"Founder: Nastic"

Some people have no respect is all Pierc. No worries...what goes around comes around.

**Ok...who brought Megatron back from the dead?**

Ummm...no. Don't understand why you would think that. I don't believe u showed any lack of respect for Francos. That is also been part of my sig for like...years. It's kharma not like "revenge." To clarify.

Respect wtf?! O_o

That's like saying people should respect Mario or Duke Nukem. Respect is an earned concept. It's not something obtained because of years of doing something or because you did something first.

Again, I don't care what is in the WFE, but I'm not kowtowing or going to be part of an NS circlejerk every time an old player is mentioned.

That's like saying people should respect Mario or Duke Nukem. Respect is an earned concept. It's not something obtained because of years of doing something or because you did something first.

Again, I don't care what is in the WFE, but I'm not kowtowing or going to be part of an NS circlejerk every time an old player is mentioned.
What are u talking about? :blink:
I don't think u know who we are referring to.

Doesn't matter who it is. If it's a player in a GAME they don't automatically deserve respect. And respect is subjective anyway. It differs between people who they do and do not respect. Personally I respect the people that are playing now because I can know them as people, not some legend in an online game.

Doesn't matter who it is. If it's a player in a GAME they don't automatically deserve respect. And respect is subjective anyway. It differs between people who they do and do not respect. Personally I respect the people that are playing now because I can know them as people, not some legend in an online game.
What he said.

Edit: To clarify Tres, I read it as "slag off old players and...unfortunate things will happen to you." Which is obviously ridiculous.

FurtherEdit: Adding to what Kor, a walking continent of common sense, has stated; one of the criticisms that is most often leveled at TNP is that we are some "Old Boys Club", and if you ain't part of the Old Guard, you ain't nobody (so why not come to a region which appreciates new players such as insert region the critic is from here). And I don't think this helps.

Umm, this is the NS Discussion forum, right? Not the OOC Discussion forum.

Therefore anything said in here should be first looked at from an IC perspective. Having respect for another character in the game from an IC perspective isn't really that big a deal or uncommon.

Perspective is your friend.

Respect wtf?! O_o

I thought innovation was generally considered something deserving of respect. Perhaps they had the opportunity to do whatever it was before you simply because they happened to get here first, but that's not particularly relevant. That you didn't have the chance to invent the printing press doesn't make Gutenberg's accomplishment any less.

In any case, TNP doesn't have any central figure like Franco, so there really isn't anyone who could even arguably qualify for the "Founder" title. And I'm pretty sure most new nations would be somewhere between confused and apathetic to see a "Founder" in the WFE, or they would just take it at face value and not ask anyway. Especially if they come here and don't find any reference to that person, really.

Umm, this is the NS Discussion forum, right? Not the OOC Discussion forum.

Therefore anything said in here should be first looked at from an IC perspective. Having respect for another character in the game from an IC perspective isn't really that big a deal or uncommon.

:eyeroll:

Why do you assume that every time I say something negative it's "OOC"? For the record, I, of the leader of the totally real nation of Sydia, doth declare that respect is earned, not given. IC enough for you?

Umm, this is the NS Discussion forum, right?  Not the OOC Discussion forum.

Therefore anything said in here should be first looked at from an IC perspective.  Having respect for another character in the game from an IC perspective isn't really that big a deal or uncommon.

Why do you assume that every time I say something negative it's "OOC"? For the record, I, of the leader of the totally real nation of Sydia, doth declare that respect is earned, not given. IC enough for you?
No one said anything about you.

But, since you bring it up, from an IC perspective there are a great multitude of nations that should have "earned" respect from all avenues of gameplay simply through ingame acts and deeds. Failing to recognize those accomplishments just shows an asinine disposition more than anything else.

While your talking about players getting to know about the influential people from the past, might it also be a good idea to have a section on those currently in the RA etc. I am sure quite a few people don't know whose nations are from other regions, how long people have been in the North Pacific etc.

Therefore anything said in here should be first looked at from an IC perspective.  Having respect for another character in the game from an IC perspective isn't really that big a deal or uncommon.

But, since you bring it up, from an IC perspective there are a great multitude of nations that should have "earned" respect from all avenues of gameplay simply through ingame acts and deeds. Failing to recognize those accomplishments just shows an asinine disposition more than anything else.
Seemed like you were replying to me.

To suggest that respect isn't subjective is equally asinine.

Most of what I said works for IC as well as my feelings OOC. Very rarely do I pass out respect because of deeds done. I'm more personal respect oriented. I respect people for who they are mostly whether it be IC or OOC. I don't have any disrespect for the old players; I just don't worship them. Nor do I expect people to agree with me. I just give respect differently than most.

Besides I am only a minor player in the very large world that is NS. In the end my opinion really matters little. :P

Seemed like you were replying to me.

To suggest that respect isn't subjective is equally asinine.
I never claim to be anything but asinine.

See, this is why oldbies ought to not fade away.

I don't think it's fair to discount Francos Spain. I'm not of the opinion that what he did took any significant amount of skill, intelligence, or talent, but his actual impact on the game is unquestionable, even if the role would surely have been filled by someone else eventually had he not come along. TNP doesn't really have anyone so central to its history that can be pointed to in the same way.

If Franco's Spain had founder privileges, then he should be listed as founder. If not, Max Bary will know who was. Problem solved as far as the banner

In the Name of history, We could have a specialForum section. We could deify Max and Violet, have a Pantheon for major contributors and original members: an Ash Heap of History Rogue delegates and invaders etc., and a War Memorial. Perhaps we should also have at least one Isle of Elbe for Emperor Mathias :lol:
I think membership in one should not preclude membership in the others.

Back