code problems in IE, I wouldn't know, I don't use IE at all. It might be related to any of the recent changes so maybe a thread in the Suggestion Box with details so all the admin can take a look at it?

I've gotten a notification for every PM I've received in the past day and a half from three different users (Sniffles, Tresville, and Eluvatar) even though they're reporting more spooty results than I am.

Keep those reports coming. I want to see if we can detect a pattern of any kind.

I've got bo diddly, for some time (at least 2 weeks, though as I tend to baleet notification emails I couldn't tell you for sure).

IF SUpport sent out the following notification about 36 hours ago:
I'm pleased to announce this issue is now fixed. :)

I would suggest that you check your user account spam and junk mail settings; I would recommend adding "thenorthpacific.nationstates@gmail.com" to you email client's address book to reduce the chanes of bouncing emails or having the notifications treated as junk or spam.

Herte's the latest on the e-mail notification issue from the Invisionfree suppoer tean:

The issue is currently preventing users with hotmail based emails receiving email from your board. All other email addresses should work fine.

We do hope to finally have this issue fixed sometime within the next couple of weeks - we'll be posting an announcement about some exciting news. Keep an eye out for it. :)

Jonathan

Thank god for gmail and yahoo mail.

Back