Request to the Court

Gracius Maximus

Tyrant (Ret.)
In light of the comment from the Speaker of the Regional Assembly in regards to nominations for Judge for the region The North Pacific, I, The Minister, ruler of Gracius Maximus, request that the Court grant me permission to stand for election for the reasons specified within this topic in the Regional Assembly.

EDIT: This should be titled "Request to the Court", my apologies.

The petitioner fails to state how his requestr is either a criminal case or a challenge to the constitutionality of any action already taken by the Executive or Legislative branches. Instead, it is a request for an advisory opinion that is outside the Court's jurisdiction as stated in the Constitution.

The petitioner should probably look to either the Regional Assembly or the Council of Lower Officials to see if they can provide the advisory remedy he seeks.

Mr. Speaker, the Court simply does not have the authority to give an advisory opinion. The Constitution does not give us that power.

Someone outside the Court has to make a decision or take an action, and then someone else can ask the Court whether that act or decision is Constitutional.

Mr. Speaker, the Court simply does not have the authority to give an advisory opinion. The Constitution does not give us that power.

Someone outside the Court has to make a decision or take an action, and then someone else can ask the Court whether that act or decision is Constitutional.
How convenient for you

No, not convenience, just followed what is in the Constitution as it stands now.

The Court under this constitution has very limited jurisdiction -- single justice criminal trials, and three-jusge panels to review the constitutionality of governmentyal action. Which means the action has to happen first, before the Court can hear it. You wanted a court of very limited jurisdiction, you got a court that followed what you gave it, and then you complain because the Court followed the constitution as it was written.

Back