NationStates 2

Sydia

TNPer
Open to everyone now;
The birth rate is a little below average.
The death rate is average.
Tons of immigrant workers are flocking in.
National Summary

The Most Serene Republic of Sydia is a tiny, easy-going nation, remarkable for its trust in politicians (ha!). Its population of 1.00 million citizens love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion. The average national tax rate is 29.17% (no doubt that will go up very soon).

Bakers peddle their surplus bread. Air-freshener salesmen peddle their wares to fish-scented patrons. "X-treme" scooter parks have sprung up around the country. (eh what?)

The populace is incredibly well-fed by its budding gourmet culture. The country is renowned for being very well-dressed (why, it's sweet of you to notice!). Only the top percentile of healthy drivers are given the privilege of being organ donors thanks to the abundance of medical supplies. The country has become famous for its well stocked silos of materials feeding industries all that they require. An abundance of energy has turned tales of appliances blinking "12:00" into urban legends. Workers are known for their incredible punctuality thanks to the world-class supply of transportation. More and more elite officers are graduating from military training. The country is known for its new renaissance of entertainment art.

Sydia's fearless leader resides in the nation's capital of Bron-Yr-Aur, making grand decisions typically with a pet flying pig curled-up on the carpet.

I'm in "Asia in World 31". I've no idea what this means. Where the hell's The North Pacific?

Edit: You have to pay for a custom flag? Are they quite mad?!

Also the server is a pile of cack.

The game is shit. And here are the few reasons I can personally offer:

1) I cannot upload a custom flag, I need to pay some effing corporation for this right. It also appears that the really fun options require paying some fee as well.

2) You can only switch continents once per nation. Which is not ideal, and once you land in whatever world you selected you are stuck there.

3) This is minor, but I do not enjoy having to request an invite to join an alliance and then having to wait for my telegram with my actual invite to join.

4) The continents all have a forum where you can post threads and hold discussions. But, I do not enjoy them like I did the Civil HQs in NationStates. And the forums are basic and cannot be customized like the Invisionfree forums.

With the servers drowning I couldn't do a whole lot, so not much criticism, positive or negative, from me just yet. From what have I seen, it could work, but I'm not sure it's living up to its potential.

Lets at least try this out.

We should create a NS2 forum and instruct people from TNP a to what region to join, how to play, etc.

Will get started on that soon.

NS2 isn't too bad once you give it a chance, actually.

Its in the very earliest of development stages...but we're working to bring World 7 (the largest) together as one community. As fortunate moderator of the most populated NS2 continent - Australia in World 7 - I'm working with the four other Moderators closely. An external World 7 forum has already been established and should be up and running within a week or two.

Interesting stuff, actually. There's also other (less public) developments on the horizon. Give it some time, and NS2 will have all the political strife and conspiracies you hunger for. :P

Its in the very earliest of development stages...but we're working to bring World 7 (the largest) together as one community. As fortunate moderator of the most populated NS2 continent - Australia in World 7 - I'm working with the four other Moderators closely. An external World 7 forum has already been established and should be up and running within a week or two.

Interesting stuff, actually. There's also other (less public) developments on the horizon. Give it some time, and NS2 will have all the political strife and conspiracies you hunger for. :P
I gave it a chance and it is still crap. :P

And how long has it been a beta version for? And the game has been in development for how many years? Just saying. :D

lol..

finally me is in, but dunno what o do, jsut need more info, but we will see...

( some minutes later : surfed around, found nothing good..need mo info...crap................ :boom )

I was playing it regularly, but between the developers not even listening to player input and the fact it was in no way near even Beta status when released it's ruined it for me. Even now it's barely beta quality.

I was going to (probably still am) write a rather scathing report on it. If anyone wants to contribute to it, that would be helpful. I was going to give it a bit more time to get its act together.....and it's been released barely different to the appalling beta. I think that's enough.

I'm going to check out NS2 and see what it's all about. I just got an email detailing the next beta version.

Will report back on my assessment. ;)

Yes I got to create my nation today in NS2 but yea had some trouble..

Im not that impressed to be honest... I wish they had some map where your nation is randomly placed so that you could expand... it gives for better game play.... maybe I should have suggested such.

My biggest problem with NS2 (assuming the technical server lag issues get sorted out) is simply the layout of the site. I have trouble finding things easily. I still don't know how to switch between my nations that I've created, and that strikes me as kind of important. And it took me like ten minutes to find the Create A New Nation link at the top of the Manage Account page. And finding specific nations/alliances without any search function (unless that's hiding somewhere too) is kind of a pain.

I do like the way that Alliances are built in the game. That's one thing where it's better than CN (obviously can't really compare that part to NS). It's not perfect, and would probably need some tweaking to support the large alliances of CN, but it is fundamentally decent and has potential.

There's a dropdown for world (and thus nation) switching near the upper right hand corner of the interface.

Yeah, it's whacked.

IMO, NS2 has potential. It has features that NS1 lacks. It also has some drawbacks compared to NS1.

Currently, it's got more bugs than the local bad resteraunt, and as I said on Taijitu's RMB, the servers go down at the drop of a hat; and there are a lot of dropping hats in the world!

I still have hopes for this game, but it's got a long way to go before it's really playable, let alone good, and I won't really know if it's salvagable until we see what war is really like.

One of the problems, IMO, is that certain worlds *cough*World 7*uncough* are full. Those of us who would like to join that world can't. There are technical reasons for splitting things into multpiple worlds, but it does divide the player base, and it sucks if you want to join an already full world.

Back