Teachers Wanted!

The University of The North Pacific (UTNP), a private center for learning within Nationstates, is looking for several nations willing to teach courses.

This does not mean you have to be online during the whole duration of the course. Our system means that you set up the class beforehand and that way once enrollment is open, you don't have to do much at all.

Please feel free to pick a course to teach from the course list. We mostly need teachers for the AoNS degree courses listed there. Also, if you have an idea for a course, let me know and you can teach that too! We're always open to suggestions.

Here are the steps to become a teacher and then manage your class.
  • Post here with what class(es) you want to teach.
  • I will approve this application within 24 hours
  • Create a user account at the UTNP website (http://s182867369.onlinehome.us/utnp/claroline/auth/inscription.php)
  • When making the user account, first name should be your user name and last name should be "- TNP" (or - 'yourregion')
  • Also when creating the account, be sure to check Create Course not Follow Course.
  • Click OK
  • Click Next
  • Click "Create a course site" (http://s182867369.onlinehome.us/utnp/claroline/course/create.php)
  • Fill out the form. Course code should be the category code (MIL, LAW, etc.) followed by a 3 digit number, beginning with 1 if it is an AoNS course, 2 if BoNS, etc.
  • Be sure to check Enrollment "Denied." You will change this once the course is ready to be opened.
  • Click OK
  • Go to your course page (http://s182867369.onlinehome.us/utnp/claroline/course/index.php?cid=COURSEID and replace COURSEID with your course id)
  • This page is where you will manage your course. The left sidebar is your course toolbox. Click Edit Tool List and create invisible all the items you will not need your students to see for the course. I recommend leaving everything except "Course Description" and "Learning Path" invisible
  • The "Learning Path" will be the main interface that your students use to navigate your course. Using the other tools, you can add documents (lessons, etc.), links, exercises (exams, etc.), and assignments. Then you can add these to the Learning Path you create. This way your students know in what order things should be completed.
  • Be sure fill out your course description and your course home text (Click "Add Text" in the middle of the course homepage).
  • Once you have added each lesson, assignment, and exam, be sure they are all added to the learning path. At any time you can click "View Mode: Student" in the top right corner of the course page in order to see what your students will be able to see.
  • Test your course in "Student Mode" and be sure it works. Then click "Course Settings" and change enrollment to "Allowed."
  • PM me (Ator People) to let me know your course is now open (and let me know the timeline for the course). I will then make an announcement that it is open.
  • Be available to answer student questions during the course. By the end of the course, submit final grades to me via PM. Courses should last between 3 and 7 weeks on average.

Any of these if they have already not been taken:
NS Intelligence
Communication
Defending 1
Invading 1
Defending 2
Invading 2

Any of these if they have already not been taken:
NS Intelligence
Communication
Defending 1
Invading 1
Defending 2
Invading 2
Could you teach Invading 1 and NS Intelligence?

I'm not sure what "CRSI002 - Regional Policing" is..?

I'm assuming "Regional Security and Domestic Intelligence (RSDI)" is NS Intelligence. Could you rename it to that just so people can understand it better?

Also, remember:

Fill out the form. Course code should be the category code (MIL, LAW, etc.) followed by a 3 digit number, beginning with 1 if it is an AoNS course, 2 if BoNS, etc.

CRSI isn't a category code - the category codes are in the category list on the same page you create the course. And the number following them should start with a 1 if it's an AoNS course. If the NS Intelligence one is very difficult (as it said on the description page), you might want to make it a "2 . . "course or something and have it count for a BoNS degree instead.

And this is for all teachers: I think it would be a good idea if courses could be made without time limits. That way students can complete them on their own time, even if they know they will be busy. Let me know what you think about this.

The course codes have been changed, though RSDI and NS Intelligence are different in their roles.
I will be able to teach all those subjects.

Keep it Real

Mesian

Hmm, is invading 1 or 2 taken? Though I don't invade anymore (neutral in that sense), I was good at what I did long ago, and could offer pointers.

I'd also be interested in "teaching" one of the upper level thesis courses, ie, the one about NS militarism.

I could also teach courses about intel, defending, and diplomacy if needed.

Hmm, is invading 1 or 2 taken? Though I don't invade anymore (neutral in that sense), I was good at what I did long ago, and could offer pointers.

I'd also be interested in "teaching" one of the upper level thesis courses, ie, the one about NS militarism.

I could also teach courses about intel, defending, and diplomacy if needed.
Right now I'm focusing on AoNS courses, since the upper level courses won't be taken until people have completed AoNS degrees.

Mesian is teaching Invading 1. Would you like to maybe work with him on that course? Or you can teach Invading 2 if you feel comfortable with that, though it won't be starting right away. If you two want to talk to each other about that, it could be good to build up a military program that works together.

So Invading 1 co-teacher is an option, or Invading 2 (though people won't take that for a couple months probably). Or Defending 1 if you'd like, and I can work with you on that one.

Back