SmartPhones

I've come acrossed some money and what do I want? A smart phone! The thought of checking e-mail and cross checking references while on the scene reporting has me salivating!

I think the iphone is ok, but I do have a MASSIVE itunes library and that places it as a close first. But when it comes to total reliability and overall pizazz, the Blackberry 8800 is also good! Why not try Blackberry Storm? Well in Canada, only one company can carry it and it's Telus or as I like to call it eye-and-price-gouging central.

The google G1 also looks good... But it's not out in Canada yet...

So settle for the iphone, reach for the Blackberry or save up on the G1?
If any one of you guys have one, tell me about it!

Well it really depends on how your going to use it.

If it will be a business phone I suggest the Blackberry 8820. Same as the 8800 (which is discontinued by the way), only it has Wi-Fi and the GPS actually works on this one.

If you will use it for play, go with the Iphone. Just don't expect to like how u type with it. It is cool if u listen to a lot of music and want to see full webpages.

Make sure to get the theft and accidental damage option with your plan. These phones are expensive...I was almost robbed a few weeks ago and my Blackberry was damaged...they sent me the 8820 as an upgrade at no extra charge. I still had to pay 120 as partial payment (because the phone is so expensive), but I don't mind paying that for my baby! lol

Also, make sure u choose a carrier that has the best network in your region. Nothing worse than having a data phone that can't connect!!

New Phones:
Blackberry Storm
Not available in Canada yet...but u can sign up for updates:
Update form

Blackberry Bold is available in Canada and has some nice accessories.

I would not suggest buying the Google phone. Just like when the Iphone came out, I told many to wait...they didn't and regretted it. I bought the Blackberry and have been more than happy with it. Problem with new phones like the Iphone and the Google phone is that the kinks are never worked out for most of the first year. Always wait for the second version or till they release some major updates before getting one of these high maintenance phones. Blackberry has been doing this for a while so u can trust those phones more than u can trust Mac or Google phones. These companies are new to the business.

Back