New Banner

At least make the banner fit properly. Put
Code:
width= "100%"
directly after the graphic and save the graphic as a .png that way stretch distortion will be kept to a minimum.

Code:
width= "100%"
directly after the graphic and save the graphic as a .png that way stretch distortion will be kept to a minimum.
The distortion would just make the banner look worse if we did that. Make it the right size and there is no problem.

13yf2i0.png

14n1o2a.png

vs14kh.png

Code:
width= "100%"
directly after the graphic and save the graphic as a .png  that way stretch distortion will be kept to a minimum.
The distortion would just make the banner look worse if we did that. Make it the right size and there is no problem.
Not if you use png instead of jpg. Of course, the correct width to begin with is always desirable.

*ker-bump*

We whipping a rotating gif out of these bad boys or what?
Please no animated gif

There is a way to set up a .jpg or something that would change images on the server side, so when you reload you'd have a new banner. Not sure how, but I bet I could figure it out.

*ker-bump*

Please no animated gif

There is a way to set up a .jpg or something that would change images on the server side, so when you reload you'd have a new banner. Not sure how, but I bet I could figure it out.
Yeah, that's what I meant.
Or we could do what Biyah did and have javascript to randomly select an image.

*ker-bump*

Please no animated gif

Yeah, that's what I meant.
Or we could do what Biyah did and have javascript to randomly select an image.
That would work I didn't realize IF allowed javascript for the banner

Here is something I would like all of u to think about though. I have been trying very hard to change our image to a more positive one. Many of those banners are funny...yes I agree...but the more negative ones would only help to reinforce the stigma we have. I just don't want it to be counter productive. Please keep this in mind and choose wisely.

Self parody is good for the image. Makes us look less like stuffy old gits who take the game too seriously.

A fair point.

If they poke fun at us it's probably okay.

If they poke fun at someone else, then we look like crotchety old gits who hate everybody.

Sydia I suggest we set up a poll by someone who has access to the URL of these banners and list them to vote on.

Back