Clarification

Gracius Maximus

Tyrant (Ret.)
I have had access to the Public Regional Assembly Hall for over two years. I have been taking part in ongoing conversations within that hall for the past two weeks.

Today an administrator, who happens to be Chief Justice, removed my access to post.

I would like to once again seek legal clarification on the reason I am not now a member of the Regional Assembly.

When reviewing the Bill of Rights and Constitution I am assured that as a member of the region that I will not have any officials of the region bar me from taking part in the legislative process without due (and transparent) cause, that said officials will not ban me from access to any forum without same and that I will be notified publicly if I am being accused of a crime against the region. None of these have taken place.

Further, the Constitution states that the Speaker of the Regional Assembly will provide a uniform method by which nations are admitted into the RA. The Speaker has stated that he has not required every nation applying for membership to complete his "survey" and via Private Messages has started an inquisition on my activities in an IRC conversation with another member of the region prior to my posted application.

This seems to be an abuse of power on the part of the Speaker, an abuse of power on the part of the administration and an overstepping of place on the part of the Delegate and Cabinet in dealing with supposed acts by me in a non-transparent fashion.

For reference:

Bill or Rights:
5. All Nations of The North Pacific have the right to be protected against the abuse of powers by any official of a government authority of the region. Any Nation of The North Pacific has the right to request the impeachment of any official of a government authority of the region in accordance with this Constitution that is deemed to have participated in such acts.

6. No Nation shall be held to answer for a crime in a manner not prescribed by this Constitution or the Legal Code. No Nation shall be subjected to being twice put in jeopardy for the same offense. No Nation shall ever be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against itself.

7. When charged with criminal acts, Nations of The North Pacific shall have a fair, impartial, and public trial before a neutral and impartial judicial officer. In any criminal proceeding, a Nation is presumed innocent unless guilt is proven to the fact finder by reasonably certain evidence. A Nation may be represented by any counsel of the Nation's choosing. No Nation convicted of a crime shall be subject to a punishment disproportionate to that crime.

9. Each Nation in The North Pacific is guaranteed the organization and operation of the governmental authorities of the region on fundamental principles of democracy, accountability, and transparency. No action by the governmental authorities of the region shall deny to any Nation of The North Pacific, due process of law, including prior notice and the opportunity to be heard, nor deny to any Nation of The North Pacific the equal and fair treatment and protection of the provisions of this Constitution. No governmental authority shall have power to adopt or impose an ex post facto law or a bill of attainder as to any act for purposes of criminal proceedings.

Constitution:
Section 1: Registration and Membership

1. The Assembly is tasked with creating and maintaining a uniform procedure for membership in and removal from the Assembly.

Section 2: Speaker of the Assembly

1. The Assembly is led by the Speaker, whose task it is to lay out a uniform set of guidelines by which proposed legislation and other actions may be considered and voted upon.

The Constitution directed the Regional Assembly to enact a law on Registration and Membership which it did (Law 28). That commits control of the process to the Speaker or the Speaker's designee.

Until the Speaker makes a decision under Law 28, there is nothing to review.

@ GM -

While I personally appreciate the point of your argument and tend to agree, von Bismarck's Realpolitik and Nietzsche's Will to Power are passe. ;)

Addendum: And thankfully I haven't and hopefully never will be put in a position to weigh in on this matter. It might result in me being put in a conflicted position.

@ GM -

While I personally appreciate the point of your argument and tend to agree, von Bismarck's Realpolitik and Nietzsche's Will to Power are passe. ;)
I agree, which is why I am endeavoring to take part in the regular member governance of the region.

@ GM -

While I personally appreciate the point of your argument and tend to agree, von Bismarck's Realpolitik and Nietzsche's Will to Power are passe.  ;)
I agree, which is why I am endeavoring to take part in the regular member governance of the region.
There's a long history here that might make some uneasy, but in all reality, I do have to agree that you do have a many good things to contribute if applied in a constructive manner.

I believe we would agree that we need a stronger region that is independent of outside influences but willing to listen to those influences where they may offer improvements. We should also agree that we need bring back a revival of activity towards the goal of making TNP the strongest and most secure region.

If your contribution to the region is based upon the belief that the regions should be governed by the consent of the governed and that there is a need to promote a belief that political opposition is a welcomed force in synthetic terms, then personally, your input into the process would be welcomed.

Oh but you're not suggesting that his legal ability to be involved is based on a subjective analysis of what his input might entail?

LAW 28:
2. The Speaker or assigned deputy, shall respond to applicant requests within 14 days. Failure to respond to the applicant within the specified period will result in automatic admittance of the applicant to the Assembly.

3 days to go, right? :jack:

LAW 28:
2. The Speaker or assigned deputy, shall respond to applicant requests within 14 days. Failure to respond to the applicant within the specified period will result in automatic admittance of the applicant to the Assembly.

3 days to go, right? :jack:
Given the internet problems of the admins, even if I wanted him in. I couldn't.

I have seen at least one admin on every day and just recently had one remove my posting rights, as mentioned above, so I do not believe access to the Admin CP to be a necessary point of contention at present.

Or a legal reason to ignore the Constitution if it comes to it.

I have seen at least one admin on every day and just recently had one remove my posting rights, as mentioned above, so I do not believe access to the Admin CP to be a necessary point of contention at present.

Yes, all the powers that be are conspiring against you. And if the Constitution could talk, you could only imagine what it would say.

Evidently the admins aren't around.

Gross last online; Oct 7 2008, 10:54 PM
GBM last online; Oct 7 2008, 03:50 PM
Flem last online; Oct 8 2008, 07:40 AM

Yes, all the powers that be are conspiring against you. And if the Constitution could talk, you could only imagine what it would say.
When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. - Bismarck

Don't be patronizing, you and I both know that the "powers that be" actually are conspiring against me in this instance.

Otherwise you wouldn't be sending me Private Messages asking for my permission to review IRC conversations that I have taken part in recently. :eyeroll:

Unless someone poses an actual security threat, we can't have separate rules for people just because some may find them unsavory.

Now, quite frankly, there's not much GM could do in the RA to compromise security except maybe vote a certain way to screw up key proposals, but that would be a bridge we could cross when we get there, if we get there.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. - Bismarck

Don't be patronizing, you and I both know that the "powers that be" actually are conspiring against me in this instance.

Otherwise you wouldn't be sending me Private Messages asking for my permission to review IRC conversations that I have taken part in recently. :eyeroll:
Not recently, all of them.

And once again you speak of things you know nothing about. Like for one, the assumption that all three admins know how to mask people or that their spotty internet access means admins have to prioritize between which is more important: your application or important discussions. Also one of the admins may actually just have an allergy to your presence and we're still in the throes of bleach bombing the chambers.

I have IRC logs from 4 years ago when I was negotiating the trial of RedCommunist for treason in the ADN at the same time I was planning to provide the NPO with ADN secrets if you need those too. :eyeroll:

I believe the NPD forum is still open to the public, feel free to go there and take a look around at what The Minister deemed a suitable government during his time as Delegate. I believe the Regional Assembly incorporated quite a bit from there under the Speakership of Poltsamaa.

This is really ignorant on a great many levels. The board admin will not allow the region to follow their rules because they don't like me? Twoslit much?

Also one of the admins may actually just have an allergy to your presence and we're still in the throes of bleach bombing the chambers.
I must have misunderstood the joke behind this comment then because it seems to state that at least one of the admins has let his personal opinion of me restrict his ability to carry out the admining of the board in regards to myself.

If that was not your intent I apologize.

What was the actual meaning of this comment?

Also one of the admins may actually just have an allergy to your presence and we're still in the throes of bleach bombing the chambers.
I must have misunderstood the joke behind this comment then because it seems to state that at least one of the admins has let his personal opinion of me restrict his ability to carry out the admining of the board in regards to myself.

If that was not your intent I apologize.

What was the actual meaning of this comment?
Bad joke.

Trust me, I decided days ago to let you in. And there's much more to do as an admin than masking new players. Until one of us finally enjoys the wonders of DSL, we're all bashing our heads against the wall. This is coming from someone holding the sole legal and political responsibility for masking yet answers to three different people just to move an inch on it.

And I'm being flippant because you take yourself to seriously and I'm sure there's a beautiful smile hiding under there.

This is really ignorant on a great many levels.  The board admin will not allow the region to follow their rules because they don't like me?  Twoslit much?
I do think you're counting your eggs before they are hatched there, GM.
I am not sure where you are going with this honestly. I don't even have a basket.
You have received no statement of refusal. You have not been refused. Therefore you are counting your egg (refusal) before it is hatched (announced).

This implies that you desire to get that egg (refusal).

I leave as an exercise for the reader why I might think that to be the case :tb2: .

Oh and in a vaguely relevant way, I was looking through my photobucket account this afternoon and found some old images I made.

nevillecopy.jpg

02kangaroocourt2.jpg

I'd like to think my photoshop skills have improved somewhat since then...

GM, sorry the re-masking has been delayed. I confess there is no practical reason why I am an admin. I don't know how to do masking, and I wouldn't want to give it a try without some coaching. Also, my home internet has been down, so my NS time has been severely abridged.

OK, I poked around the controls and was able to put you in the RA group. Let us know if everything is not as it should be. I happened to notice we have a "Former Rogue Delegates" group if you're interested.

Mum, make sure you changed him to the RA member group, and checked off the RA permission mask, otherwise weird things can happen with access.

I haven't been on here for a couple of days because I literally couldn't get a connection to open with the z13 Invisionfree server, and when I did, I would get other error messages. That's how weak my wireless broadband connection through Sprint has been at times since June. Weather is also a factor apparently since rain and thunder makes the problem more acute.

I've switching to a DSL connection through my cable company, and installation is scheduled for this coming Monday afternoon (my time). I'm so fed up with Sprint, that I've been shopping around to change my cellphone service away from them after 10 years (and that is not a misprint; my first contract with them was in the spring of 1998.) I now have a new cellphone with a new provider, and I will be cancelling my old service by Monday. It takes time to find cellphones that work well with my hearing impairment, and that limits my options -- considerably.

So I'm sorry that my RL connection problems has caused any inconvience. But I've tried to work around those problems as much as I could since they started in June, and several things had to fall into place to resolve it. (And bad customer service is never helpful to resolving these sorts of things.)

This is really ignorant on a great many levels.  The board admin will not allow the region to follow their rules because they don't like me?  Twoslit much?
I do think you're counting your eggs before they are hatched there, GM.
I am not sure where you are going with this honestly. I don't even have a basket.
You have received no statement of refusal. You have not been refused. Therefore you are counting your egg (refusal) before it is hatched (announced).

This implies that you desire to get that egg (refusal).

I leave as an exercise for the reader why I might think that to be the case :tb2: .
Sometimes the theatrics are put in place so that the desired effect comes about in a less than obvious fashion.

As always, it worked out in my favor at the end.

I thank the Speaker and the board administration for their part.

Back