Screen Resolutions and it's effect on Ads

One of the things that I feel is an issue with busting spam is the screen resolution of the monitors involved. For example, I have a widescreen monitor on both my laptop and on my desktop. The laptop is 1440x900 while the desktop is 1680x1050. As such, the same ad will appear to be longer on my laptop than it is on my desktop. This is further complicated by the fact that you've also got standard ratio monitors (4:3 as opposed to 16:10). This makes an ad seem even longer. Thus an ad on my desktop may be 10 lines exactly while on somebody else's computer it could be up to 16 lines long.

Thus I propose that we maybe set a standard resolution for the spam busters. Then we can compare an ad on different resolutions and know what is what. Then again, that may be too complicated. Either way, it's definitely something to think about.

Example:
The Allied States of Weldugo Greetings! I would like invitate you to join the region Mars Hill. Just a few things we have to offer are:

> every nation is a member of Parliament
> a military force - the Mars Hill Militia
> regional government positions elected by popular vote
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Mars_Hill_Regi...dex.php?act=idx

We're still growing and perfecting what we have, and we'd love to have you along. Hope to see you soon in Mars Hill! http://www.nationstates.net/09314/region=mars_hill

=============================== 
10 lines

On:
1152 x 864 - 75mhz Maintain Aspect Ratio or No Border

1024 x 768 - 75mhz Maintain Aspect Ratio or No Border

1280 x 768 - 60mhz Maintain Aspect Ratio or No Border

800 x 600 - 75mhz Maintain Aspect Ratio or No Border

Monitor Name:Dell E198FP
Accelerator in Use:Intel® 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
Minimum Graphics Memory:8 MB
Maximum Graphics Memory:128 MB
Graphics Memory in Use:9 MB

Depending on your graphics card many may not have these resolutions. This may differ on a MAC. Will post those settings when I get on mine later.

But no changes so far.

Back