The Real Story Behind The Invasion of Mecca

Joshua

TNPer
What Really Happened In Mecca?

show8.jpg

The Crazed Colonel as played by HEM

The recent invasion of Mecca has caused quite the stir in NS and many of us have wondered who was behind the invasion. I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to interview HEM and shed some light on this matter. I hope you all enjoy the interview as much as I did.

Joshua:
How are you on this fantastic evening?

HEM:
I am very well.

Joshua:
Always good to hear that. Before we get into the nitty gritty, I think it would be great if we good get your background in NationStates. So, that we can become more familiar with you.

How long have you played NS? When did you start? And what major regions have you had involvement in?

I joined in late July 2006, I founded a region called the League of Dictatorships which was moderatly sucessful for 6 months, during that time I also joined Empires of Earth and later The Land of Kings and Emperors when I became Prime Minister, after my fiasco term as PM I founded Europeia, where I have spent the majority of my time and energy since.

Thank you for giving us that brief and enlightening history on yourself.

Let us get to the heart of the matter. The region Mecca was recently invaded, and the identity of the raiders has been a mystery to almost everyone, including myself.

Aye, indeed it has been one of the most interesting invasions in a while.

Yes, it certainly has been and one of the biggest mysteries as well. You admitted to me that you were involved invasion upon Mecca, is that correct?

Aye I was indeed. I was the WA Delegate, the crazed colonel.

Talk about your surprises. Many players around NationStates have spent considerable time speculating who owned Crazed Colonel and what region was behind the invasion.

Kharkistania of TNP was convinced it was the AC (Aeazen Combine) and believed the nation Crazed Colonel was an homage to a nation named Mad Major.

Seems his assessment did not hit the bullseye, and he is not alone.

Khark has the right idea, however. While at the end of the day, He did not leave the game with my support. He did leave it with some remniscent kind of admiration. Aeazer has been the inspiration for several of my nations including one used in the battle of Rajaland The Lax Lietentant.

So, the Aeazen Combine and Aeazer himself had nothing to do with this raid on Mecca, other then serve as a personal inspiration for you?

I wouldn't use the word inspiration Josh, Aeazer did many illegal and harmful things.
However, he does speak to the part of me that is more rebel like, and the Aeazen Combine had nothing to do with the raid.

Thank you for correcting me. So, what was the motivation for the raid on Mecca?

I just wanted that to be clear. Umm...originally it was simply a standard training mission. However, my love for drama and antics attracked a much larger audience.

Was this a training mission for a specific region or organization?

It was indeed, it was specifically a training mission for a Senior branch of the Europeian Navy.

Was there anything outside the training mission that you hoped to accomplish in the invasion of Mecca?

No. it was purely for training, Europeia is not imperialist, we almost always return the region to its original state. Although Mecca was an exception.

What made Mecca different?

Mecca actually gave us vast media exposure, which was a danger to our mission. We don't like losing regions, so we annouced our departure, left and a raiding group attempted to take over as per my prediction, defenders stormed the region that night. So we narrowly avoided a loose :P

The raiding group you speak of was the UEFF?

I admit that I did not idenify the group, however I thought I saw elements of the FRA. However I didn't pay it loads of mind I admit.

Elements of the FRA? I read that the UEFF came in after you guys left. Who are the UEFF and what does the acronym stand for?

I have no clue, we are two lost nations :P

So, you are just as clueless as I am? :P

Not that much :P

Do you have an idea of who the UEFF are? And there was also mention of Israelis being involved in Mecca.

There was an original liberation attempt from Muslim regions, which was easily repealed. A revolution force was being built amoung various religous regions before I left. I admit I know little else.

Thank you. I am curious about your statement about the FRA. Can you elaborate?

From when?

When I asked you earlier about the UEFF. You responded by saying that you did not identify the group, but thought you saw elements of the FRA.

I saw nations I have previously thought worked with the FRA.

Thank you for shedding light on this matter. Would you like to add anything in regards to the invasion of Mecca?

Erm, mainly I enjoyed everyone guessing who it was. I like the mystery behind it lol. It was fun, I feel like I woke NS up for a few minutes and now all is right again.

You certainly did. And it is sad to see the mystery unveiled, but knowing the world of NationStates there will be plenty more mysteries to come.

I always like to end every interview with a few fun questions.

What is your favorite curse word?

Hehe, Actually I don't really have one. I find it more fun to alter one and annoy people with it. I love how everyone says "Why don't you just say the word" :P

What is your favorite color?

Color...Blue

And if you could be stuck in an elevator with anyone who would it be? (and what you do in there is between you two. :P)

Hmm...probably Bill Gates, I figure we can gamble

Not my top choice. :P To each their own. Thank you for the wonderful opportunity to speak with you. It has been a sincere pleasure.

It has been fun

Back