TNP v. Knockavale

Gracius Maximus

Tyrant (Ret.)
Per the Constitution of The North Pacific each member nation of the Regional Assembly is afforded the opportunity to a fair and speedy trial.

In this particular instance, based on the information already unofficially provided, it is unclear that this trial should take place as a civil or criminal matter.

I do not believe the underlying act is necessarily in question and the Court will take the findings of the forum administration at face value unless the named accused wishes to dispute those findings.

Therefore, I, the Minister, ruler of Gracius Maximus and Chief Justice of the Court of The North Pacific, call this hearing to order with purpose to determine, as reasonably as possible, if the former Regional Assembly member Knockavale did knowingly or accidentally breach the letter of our law when using a proxy server to apply on this forum for Assembly membership so that the type of subsequent trial can be named.

The Prosecution is now asked to submit their opinion on the motives behind the act itself, likewise, the Defendant is asked to submit their opinion on the manner in which they took action in violation of our law. The Court is also open to motions from either party.

Extraneous comments or those posting not directly appointed or requested to speak by either of the parties above will have their comments removed.

Weather or not it was determined to be a knowing or unknowing act of using a proxy server does not matter. The law clearly states that the use of a proxy server to register for RA membership is an offense that can result in a permanent ban from the forums. However, considering the circumstances, and the nature of university servers, the prosecution will give the defendant a chance to prove that he was using the servers at his university and not a proxy server to register for his RA membership. If the evidence submitted is not sufficient proof, we will continue with our charges.

Proof may be posted in this thread for all to see.

Weather or not it was determined to be a knowing or unknowing act of using a proxy server does not matter. The law clearly states that the use of a proxy server to register for RA membership is an offense that can result in a permanent ban from the forums. However, considering the circumstances, and the nature of university servers, the prosecution will give the defendant a chance to prove that he was using the servers at his university and not a proxy server to register for his RA membership. If the evidence submitted is not sufficient proof, we will continue with our charges.

Proof may be posted in this thread for all to see.
The Court will remind the AG that we determine guilt or innocence and we determine punishment per the Constitution.

That being said, the purpose of this hearing is not to determine whether the act did or did not take place or whether or not the full allowed for punishment is to be handed down but to determine if the act was committed knowingly, which would suggest a criminal act to the Court, or unknowingly.

I never said that you weren't the one's who determined guilt or innocence. I was simply stating a possible consequence that could result. :pinch:

However, let's continue. :yes:

Ok well how can i prove my innocence? Clearly ive used some sort of proxy server but it must just be my server on campus accomadation or something? If you want to check out the place check out www.dcu.ie so you can see its a university.

Yes, the proxy server that was used ended in dcu.ie. However, I still need one last bit of proof before I can formally withdraw the charges. Knockavale, do you have an email address assigned to you by the university? If so I would like to send you an email and get a pre arranged response from it. You may send me the address via PM for privacy (this is a public section of the forum after all).

Both parties are welcome to continue. I will however be offline until Sunday evening at least officially. I may log on via my phone periodically to check on things.

The hearing is not adjourned.

I can see why there may have been confusion. I wanted the hearing to continue in my absence so that I could hopefully render a decision on this aspect today.

That being said, please continue.

Sorry GM, seems we were both busy this weekend. :D

In any case, Knockavale has provided sufficient evidence to me that the server he used to apply for RA membership is indeed a university server set up as a proxy. As such, the prosecution wishes to formally drop all charges against Knockavale related to this case.

The comments from the AG are noted for the record.

Since the charges are dropped the Court sees no need to further this hearing or seek trial in the matter.

This hearing and matter are closed. Thank you to all parties involved.

Back